Fixed Mesh Lighting (by Catnyss)

DoubleYou

On 12/10/2021 at 2:26 PM, TechAngel85 said:

Updated instructions for latest version.

I vote to include this one.

we shouldn't be using the 'Trees' fix. It will break the DynDOLOD for those trees unless I create models specifically for FML. Same is true for The MA should be made aware, so I will do that. Looks like EVT LOD will also be nullified.

What exactly is this fixing anyway? The AA meshes have always looked fine to me.

PS: We also need to keep this in mind for any DynDOLOD Resources and mention to sheson if any are affected by this or other mesh replacers.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't think the trees are as important as the flora and objects covered by this mod. Trees already have their own form of shadows upon them, so adding it to everything may just cause the trees to overall appear darker rather than better. I vote we skip the tree option altogether.

16 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

I honestly don't think the trees are as important as the flora and objects covered by this mod. Trees already have their own form of shadows upon them, so adding it to everything may just cause the trees to overall appear darker rather than better. I vote we skip the tree option altogether.

I agree and have modified the instructions likewise for the time being. We had been skipping trees from this mod originally anyway, and I assumed it was for the LOD problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Upgraded to EVT v2.2.1 Basic (made an error of choice previously by choosing the custom version).

In my configuration I put the following:

WBConfig.jpg

Obviously, I'm not going to use the sophisticated FOMOD installer imposed by the author which hide a lot of things.

(Could the mod author explain to us why the game becomes "unstable" if we choose to overwrite some threes meshes?)

I my WB config I separated the tree meshes in 3 parts:

00 FML - Trees - EVT Conflict\meshes\landscape\trees\ (24 meshes)

EVT-Conflicts.jpg

This is the conflicting part of the mod with EVT 2.2.1 (not to overwrite)

00 FML - Trees - EVT Conflict Overwrite\ (2 meshes) (WIP)

EVT-Conflicts-Overwrite.jpg

conflicting part with EVT that I choose to overwrite.

00 FML - Trees - EVT No Conflict

The part of "Fixed Lighting Meshes"  that do not conflict with EVT.

31 minutes ago, gamingsrc said:

(Could the mod author explain to us why the game becomes "unstable" if we choose to overwrite some threes meshes?)

I told the author that any trees he does will break the DynDOLOD association where it exists. Maybe that's what he means.

I don't see that this mod has the EVT files and last update is on March 2.

image.png

Perhaps I am missing something?

3 hours ago, gamingsrc said:

Upgraded to EVT v2.2.1 Basic (made an error of choice previously by choosing the custom version).

I...

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

Perhaps I am missing something?

I'm lost too. If you're here, I assume you're installing this for Step, which means you shouldn't be installing trees from this mod and you shouldn't be picking apart the FOMOD. We did a LOT...can I make that bigger...a LOT of testing and work about meshes and mesh conflicts for v2.0 to get things right.

Now if you have the Guide up and running stably, and are doing extra stuff that is another story. Regardless your inquiry is not clear.

• 1 month later...

Updated instructions for version 1.7.6.

This mod has updated options since our last release, including camera effects. Editing the camera meshes I know could possibly cause glitches, so we should pay attention to any weird effects in relation to this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
34 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

I noticed the changelog states "Re-added instruction to hide file in Fixed Mesh Lighting" but that note doesn't actually appear to be added.

What happened was I removed the instructions because it was unnecessary, then Z re-added it because he thought it was necessary, then I mentioned it was unnecessary again, so it was removed again.

So I have now removed the line from the changelog. 

2 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

What happened was I removed the instructions because it was unnecessary, then Z re-added it because he thought it was necessary, then I mentioned it was unnecessary again, so it was removed again.

So I have now removed the line from the changelog. 

:woot: