v1.0.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings!

I have recently gone through the entire list of the Skyrim SE Guide: Version 1.0.0 (as I had decided to recently re-mod my Skyrim SE) and wished to provide a list of updated mods below, that are currently out of date as per the guide's release date (Feb 14, 2021) as of this post, along with the update dates. (And some notes to go along with it if there was something noteworthy about it). This is more of an effort to help with perhaps a potential future update for the guide before the newer edition/update hits that may throw a few things out of whack.

Hopefully this is helpful ^^

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch - 15 June 2021

Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DYNDOLOD - 17 August 2021

Majestic Mountains - 05 August 2021

Realistic Boat Bobbing SE - 25 June 2021

Detailing the Eldrich - 14 March 2021

Enhanced Blood Textures SE - 08 June 2021

Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE - 25 August 2021

Footprints - 16 February 2021

HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit SE - 09 July 2021

Immersive Dragons - 30 May 2021

Improved Sparks - 10 March 2021

Leanwolf's Better-Shaped Weapons SE - 12 May 2021

Rally's Instruments - 17 February 2021

Rens HD Shrines - 01 August 2021

Rustic Reliefs - 15 August 2021

Fixed Dragon Stalking Fix (Re-Upload) - Original mod removed, was reuploaded to: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54625

NPC AI Process Position Fix - SSE - 24 August 2021

Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes - 12 August 2021

Consistent Older People - 5 August. (Moved to AFKMods)

SSE Display Tweaks - 12 June 2021

Weapons Armor Clothing and Clutter Fixes - 13 July 2021

AI Overhaul SSE - 23 July 2021

Unequip Quiver SE - 03 May 2021

Font Overhaul - Natural Typefaces For Skyrim -- Fonts - 05 August 2021 (Note: Now has a FOMOD process for different fonts and styles represented in books/letters)

Viewable Faction Ranks - 06 February 2021 (Only included since the guide does not state whether to download the ESL or non-ESL main file. ESL is assumed from previous guide trends.)

Bring out your Dead - 11 August (Moved to AFKMods)

Hearthfire Extended - 10 August 2021 (Only Hearthfire Extended - Beyond Skyrim-Bruma Patch was updated. May not be relevent.)

Helarchen Creek - August 11 (Moved to AFKMods)

Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods - 15 February 2021

Oakwood - August 11 (Moved to AFKMods)

Oblivion Gates Remade - 04 May 2021

Cathedral Weathers and Seasons - 28 July 2021

Luminosity Lighting Overhaul - The Cathedral Concept - 11 April 2021

Relighting Skyrim - SSE - 13 July 2021

Storm Lightning for SSE and VR (Minty Lightning 2019) - 18 March 2021

Kryptopyr's Patch Hub - 09 August 2021

Step Skyrim Special Edition Guide - 05 August 2021 (Yes, I know. Redundant. But I had to keep with the theme XD)

Edited by Tykune

3 hours ago, Tykune said:

Greetings!

I have recently gone through the entire list of the Skyrim SE Guide: Version 1.0.0 (as I had decided to recently re-mod my Skyrim SE) and wished to provide a list of updated mods below, that are currently out of date as per the guide's release date (Feb 14, 2021) as of this post, along with the update dates. (And some notes to go along with it if there was something noteworthy about it). This is more of an effort to help with perhaps a potential future update for the guide before the newer edition/update hits that may throw a few things out of whack.

Hopefully this is helpful ^^

Thanks for the info. Do note that you can "track" mods on Nexus and they will tell you when they've updated. Users can always install updates to mods between releases of the Guide.

10 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

Thanks for the info. Do note that you can "track" mods on Nexus and they will tell you when they've updated. Users can always install updates to mods between releases of the Guide.

I'll check it out. I don't think I have ever tried tracking mods, but I will give it a try. Thanks for the info :)

Hello,

I have started playing the modded game after completing the guide. After a few hours of gameplay time, I have not encountered any issues yet. I just wanted to say thank you for creating and publishing such a comprenhensive guide to mod the game and enhance the experience of playing it. This has been my very first time with Mod Organizer as my mod manager and this guide has also helped me to get more familiar with this advanced mod manager. In my previous experiences modding the game, the last of which was two years ago, I had used Wrye Bash.

One issue I have encountered towards the end of the guide is that in my experience Dyndolod returned this error at first: "Can not find tree LOD billboards required to create tree LOD. See log or FAQ for more details". Maybe I am wrong, but I think the issue may have to do with the guide linking to Dyndolod 2.96. I read that Texgen only generates tree lod billboards starting from its v3. I am not sure the issue I had was caused by that, but I think it is worth mentioning for you to know. Downloading Indistinguishable Billboards for Skyrim SE and merging this mod with the output of Texgen allowed me to generate the Dynamic Distant Objects LOD.

Once again, thank you very much for this awesome guide.

Edited by Dedalo

38 minutes ago, Dedalo said:

Hello,

I have started playing the modded game after completing the guide. After a few hours of gameplay time, I have not encountered any issues yet. I just wanted to say thank you for creating and publishing such a comprenhensive guide to mod the game and enhance the experience of playing it. This has been my very first time with Mod Organizer as my mod manager and this guide has also helped me to get more familiar with this advanced mod manager. In my previous experiences modding the game, the last of which was two years ago, I had used Wrye Bash.

One issue I have encountered towards the end of the guide is that in my experience Dyndolod returned this error at first: "Can not find tree LOD billboards required to create tree LOD. See log or FAQ for more details". Maybe I am wrong, but I think the issue may have to do with the guide linking to Dyndolod 2.96. I read that Texgen only generates tree lod billboards starting from its v3. I am not sure the issue I had was caused by that, but I think it is worth mentioning for you to know. Downloading Indistinguishable Billboards for Skyrim SE and merging this mod with the output of Texgen allowed me to generate the Dynamic Distant Objects LOD.

Once again, thank you very much for this awesome guide.

Missing Billboards was my bad. The fix is to download the correct version of EVT and regen LOD:

28 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Missing Billboards was my bad. The fix is to download the correct version of EVT and regen LOD:

OK. I will uninstall EVT and Indistinguishable Billboards for Skyrim SE and then will install the recommended version of EVT. After that I will make Dyndolod generate a new batch. I hope it does not matter that I have already started a new game with several saves. Thank you!

Hmm... Now that I think, EVT installed version has a plugin, so I'd better delete my saves and start a new game instead.

Edited by Dedalo

2 hours ago, Dedalo said:

OK. I will uninstall EVT and Indistinguishable Billboards for Skyrim SE and then will install the recommended version of EVT. After that I will make Dyndolod generate a new batch. I hope it does not matter that I have already started a new game with several saves. Thank you!

Hmm... Now that I think, EVT installed version has a plugin, so I'd better delete my saves and start a new game instead.

Most mods with plugins can be installed whenever, and saved games will be fine. Plugins that change lots of other game records all over the place are more likely to cause issues. Usually, this will be noted in our guides and/or on the source mod description. EVT versions can be uninstalled and reinstalled without any issues with save game corruption. Same goes for all tree/plants mods I am aware of and most other mods for that matter.

Coming back to Skyrim after ages away, and am working on downloading the mods. A few notes (apologies if this is the wrong place for any/all of this):

1. In STEP 2, Tool Setup, the instructions make reference to both TES5Edit and xEdit. This confuses idiots like myself. Might I suggest changing it to SSEEdit as this is for Skyrim SE?
  2. STEP 4, Mod List 06-Models & Textures; Realistic Water Two possesses a blue bar on the left in addition to the red and yellow bar. There is absolutely no mention of this in STEP 3 Understanding the Step Patches, nor is there mention in the Mod Table Reference of STEP 4. What do I do for this? Do I need anything other than the CR and L&W Patches for it?
  3. I just noticed, but in STEP 3 Understanding the Step Patches it is mentioned that mods the patches require will be tagged with a green bar on the left side. This green bar does not appear to exist.

16 minutes ago, Legowaffles said:

Coming back to Skyrim after ages away, and am working on downloading the mods. A few notes (apologies if this is the wrong place for any/all of this):

1. In STEP 2, Tool Setup, the instructions make reference to both TES5Edit and xEdit. This confuses idiots like myself. Might I suggest changing it to SSEEdit as this is for Skyrim SE?
  2. STEP 4, Mod List 06-Models & Textures; Realistic Water Two possesses a blue bar on the left in addition to the red and yellow bar. There is absolutely no mention of this in STEP 3 Understanding the Step Patches, nor is there mention in the Mod Table Reference of STEP 4. What do I do for this? Do I need anything other than the CR and L&W Patches for it?
  3. I just noticed, but in STEP 3 Understanding the Step Patches it is mentioned that mods the patches require will be tagged with a green bar on the left side. This green bar does not appear to exist.

Thanks for the feedback ... this helps us to make the guide more understandable.

First question: are you referring to the LE or SE guide? This is the SE guide topic, and it seems like you may be talking about LE (in which case, i will move this post)

• 2 months later...

I decided to follow the updated SE guide, so basically a complete new install. So far everything is clear, except for one thing: Do the LE texture/mesh/animation mods on the list need to be optimized for SE? I couldn't find any mention about that in the guide.

If so, what is the current best way to do this? Cathedral Asset Optimizer?

19 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

I decided to follow the updated SE guide, so basically a complete new install. So far everything is clear, except for one thing: Do the LE texture/mesh/animation mods on the list need to be optimized for SE? I couldn't find any mention about that in the guide.

If so, what is the current best way to do this? Cathedral Asset Optimizer?

If we don't instruct to do so, then there is no need. Many LE replacers can be dropped into SSE without issue. SSE meshes are not compatible with SLE, but SLE meshes are (usually) compatible with SSE.