v1.0.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

40 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I'm in the process of revising this in all guides. It requires a bit of work to make everything clear and cohesive.

Hoy no problem ^-^
Just thought of pointing it out for future interations \o>

Aside from that, i think the whole guide is looking pretty good.

Followed the SE guide and had issued with CTD, did some searching and found the issue is with Oakwood. It now requires the AE update, and since it's a required mod for the CR Patch I'm kind of stuck. I did try removing the patch dependency, but the Step CR Patch is greyed out in xEdit.

Any tips on what to do here?

Sorry if this is not the best place to ask this. Are wine bottles covered in a re-texture within STEP? I thought they would be but I do not seem to have any files in mod organizer. I want to verify if I deleted them or hid them by accident. 

29 minutes ago, Eliian said:

Sorry if this is not the best place to ask this. Are wine bottles covered in a re-texture within STEP? I thought they would be but I do not seem to have any files in mod organizer. I want to verify if I deleted them or hid them by accident. 

Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul

On 12/4/2021 at 4:20 PM, Venusena said:

Followed the SE guide and had issued with CTD, did some searching and found the issue is with Oakwood. It now requires the AE update, and since it's a required mod for the CR Patch I'm kind of stuck. I did try removing the patch dependency, but the Step CR Patch is greyed out in xEdit.

Any tips on what to do here?

Uploaded a new version that makes Oakwood optional.

On 12/6/2021 at 12:29 AM, DoubleYou said:

Uploaded a new version that makes Oakwood optional.

I downloaded that and it won't install, saying "this component is not usable in combination with other installed plugins" for all 4 of the Patch options :/

11 minutes ago, Venusena said:

I downloaded that and it won't install, saying "this component is not usable in combination with other installed plugins" for all 4 of the Patch options :/

MO error message? You mean won't enable in MO? Never heard of this issue.

Anything should download and install from right pane unless the file is corrupted. Re-download if it won't install. Anything can be enabled in MO left pane, regardless of compatibility. MO issues a log warning and LOOT issues a message, but nothing blocks doing it.

I will let DY address this if it is a compatibility issue (although MO has never blocked incompatible plugins for me).

23 minutes ago, z929669 said:

MO error message? You mean won't enable in MO? Never heard of this issue.

Anything should download and install from right pane unless the file is corrupted. Re-download if it won't install. Anything can be enabled in MO left pane, regardless of compatibility. MO issues a log warning and LOOT issues a message, but nothing blocks doing it.

I will let DY address this if it is a compatibility issue (although MO has never blocked incompatible plugins for me).

No no, it just looks like this (see picture), so I can install it but not with the right Patch (the one I want is COP only, since I can't use Oakwood)

Edit: tried re-downloading, same thing happens. MO error message is: [fomodinstallerdialog.cpp:1544] User should select at least one plugin but none are available

Edit again: I actually realised now that there are several error messages displaying at the exact same time, when I first run the installer. (see pic)

HVxvv6l.png

image_2021-12-09_203144.png

Edited by Venusena

15 minutes ago, Venusena said:

No no, it just looks like this (see picture), so I can install it but not with the right Patch (the one I want is COP only, since I can't use Oakwood)

Edit: tried re-downloading, same thing happens. MO error message is: [fomodinstallerdialog.cpp:1544] User should select at least one plugin but none are available

Edit again: I actually realised now that there are several error messages displaying at the exact same time, when I first run the installer. (see pic)

HVxvv6l.png

OK, so there is logic in the FOMOD. You must have a plugin installed (or not) that is flagged. Let's ask @DoubleYou, since he recently updated the patch to use this FOMOD. I am unable to check it right now.

I'm having a weird issue with the Better Container Controls for SkyUI mod where if I download the current 3.1 version, I am unable to use the Shift-E shortcut in the containers menu anymore to equip or use items, but if I download the previous 3.0 version, it works fine for me. Does anyone else have this issue?

10 minutes ago, Alper19 said:

I'm having a weird issue with the Better Container Controls for SkyUI mod where if I download the current 3.1 version, I am unable to use the Shift-E shortcut in the containers menu anymore to equip or use items, but if I download the previous 3.0 version, it works fine for me. Does anyone else have this issue?

Compare the bcc_config_example.txt and or bcc_config.txt files in each mod version and see if one of these changes something with this behavior.

Also from the mod author:

I've now packaged the gamepad controller fixes into the main downloads as version 3.1. There aren't any other changes and if that happens to break something for mouse/keyboard users, version 3.0 is still available.

in short, always read the mods description and relevant posts. I don't think this is guide related.

2 hours ago, Venusena said:

HVxvv6l.png

These are not errors. The fomod is designed to automatically detect the plugins you have installed and activated. It is also designed to not allow you to install it incorrectly, as otherwise you would get missing masters. Apparently, you only have Oakwood.esp active, but you don't have SPTConsistentOlderPeopleSE.esp active.

51 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

These are not errors. The fomod is designed to automatically detect the plugins you have installed and activated. It is also designed to not allow you to install it incorrectly, as otherwise you would get missing masters. Apparently, you only have Oakwood.esp active, but you don't have SPTConsistentOlderPeopleSE.esp active.

111965641_Screenshot2021-12-09141448.thumb.png.c61b9b40f8a72c76200f271bb0496ff3.png1617248690_Screenshot2021-12-09141410.thumb.png.0fe1cd12b29d25724e99a0c04c0f553b.png1318577798_Screenshot2021-12-09141430.thumb.png.d7f78d4881d819ca0ac6165ae19010f8.png

I do believe there might be something wrong with the fomod logic, it is also choosing the incorrect option for me even though I only have consistent older people installed.

12 minutes ago, Alper19 said:

111965641_Screenshot2021-12-09141448.thumb.png.c61b9b40f8a72c76200f271bb0496ff3.png1617248690_Screenshot2021-12-09141410.thumb.png.0fe1cd12b29d25724e99a0c04c0f553b.png1318577798_Screenshot2021-12-09141430.thumb.png.d7f78d4881d819ca0ac6165ae19010f8.png

I do believe there might be something wrong with the fomod logic, it is also choosing the incorrect option for me even though I only have consistent older people installed.

Hmmm... I guess I'll just make it not have the logic. Still learning how to make these, and I probably don't have something quite right.