Aspens Ablaze Add-On - DynDOLOD 3 (by z929669)

z929669

• 1 month later...

My testing showed that this aspen tree LOD if used as 3d LOD can cause upwards of 30fps performance hit. Users can simply create a rule for treeaspen to use Billboards instead for this tree. Remember that order matters, so make sure you have treeaspen above tree, for example. For reference, my DynDOLOD output was about 2gb smaller after making this change.

image.png

Edited by DoubleYou

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Of course, Mindflux decided to update his mod immediately after I uploaded the LOD update ... I have yet to determine if he made plugin changes, model changes or both, so presumably, this mod will not work entirely with AA 2.34.

Sounds like just plugin changes from the file notes. 

53 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Sounds like just plugin changes from the file notes. 

Sounds like it, but if trees are floating, he may have sunk the models into negative z-axis on the affected models. Regardless, I may need to update the plugins, since he still isn't updating tree object bounds for his trees. That will be simpler to update, but it's probably not much work either way.

He asked people to continue reporting issues though, so more changes could come.