Battle-Ready Candlelight Fixes (by ThatSpartacusGuy)

z929669

Discussion topic:

Battle-Ready Candlelight Fixes by ThatSpartacusGuy

Wiki Link

Accepted for SE Guide (> 1.0.0)

This mod does what 1st Person Candlelight Fixes does and also removes the particle glow and adjusts the candle placement, which are both arguably fixes, too.

Need someone to test out in game and provide screens compares against Step default.

I looked through all of the similar mods already, and found that this one is the 'best' in addressing the 1st/3rd person issues (same as 1st Person Candelight Fix) and also removing the horrible aura. Lastly, it repositions the little floating light slightly higher so that it's not right in your FOV.

All-in-all, I think it is an ideal replacement. If you find something as good or better that doesn't go too far with changing things, happy to hear your perspective.

Mainly looking for feedback on whether people agree that this is preferable to 1st Person Candelight Fix.

4 hours ago, z929669 said:

I think the screens you have tell the tale.

I vastly prefer this mod and think it is technically a 'fix' for the gaudy particle aura of the vanilla effect.

Other opinions?

I agree the particle aura of the vanilla effect is really bad and this mod seems to improve it significantly. Downloading and installing. :biggrin:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

ENB removes most of the haze from the glow so it really doesn't seem to be an issue. Users that don't use ENB will still have the benefits of this mod. Users that use ENB with ENB Light won't see much difference besides the bright glow in the middle of the effect is gone with ENB active. That might be our ENB settings, or just the affect ENB is having on the effect.

• 3 weeks later...