Picta Series - Improved Sky Meshes (by TrueDraconis, Kettlewitch, & Odin)

TechAngel85

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shoot... I apparently never downloaded Improved Clouds Mesh so I can't compare the two. All I can say is that it probably is given both are by TrueDraconis. We'll probably want to put Picta Series - Improved Sky Meshes through testing either way given it contains 162 meshes for atmosphere and clouds.

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

I believe this may be the new mod page if someone could verify: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/58263

This is different and also provides many other files.

No conflicts with Step outside of:

image.png

The optional file replaces clouds.nif, but the author has not clearly explained who would need this:

Also install this if you use Cathedral Weathers without an ENB OR an ENB that preserves CW's Horizon Seam Fix.

Is also probably needed for Azurite Weathers.

Cathedral Weathers already has this fix I thought, so this file description makes no sense to me.

51 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

You may be confusing with 'Rudy ENB for Cathedral Weathers'? See this response from the mod's author: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=10710678/#entry101590258

Ahhh, so the author was referencing "Cathedral Weathers" when it should have been "Rudy ENB for Cathedral Weathers" ... Hopefully others will agree that this is a bit unclear.

5 hours ago, z929669 said:

Ahhh, so the author was referencing "Cathedral Weathers" when it should have been "Rudy ENB for Cathedral Weathers" ... Hopefully others will agree that this is a bit unclear.

He was talking about Cathedral Weathers, Rudy ENB has these meshes included.

I'm not sure what he means by "an ENB that preserves CW's Horizon Seam Fix" is there a horizon seam fix option in ENB? and if so maybe he meant it is for people who use Cathedral Weathers horizon seam fix over ENBs?

27 minutes ago, LittleGuy said:

He was talking about Cathedral Weathers, Rudy ENB has these meshes included.

I'm not sure what he means by "an ENB that preserves CW's Horizon Seam Fix" is there a horizon seam fix option in ENB? and if so maybe he meant it is for people who use Cathedral Weathers horizon seam fix over ENBs?

Regarding the Horizon Seam Fix: that is making sure the weather for the ENB doesn't change the color or really mess with cloud layer 28 and fog colors. These are combined in Cathedral Weathers to hide the edge of the world (horizon seam). This just means the ENB needs to be specifically designed for Cathedral Weathers so these things match up with the ENB settings. However, there are some that say they're designed for Cathedral Weathers, but also break the "horizon seam fix". That's probably why it's mentioned.

8 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

Regarding the Horizon Seam Fix: that is making sure the weather for the ENB doesn't change the color or really mess with cloud layer 28 and fog colors. These are combined in Cathedral Weathers to hide the edge of the world (horizon seam). This just means the ENB needs to be specifically designed for Cathedral Weathers so these things match up with the ENB settings. However, there are some that say they're designed for Cathedral Weathers, but also break the "horizon seam fix". That's probably why it's mentioned.

It's still completely unclear to me. Step has CW, so the horizon seam fix is in place. This mod option states in the file description:

Also install this if you use Cathedral Weathers without an ENB OR an ENB that preserves CW's Horizon Seam Fix.

... which is presumptuous and therefore unclear. The author assumes that if either of the above conditions is true, then we should install this file Instead of simply stating what this file does  (how it modifies the main file) so that we can decide. It only replaces clouds.nif, so easy enough to check in game, but it is unclear if we should be using it.