Sign in to follow this  
TechAngel85

RUSTIC DRAGONS - Special Edition (by Gamwich)

Compare of formID: 000FEA9B Alduin: Bellyache's (current STEP) > Rustic Dragons (RD)

Q5gcrf4j_o.png fVlIWNip_o.png Kdj0s6kC_o.png UrXkCB9e_o.png

Both are nice, RD is more muted in color, which I think is more compatible with the game. I couldn't see any difference at all between the 8k/4k versions in-game at this distance. I'm sure there would be a noticeable improvement very close up though.

Another consideration is that Bellyache's includes customized meshes and several other texture assets, whereas RD does not. RD is also not complete yet, so there may be more coming. In the end, it may be the better option, but for now I'd say to wait until it's complete or use it as an extension to (override) Bellyache's where they conflict.

Compare of Alduin: Bellyache's (current STEP) > Rustic Dragons (RD)

Q5gcrf4j_o.png fVlIWNip_o.png Kdj0s6kC_o.png UrXkCB9e_o.png

Both are nice, RD is more muted in color, which I think is more compatible with the game. I couldn't see any difference at all between the 8k/4k versions in-game at this distance. I'm sure there would be a noticeable improvement very close up though.

Another consideration is that Bellyache's includes customized meshes and several other texture assets, whereas RD does not. RD is also not complete yet, so there may be more coming. In the end, it may be the better option, but for now I'd say to wait until it's complete or use it as an extension to (override) Bellyache's where they conflict.

I like the Rustic so i am keeping both mods and leting RD overwrite.

I agree with with both, although this is Paarthurnax or another dragon, not Alduin. Alduin is black.  ::P:

Rustic is more muted, as Z mentioned, and looks like it fits the environment/lighting better. My eyes can see the extra texture clearity from the RS compare, even on smaller highslide thumbnails. Bellyaches looks a bit more blurred, though this could just be the movement and timing of capture.

I agree with with both, although this is Paarthurnax or another dragon, not Alduin. Alduin is black.  ::P:

Corrected ... Yeah, believe it or not, I've never made it through the whole campaign even after hundreds of play hours over the years ... always get caught up in modding and improvements, and I resist completing the main quests in RPGs to extend the play time. When I finish the main quest, all else loses its luster.

I prefer the more muted tones of Rustic myself. I never really noticed how much bellyaches stick out until I switched.

Not that I don't tend to avoid dragon fights at this point :unsure: