Cathedral Weathers and Seasons (by The Community)

TechAngel85

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there a way to make nights a little less dark? (I already used the brighter setting in the Nocturnal tab of the MCM menu).

Or maybe a good alternative to Cathedral Weathers?

There's a reason most open world games don't go H.A.M on exterior settings, makes the game less fun to explore for a lot of people.

ScreenShot1.thumb.png.51bbe4ffc4e83159750bda1db164cd57.png

Just a bit too dark IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

This mod includes its own plugin INI file (Cathedral Weathers.ini) that's supposed to override the game configuration. The unofficial update also includes a larger version of that INI. Some of the settings are questionable at best and look geared towards ENB usage, some are downright invalid at worst (grasswindmultiplier???). Thankfully most, or all of them, are ineffective as far as I can tell by checking them in the console, because they don't satisfy the Plugin INI conditions.

I'm trashing it (the plugin INI, not the mod :wink:) just to be safe. I don't like stealthy undocumented configuration changes and I'm wondering what the mod and update authors had in mind with these INIs since they clearly can't work.

Edited by Mousetick

1 hour ago, Mousetick said:

This mod includes its own plugin INI file (Cathedral Weathers.ini) that's supposed to override the game configuration. The unofficial update also includes a larger version of that INI. Some of the settings are questionable at best and look geared towards ENB usage, some are downright invalid at worst (grasswindmultiplier???). Thankfully most, or all of them, are ineffective as far as I can tell by checking them in the console, because they don't satisfy the Plugin INI conditions.

I'm trashing it (the plugin INI, not the mod :wink:) just to be safe. I don't like stealthy undocumented configuration changes and I'm wondering what the mod and update authors had in mind with these INIs since they clearly can't work.

We don't use the 'Unofficial' file, but I defer to @DoubleYou and @TechAngel85 on these INIs and their potential impact on our setup, since we aren't accounting for it. I haven't tested the CW INI impact myself, but perhaps they have.

35 minutes ago, z929669 said:

We don't use the 'Unofficial' file, but I defer to @DoubleYou and @TechAngel85 on these INIs and their potential impact on our setup, since we aren't accounting for it. I haven't tested the CW INI impact myself, but perhaps they have.

We do use the update file, but if they don't work they don't work and no harm.

12 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

We do use the update file, but if they don't work they don't work and no harm.

We don't use the update file in the production guide though (nobody should be following the dev guide, remember).

12 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

I may have misunderstood but the instructions in the wiki (for 2.0.0) refer to the 'Update File', and on the download page on Nexus, there is only one update file: the 'Cathedral Weathers Unofficial Update'.

This is why we say "update file". This way, if the name changes, it's still relevant. Nexus file names change more often than their org.

The INI file is mostly useless, except for these lines:

[Display]
bShadowsOnGrass=1
fIBLFAnamorphicsIntensity=0.0
fIBLFAnamorphicsIntensityFar=0.0

Basically all it is doing is making bIBLFEnable do nothing if it is enabled. Most agree that it should be disabled, including our instructions. bShadowsOnGrass is already 1 by default, so that really doesn't need to be there. The rest of the settings either cannot be set in a plugin INI (bSAOEnable, bIBLFEnable, bVolumetricLightingEnable, bScreenSpaceReflectionEnabled, bTreesReceiveShadows, bDrawLandShadows, bUse64bitsHDRRenderTarget, bUsePrecipitationOcclusion, fGamma, bDoDepthOfField, bLensFlare, iMaxDesired), are misspelled (grasswindmultiplier should be fWindGrassMultiplier), or in the wrong section (sIntroSequence needs to be in the [General] section in order to do anything).

None of these settings should really need to be set by a weather mod, but thankfully, in its current state, it does no harm.

• 4 weeks later...

But the v2.0 (yes i know its not being 'supported - im doing a Version 1.5 mix of these two guides for testing) still has it included as usable, as does the page itself regardless of which version one is following....so what should we do here does people think? Does it require some SSEEdit work?

15 minutes ago, NuroDragonfly said:

But the v2.0 (yes i know its not being 'supported - im doing a Version 1.5 mix of these two guides for testing) still has it included as usable, as does the page itself regardless of which version one is following....so what should we do here does people think? Does it require some SSEEdit work?

What is 'it'? This mod works fine and it's INI configs are overridden anyway. If you don't want to use this mod, then you would want to not use any mods in Lighting & Weather or Post-Processing. This is a great mod, but it's just that its INI settings are redundant.