Cathedral Weathers and Seasons (by The Community)

TechAngel85

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 3:48 AM, kabepo said:

"Cathedral Weathers and Seasons" and "Luminosity Lighting Overhaul" both performed poorly in a sneak detection test by the author of "Realistic AI Detection".

See here for the details:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/gv7ree/nearly_every_weather_and_lighting_mod_tested_for/

I remember in the time (2016) when that new "Sneak AI Detection" came to public in nexus. despite the mathematical curves in display trying to sell the mod, I wasn't convinced by the feature of that mod. So I had a little chat with the mod author who was claiming the Realistic Lighting Overhaul was a hard darker mod. 

I wasn't convinced because playing as stealth character was my all times go to from the first day of release of Skyrim in 2011. I don't remember having played as Mage or Warrior in almost 9 years. And I know every lighting and weather mod and how it works with stealth mode.

"Realistic AI Detection" in my book is a medium hardening stealth modification and it improve a little bit vanilla stealth detection.

In the time there were some flaws in the mod and I dont if the mod author progressed in his work in the latest years.

Important news to know:

With the new mod "Dynamic Volumetric Lighting and Sun Shadows" users of Cathedral Weather don't need a darker night mod.

The mod make the nights darkers and play in subtile way with shadows during all phase of the day.

Edited by gamingsrc

• 2 months later...

Instructions modified. The Update File/plugin is really only necessary for those using ENB, since the tweaks provided by Rudy are explicitly made for enabling Godrays and other enhancements specific to ENB users, even though the file and mod descriptions don't mention this. It's mentioned in his CW ENB mod thread but was never officially communicated it seems.

It doesn't hurt to merge this file without ENB, but it probably isn't ideal.

• 3 months later...
55 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

The recent update fixed the 1Cathedral_Dim_Fire imagespace bug that we have been fixing in the Step Patches, so that can be removed now.

Removed and will be available in the DEV patches shortly. We can leave it in the current patch with no harm done.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

What is recommended for non ENB users for the Interior Vision setting?

The guide states: "If the 18-Lighting and Weather ModGroup was installed, it is user preference on whether or not to set Interior Vision to Darker. The Step ENB was designed for Normal."

I thought this was a Weather Mod anyway? Or is it Weather & Lighting?

6 hours ago, MightyCrow said:

What is recommended for non ENB users for the Interior Vision setting?

The guide states: "If the 18-Lighting and Weather ModGroup was installed, it is user preference on whether or not to set Interior Vision to Darker. The Step ENB was designed for Normal."

I thought this was a Weather Mod anyway? Or is it Weather & Lighting?

Weather mods touch lighting in general, and CW impacts interior lighting, since it can be tweaked in the MCM.

We have no recommendation for Interior Vision other than suggesting to try 'normal', because everybody's tastes and experience vary so widely. Your video card, driver software, and monitor all impact the end result.