Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Discussion topic:
Blended Roads by T4gtr34um3r
Wiki Link


The plugin is redundant with Cathedral Landscapes.esp, so move Blended Roads.esp to Optional ESPs.

Blended Roads option:

Cathedral Landscapes --> Blended Roads

br - cl nomral.jpg br - normal.jpg

CL - BR - Normal.jpgcc - br - br.jpg 


REALly Blended Roads option:

Cathedral Landscapes --> Blended Roads 

br - cl really.jpg br - really.jpg

CL - BR - Really.jpgcc - br - really br.jpg 

Bridge issue fixed in Blended Roads v1.7

cc - br - bridge issue.jpg cc - br - bridge issue fixed.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated OP. I vote to accept for 2.0.0 since it includes updates/fixes not included in Cathedral Landscapes.

FYI, I checked out Blended Roads Redone, and it is waaaaay too dark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, z929669 said:

I also merged medieval bridges, but not sure about that one.

I didn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2021 at 11:19 PM, z929669 said:

I also merged medieval bridges, but not sure about that one.

Nope. Different style vs vanilla so that would likely break mandate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to second vote to add this one back in.

I think we're all in agreement so marking this once back as accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

I'm going to second vote to add this one back in.

I think we're all in agreement so marking this once back as accepted.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

I'm going to second vote to add this one back in.

I think we're all in agreement so marking this once back as accepted.

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you treat Blended Roads as a patch or update to Cathedral Landscapes rather than a standalone mod, and install it right after Cathedral Landscapes in Foundation, there is no need to hide Meshes\architecture\solitude\sbridge01.nif as that gets overwritten later by mesh fixes. IMHO such arrangement makes sense (Blended Roads being included in Cathedral Landscapes, it's essentially part of Foundation) and is simpler.

Edited by Mousetick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

If you treat Blended Roads as a patch or update to Cathedral Landscapes rather than a standalone mod, and install it right after Cathedral Landscapes in Foundation, there is no need to hide Meshes\architecture\solitude\sbridge01.nif as that gets overwritten later by mesh fixes. IMHO such arrangement makes sense (Blended Roads being included in Cathedral Landscapes, it's essentially part of Foundation) and is simpler.

This makes sense to me, but hiding a single file is pretty simple as well ... one less to-do though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, z929669 said:

This makes sense to me, but hiding a single file is pretty simple as well ... one less to-do though.

Looking at the latest WIP guide I realize my suggestion wouldn't work anyway. To minimize the amount of hiding, I follow the order suggested by 'Mesh Patch for Various Mods' and I treat 'Skyrim: A Mountainous Experience' as a patch/update add-on to Majestic Mountains (the latter is a 'hard' requirement for the former) rather than a standalone mod:

  • SMIM
  • SRO
  • MM (STEP puts it below mesh fixes)
  • Skyrim - A Mountainous Experience (STEP puts it in M&T modgroup - no hiding necessary when placed here)
  • Cathedral Landscapes (STEP puts it below mesh fixes)
  • Blended Roads (STEP puts it in M&T modgroup - no hiding necessary when placed here)
  • ELFX
  • ELFX Fixes
  • SMIM Quality Addon
  • Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes (STEP puts it in Fixes modgroup - almost no hiding necessary when placed here)
  • Other mesh fixes and improvements + "cumulative patches" from 'Mesh Patch for Various Mods'

As a rule of thumb, I find it easier to manage patches/fixes/updates when placed directly next to the mod(s) they're designed for, without regards for Nexus' categorization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2021 at 11:43 PM, Mousetick said:

Looking at the latest WIP guide I realize my suggestion wouldn't work anyway. To minimize the amount of hiding, I follow the order suggested by 'Mesh Patch for Various Mods' and I treat 'Skyrim: A Mountainous Experience' as a patch/update add-on to Majestic Mountains (the latter is a 'hard' requirement for the former) rather than a standalone mod:

  • SMIM
  • SRO
  • MM (STEP puts it below mesh fixes)
  • Skyrim - A Mountainous Experience (STEP puts it in M&T modgroup - no hiding necessary when placed here)
  • Cathedral Landscapes (STEP puts it below mesh fixes)
  • Blended Roads (STEP puts it in M&T modgroup - no hiding necessary when placed here)
  • ELFX
  • ELFX Fixes
  • SMIM Quality Addon
  • Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes (STEP puts it in Fixes modgroup - almost no hiding necessary when placed here)
  • Other mesh fixes and improvements + "cumulative patches" from 'Mesh Patch for Various Mods'

As a rule of thumb, I find it easier to manage patches/fixes/updates when placed directly next to the mod(s) they're designed for, without regards for Nexus' categorization.

This mod prioritization works fine and probably does reduce the need to hide files in some cases. Nevertheless, we try to keep the Foundation ModGroup limited to larger overhauls with many assets that should generally be overridden by other mods. This way, this ModGroup remains limited in size and relatively consistent.

Hiding files only takes a few seconds and is now standardized in Mod Recommendations.

That said, I'd support some arrangement limiting the need to hide files but the other admins will need to also express support without any objections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By CorneliusC
      Starting a list for all the mods in the current STEP guide, which are in need to be updated (or already are) to work with the current game version 1.6.640. I'm listing only relevant mods in each category (please correct me if i missed anything).
      For a more comprehensive view on SKSE dependencies please see https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins
       
       
    • By mooit
      Hi,
      I'm using DynDOLOD Alpha99...
      In the past I was able to get my distance grass colors more balanced, looking similar, now the farthest distance out is a greener color, then the rest of the grass.
      Here's a screen shot of the grass I am referring to with red boxes around it, that appears greener than the rest...
      Green Grass — Freeimage.host
      I'm using Complex Grass... 
      To balance the colors, is this just playing around the TexGen Direct/Ambient?
      In DynDOLOD I've tried default settings and these settings for the complex grass.
      ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 ; make bottom darker to fake shadowing ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 THANKS
    • By TechAngel85
      Discussion topic:
      Particle Patch for ENB by mindflux
      Wiki Link
       
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.