DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Hello there,

It seems that ever since 2.38 (can't tell for 2.37) the game seems to crash rather often when leaving an interior cell to a worldspace. When leaving an interior cell the game ctd's during the loading screen. I never had the issue on 2.36 and even upgrading to 2.39 makes no difference. I got a link to a db map with the logs from dyndolod and texgen.

Dropbox

I personally don't think anything went wrong during the process (even though there were some missing meshes for tree lods). Considering that dyndolod deactivates when you enter an interior cell and reactivates when entering a worldspace makes me believe that there is some issue with this process.

The never crash happens when I load a save from withing a interior cell and leave to a worldspace.

Hope this is usefull in any way. 

please someone help! i have a huge cow in the middle of whiterun! i mean huge! like the size of a city please someone help im so stuck right now in my build till i can figure this out! much thanks 

During the instalation of dyndolod resources you must have selected the holy cow option. To remove the cow simply reïnstall the resources and do not select holy cow. After that rerun dyndolod so that any reference to the cow is gone.

Hello there,

It seems that ever since 2.38 (can't tell for 2.37) the game seems to crash rather often when leaving an interior cell to a worldspace. When leaving an interior cell the game ctd's during the loading screen. I never had the issue on 2.36 and even upgrading to 2.39 makes no difference. I got a link to a db map with the logs from dyndolod and texgen.

Dropbox

I personally don't think anything went wrong during the process (even though there were some missing meshes for tree lods). Considering that dyndolod deactivates when you enter an interior cell and reactivates when entering a worldspace makes me believe that there is some issue with this process.

The never crash happens when I load a save from withing a interior cell and leave to a worldspace.

Hope this is usefull in any way.

Usually, invalid nifs or data from plugins being used in DynDOLOD causing CTD is 100% reproducible. The first steps of troubleshooting would be of to disable the plugins (ESP first to narrow down). Then hide the meshes folder.

Typically any such CTD happens when traveling to exterior worldspaces and LOD is enabled. It less likely that disabling LOD when leaving exterior worldspaces causes any problems. There was never such a case in the past years.

please someone help! i have a huge cow in the middle of whiterun! i mean huge! like the size of a city please someone help im so stuck right now in my build till i can figure this out! much thanks

Thank you for installing the optional holy cow for worshiping. If you are done with all the worshipping simply disable holycow.esp

Edited by sheson

Now I got something to do for my weekend with a load order of 200 esp (more than 300 if merged plugins are not included (use sse engine fixes that fixes the phantom save corruption)). I will try to figure out which esp it is and hopefully fix the issue.

Hello! I'm running into a small issue which I've only noticed on the Western Watchtower and have recreated on two computers. It's kinda driving me a little nuts. Here's a blown-up image which hopefully illustrates the problem: imgur

It looks like either the windowframe is clipping through the banner, or the original darker non-moving banner is still somehow visible from a distance and shows up as a rectangular object on the lighter-colored banner that the USSEP places there. This happens in my primary mod setup with around 180 plugins, but I was able to recreate it using just DynDOLOD (w/ requirements) and the USSEP.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this something fixable or am I only noticing it now and it's a permanent problem?

I'm not sure how helpful they are, but here are my logs from the setup with just DynDOLOD and USSEPdropbox

managed to solve the problem I had. Removing a lot of mods from the load-order (and all the meshes that were accociated with them). I have been running from interior to exterior several times and it works without any problems.

So thanks for the advice.

Hello! I'm running into a small issue which I've only noticed on the Western Watchtower and have recreated on two computers. It's kinda driving me a little nuts. Here's a blown-up image which hopefully illustrates the problem: imgur

It looks like either the windowframe is clipping through the banner, or the original darker non-moving banner is still somehow visible from a distance and shows up as a rectangular object on the lighter-colored banner that the USSEP places there. This happens in my primary mod setup with around 180 plugins, but I was able to recreate it using just DynDOLOD (w/ requirements) and the USSEP.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this something fixable or am I only noticing it now and it's a permanent problem?

I'm not sure how helpful they are, but here are my logs from the setup with just DynDOLOD and USSEPdropbox

This is related to decal fading. The moss of the full model has the decal flag set, which gives it z priority over other things when further away. That is done so it doesn't z-fight with the texture of the wall of the tower.

Unfortunately that also results in the wierdness with the banner. This problem is pronounced by the fact that the tower is a large reference and now possibly loads further away than the "normal" 2 to 3 cells. Yes Skyrim SE engine makes some things worse as I keep mentioning.

So you could try to lower the large reference distance so the full model is loaded later or set the banner (not a large reference) to not have LOD either. To make the banner not have LOD. Remove the mesh rule for skyrim.esm;000eb82e near the bottom of the advanced window.

This is related to decal fading. The moss of the full model has the decal flag set, which gives it z priority over other things when further away. That is done so it doesn't z-fight with the texture of the wall of the tower.

Unfortunately that also results in the wierdness with the banner. This problem is pronounced by the fact that the tower is a large reference and now possibly loads further away than the "normal" 2 to 3 cells. Yes Skyrim SE engine makes some things worse as I keep mentioning.

So you could try to lower the large reference distance so the full model is loaded later or set the banner (not a large reference) to not have LOD either. To make the banner not have LOD. Remove the mesh rule for skyrim.esm;000eb82e near the bottom of the advanced window.

Aha! Thank you so much, now I will give this advice a shot and see what I can accept. It's funny because the problem isn't noticeable with the Imperial Legion banner because of the darker color, but the USSEP replacing it casts a light on this problem. Thanks a lot for your help. :)

Hi,

I upgraded Dyndolod from 2.36 to 2.39 and Dyndolod Resources from 2.36 to 2.38 and my Dyndolod output shrinked from ~950mb zipped to ~770mb zipped with the same options. Is that normal or did something went wrong?

This depends also on the mods in the load order. For the vanilla game it should be more or less the same.

This depends also on the mods in the load order. For the vanilla game it should be more or less the same.

But shouldn't be the DynDOLOD generation on the same load order output the same size between the DynDOLOD versions? I only updated DynDOLOD Resources and the exe and didn't touch my other mods. Still the output was smaller.

Edited by Ihtien

But shouldn't be the DynDOLOD generation on the same load order output the same size between the DynDOLOD versions? I only updated DynDOLOD Resources and the exe and didn't touch my other mods. Still the output was smaller.

That depends on the mods in the load order and if there were updates for them.

Edited by sheson

Hi, Sorry for my bad English. I've a problem. 

I can see some "big yellow grass" far away. But when I go near to them. They don't disappear. So I can see those big-tall-ugly-cross-yellow-grass clearly in a short distance. I think they should be removed when I'm close enough to them.

Edited by Elzee

Hi, Sorry for my bad English. I've a problem. 

I can see some "big yellow grass" far away. But when I go near to them. They don't disappear. So I can see those big-tall-ugly-cross-yellow-grass clearly in a short distance. I think they should be removed when I'm close enough to them.

Sounds you have billoards installed for bushes. Probably from SFO. Generate tree LOD for the current load order if such tree LOD is wrong. If you do not want LOD for certain trees (or bushes) at all, do not install billboards for them when generating tree LOD.

The log lists in detail for which trees and bushes it found billboards and for which it didn't.