DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

I'm now generating lods... it will takes a long time so I can't give you the log files right now.

I've checked the esp. there're just a few records without error. 

I double checked. The plugin Undriel_FallingGildergreenPetals.esp is invalid as it has Form IDs https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/5079-plugin-files-and-you-esmeslesp/

When you load it in xEdit it will have a warning messages:

[00:06] Background Loader:
[00:06] Background Loader:

xEdit will allow loading and fixing of the FormID. DynDOLOD is supposed to stop with the error message, but it seems I messed that up. So it will be fixed in the next version.

I've attached the bugreport.txt for the error. I am not sure if it has anything to do with Antivirus because I don't use one except Windows Defender. I tried turning off Windows Defender and trying it out that way but I still got the same error. Also when it did work, it worked while Windows Defender was turned on, so I don't think that is the issue.

Edit: I do also have Malwarebytes installed but it's the free version so no real time protection, but I'll give it a try without that.

bugreport.txt

Edited by Jailhouseblues

I double checked. The plugin Undriel_FallingGildergreenPetals.esp is invalid as it has Form IDs < 800. See https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/5079-plugin-files-and-you-esmeslesp/

When you load it in xEdit it will have a warning messages:

[00:06] Background Loader: <Error: [LAND:FE00002C] has invalid ObjectID 00302C for a light module. You will not be able to save this file with ESL flag active.>
[00:06] Background Loader: <Error: [LAND:FE00006B] has invalid ObjectID 00306B for a light module. You will not be able to save this file with ESL flag active.>

xEdit will allow loading and fixing of the FormID. DynDOLOD is supposed to stop with the error message, but it seems I messed that up. So it will be fixed in the next version.

Oh, I'm sorry I missed that error message. This is not a bug of DynDOLOD.

I've attached the bugreport.txt for the error. I am not sure if it has anything to do with Antivirus because I don't use one except Windows Defender. I tried turning off Windows Defender and trying it out that way but I still got the same error. Also when it did work, it worked while Windows Defender was turned on, so I don't think that is the issue.

Edit: I do also have Malwarebytes installed but it's the free version so no real time protection, but I'll give it a try without that.

Please post entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_log.txt

Please post entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_log.txt

Whoops sorry I forgot about that second file. However for some reason I didn't get the error this time around. It's strange because I couldn't reproduce it. It seems to be random. I will post BOTH files this time if I get the error again.

If you read the update post / change log as suggest you should know that starting with 2.48 the textures are now using the BC7 compression. I suppose you might need to update some programs/plugin in order to open them. With the right programs (the texconv command line utility included in DynDOLOD for example) you can also convert existing textures.

You can switch back told former BC1/BC3 compressions by opening ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and setting

StaticLODDiffuseFormat=200
StaticLODNormalFormat=200
TreeLODDiffuseFormat=202
TreeLODNormalFormat=200

That should not affect the alpha of LOD textures including the ones use by 3D LOD one way or the other. But this way you would be able to check the textures without needing to update your tools.

Which RAT mod and which 3D LOD trees are you using? I seem to have no issues with Realistic Aspen Trees SE and the 3D LOD meshes and ..textures\lod\rat\*.dds included in DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.45.

This might be problem of the resource textures used for the trees. LOD textures being transparent usually means they were not adjusted for the hard coded alpha threshold of 128.

So the first step would to check the log to identify the LOD models NIFs used for these trees and the textures they are referencing.

The 3D tree LOD report of interest should start be from the line having TreeAspen01 [TREE:0006A9E6] meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen01.nif and following

Also check the log also check for errors or warnings.

Hi again. Im not near my pc to test again but i had this problem using RAT from Enhanced vanilla trees in Oldrim (amd the billboard generator that comes with it).

I just convert the esp otherwise the mod is kept as it is.

I tried the large trees option if that affects somehow the RAT textures. I tried different options for the billboard as well ,if that matters and they all had the bug which only appeared some version after 2.47.

Lastly i tried the optional aspen oak replacer .esp which replaces the aspens with oaks and the new trees had perfect 3d lod..Generally every other tree is fine too! Its only the RAT from oldrim EVT that gives that issue for me that ive tried so far.

Edited by Avead

Hi again. Im not near my pc to test again but i had this problem using RAT from Enhanced vanilla trees in Oldrim (amd the billboard generator that comes with it).

I just convert the esp otherwise the mod is kept as it is.

I tried the large trees option if that affects somehow the RAT textures. I tried different options for the billboard as well ,if that matters and they all had the bug which only appeared some version after 2.47.

Lastly i tried the optional aspen oak replacer .esp which replaces the aspens with oaks and the new trees had perfect 3d lod..Generally every other tree is fine too! Its only the RAT from oldrim EVT that gives that issue for me that ive tried so far.

Check in the log which 3D tree LOD NIFs are used for the aspens.

It is possible it using the full models because matching 3D tree LODs are not found, the log should mention that and the NIF file name not having passthru and lod in its name would give that away, too.

Make sure it uses specially prepared 3D tree LOD models.

If it using 3D LOD models check with Nifskope which textures they use for the leafs.

Probably textures\lod\treeaspenbranchcomplod0[1|2|3|4].dds from the billboard generator.

You could try to overwrite them with Textures\lod\rat\treeaspenbranchcomp0[1|2|3|4]lod.dds from DynDOLOD Resources and then create LOD again (or just click Create Atlas, then click Execute LODGen in expert mode).

Hi Sheson, should DynDOLOD have trouble processing multiple mods that override the previous ones' textures? I use a sequence of texture overrides, something like performance textures > Skyrim Realistic Overhaul > Noble Skyrim > Vivid Landscapes > Luxor's HD Landscape Overhaul > MysteriousDawn's HD Skyrim and mix in there SMIM, High Poly Project and a bunch of smaller and more specific texture replacers. I don't hide assets unless I want a previously loading mod to win, so if, for example, I'm running one of mysteriousdawn's textures, all the previous files for the same textures will still be in their mod folders, not hidden.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm getting a lot of "flashing textures", mostly far-off to mid distance (but I've seen some flashing on the ground right before my character, too, so I'm not saying this has to be DynDOLOD related). The near flashing seemed to be two different textures "fighting" for the same mesh, or two exactly overlapping meshes fighting in the same place. That could happen, I suppose, but I've seen this too often in different places for it to be all dirty edits, and that's why I'm asking if it would be possible that the "competing mesh" were DynDOLOD's... unless another dynamic patcher like wrye bash or mator's smash were renumbering overrides (making them different copies of the same object in the same position instead of overriding). In either case, is there a "best practice" where these successive texture overriding mods are considered? Should there be a limit to what you can ask MO2 to manage in this way? I did ask the devs and they said it shouldn't be a problem with the VFS, but that the game itself could cause it. Don't know why or how.

Hi Sheson, should DynDOLOD have trouble processing multiple mods that override the previous ones' textures? I use a sequence of texture overrides, something like performance textures > Skyrim Realistic Overhaul > Noble Skyrim > Vivid Landscapes > Luxor's HD Landscape Overhaul > MysteriousDawn's HD Skyrim and mix in there SMIM, High Poly Project and a bunch of smaller and more specific texture replacers. I don't hide assets unless I want a previously loading mod to win, so if, for example, I'm running one of mysteriousdawn's textures, all the previous files for the same textures will still be in their mod folders, not hidden.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm getting a lot of "flashing textures", mostly far-off to mid distance (but I've seen some flashing on the ground right before my character, too, so I'm not saying this has to be DynDOLOD related). The near flashing seemed to be two different textures "fighting" for the same mesh, or two exactly overlapping meshes fighting in the same place. That could happen, I suppose, but I've seen this too often in different places for it to be all dirty edits, and that's why I'm asking if it would be possible that the "competing mesh" were DynDOLOD's... unless another dynamic patcher like wrye bash or mator's smash were renumbering overrides (making them different copies of the same object in the same position instead of overriding). In either case, is there a "best practice" where these successive texture overriding mods are considered? Should there be a limit to what you can ask MO2 to manage in this way? I did ask the devs and they said it shouldn't be a problem with the VFS, but that the game itself could cause it. Don't know why or how.

File overwrites are final. The last loaded asset - meshes or texture - with the same path and filename wins and is used. Flashing of two textures does not happen because the texture is overwritten but because two models with different textures occupy the same 3D space. If it is in the LOD area (toggle on off with tll in consonle) it is most likely large reference bugs. If it is in loaded cells it typically 2 objects loaded at the same time, easily checked by clicking in console and checking form id, and using console command disable, then click again to get a different form id. Objects with enable parent can not be disabled, though.

I use Mod Organizer 2, if that's important. I'm also getting an access denied error with DynDOLOD. TexGen appears to work fine. I've attached a bugreport log. I can't attach the DynDOLOD_SSE log because it's too large (at 2.7MB) but I think I got the relevant bit here.

[00:09:35.882] Creating atlas textures M:\Programs\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Atlas_DLC01FalmerValley.dds from 58 textures
[00:09:39.334] Error: System Error.  Code: 5.
Access is denied
[00:09:39.339] 
[00:09:39.339] Exception in unit userscript line 331: One or more errors occurred
[00:09:39.339] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.
[00:09:39.339] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/
[00:09:39.339] Error: One or more errors occurred

Edit: I noticed that bug either doesn't happen (or is avoided) if I only select Tamriel, perhaps only one world in general.

bugreport.txt

Edited by ProbablyHere

Element := IInterface(ESPFile.ContainedRecordByLoadOrderFormID[TwbFormID.FromCardinal((ESPFile.LoadOrderFileID.FullSlot shl 24) + 2320), False]);

I use Mod Organizer 2, if that's important. I'm also getting an access denied error with DynDOLOD. TexGen appears to work fine. I've attached a bugreport log. I can't attach the DynDOLOD_SSE log because it's too large (at 2.7MB) but I think I got the relevant bit here.

[00:09:35.882] Creating atlas textures M:\Programs\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Atlas_DLC01FalmerValley.dds from 58 textures
[00:09:39.334] Error: System Error.  Code: 5.
Access is denied
[00:09:39.339] Exception in unit userscript line 331: One or more errors occurred
[00:09:39.339] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.
[00:09:39.339] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/
[00:09:39.339] Error: One or more errors occurred
Edit: I noticed that bug either doesn't happen (or is avoided) if I only select Tamriel, perhaps only one world in general.

I will just repeat the same answers I have been giving in the past days:

There really is not much I can do much about the OS or antivirus preventing access to files. Set the right permissions, unblock files, run as administrator...

If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum ...

Trim big files down to the entire last generation with the error. Use pastebin or a file service if it can not be attached.

Someone ought to check and report what the Windows Event log is saying. Maybe then we will figure it out.

Edited by sheson

I will just repeat the same answers I have been giving in the past days:

There really is not much I can do much about the OS or antivirus preventing access to files. Set the right permissions, unblock files, run as administrator...

If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum ...

Trim big files down to the entire last generation with the error. Use pastebin or a file service if it can not be attached.

Someone ought to check and report what the Windows Event log is saying. Maybe then we will figure it out.

I did check the event viewer, and even saw the report thing come up, but when I went and looked I couldn't find it. I'll try seeing if I can get the error to happen again and report back with an event log info and the SSE log file. I was running as admin this time, forgot to mention. Apologies.

Edited by ProbablyHere

I did check the event viewer, and even saw the report thing come up, but when I went and looked I couldn't find it. I'll try seeing if I can get the error to happen again and report back with an event log info and the SSE log file. I was running as admin this time, forgot to mention. Apologies.

I keep thinking it might be some overzealous antivir, because there also have been occasional reports of files being flagged for some people. Even with the same software I have running, which never says a beep. From the thorough tests that Nexus does for every upload, we can deduct they are single false positives. All very odd.

I keep thinking it might be some overzealous antivir, because there also have been occasional reports of files being flagged for some people. Even with the same software I have running, which never says a beep. From the thorough tests that Nexus does for every upload, we can deduct they are single false positives. All very odd.

Unfortunately I can't seem to trigger the error now. I generated LOD multiple times, with one world selected, a few of them, and all of them. Every one was successful and (seems) to work in game. Figures, you can go looking for an error and actively try to cause it, but get nothing. If it crops up again I'll post everything with all the correct log files and event viewer info.

Check in the log which 3D tree LOD NIFs are used for the aspens.

It is possible it using the full models because matching 3D tree LODs are not found, the log should mention that and the NIF file name not having passthru and lod in its name would give that away, too.

Make sure it uses specially prepared 3D tree LOD models.

If it using 3D LOD models check with Nifskope which textures they use for the leafs.

Probably textures\lod\treeaspenbranchcomplod0[1|2|3|4].dds from the billboard generator.

You could try to overwrite them with Textures\lod\rat\treeaspenbranchcomp0[1|2|3|4]lod.dds from DynDOLOD Resources and then create LOD again (or just click Create Atlas, then click Execute LODGen in expert mode).

So that is weird .. I rerun dyndolod with the changes to go back to BC1/BC3 compressions  and now i see the Tamriel_Atlas and it has no trees in it ,no branches trunks or anything and apparently the .bto nif paths are pointing to 

textures\lod\treeaspenbranchcomplod0[1|2|3|4].dds directly. 

That means that if i disable the evt billboards i get PUPRLE BRANCHES for the aspens 3d lods !! Which also means i can replace the textures like you say without rerunning dyndolod which actually worked! 

So to sum it up I directly replaced the branch textures in billboards from those in textures\lod\rat in dyndolod resources (had to also rename them from treeaspenbranchcomp01lod.dds  to treeaspenbranchcomplod01.dds ) WITHOUT running dyndolod 

and these textures freaking show up!!!..Although they do seem a tiny bit off but that might be my idea its really still almost seamless transition.

Now though im concerned if that is the intented output i should be getting? Should the 3d lod nifs use the textures from the billboards ? I thought billboards were only for the creation. The same is happening for every tree with 3d lod ..they take their textures from billboards or even directly from enhanced vanilla mod under textures\lod\ and not the Atlas..

Edited by Avead