xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

sorry, barking up the wrong tree then.  I am told D6DDDA crash is 99% of the time a pagefile issue and 1% of the time a corrupt texture.

It is worth noting though, "not related to the above crash" that running the Grass Cache via No Grass in Objects mod, one should disable xlodgen output.  For whatever the reason, the process will go into an infinite crash loop during the grass cache process.   works fine disabling the terrain gen for grass cache, and then just re-enabling after the process is complete. 

15 minutes ago, Soulmancer said:

sorry, barking up the wrong tree then.  I am told D6DDDA crash is 99% of the time a pagefile issue and 1% of the time a corrupt texture.

It is worth noting though, "not related to the above crash" that running the Grass Cache via No Grass in Objects mod, one should disable xlodgen output.  For whatever the reason, the process will go into an infinite crash loop during the grass cache process.   works fine disabling the terrain gen for grass cache, and then just re-enabling after the process is complete. 

You should not need to disable xLODGen output when generating grass cache. If you do, check the crash log, as there may be a corrupt texture/mesh requiring regeneration. Infinite crash loop indicates an issue with an item at the cell location it is failing to load. 

9 hours ago, Soulmancer said:

If it is a texture you will see its filename.dds in the crash log. The partial crash log you posted it is very likely it is a texture.

9 hours ago, Soulmancer said:

That sounds like a typical user myth. Terrain LOD is terrain LOD, it does not matter what LOD generator generated it. Either LOD files are valid or not. If they are not they also would not work in the normal game. Grass cache generation does nothing different then the normal game when loading cells.

However, loading high resolution/larger terrain LOD files or any other meshes/textures plugins that do not affect grass or its placement is probably wasting time and resources.

Hello everyone. I noticed that an error I ran into (That I assume would be fairly common, however hard to notice considering it isn't shoved into the users face in the log) which causes failures for certain tex conv processes in xlodgen. Specifically if you're using a laptop, you'll want to make sure that xlodgen is running with your Dedicated GPU via Nvidia control panel or windows settings, then the error should vanish. That is all, bye bye.

8 hours ago, GrassRash said:

Hello everyone. I noticed that an error I ran into (That I assume would be fairly common, however hard to notice considering it isn't shoved into the users face in the log) which causes failures for certain tex conv processes in xlodgen. Specifically if you're using a laptop, you'll want to make sure that xlodgen is running with your Dedicated GPU via Nvidia control panel or windows settings, then the error should vanish. That is all, bye bye.

Also see https://dyndolod.info/Help/Texconv

Hello,

I'm using the latest xLODGen version, after generating only for Terrain LOD, I noticed Terrain LOD Redone doesn't work, the terrain texture reverts back to what it originally looks like before installing it.

Has anyone else experienced an issue with Terrain LOD Redone not working after generating Terrain LOD with xLODGen?

These are the settings I used in xLODGen.

xLODGen — ImgBB (ibb.co)

THANKS

Edited by mooit

3 hours ago, mooit said:

Hello,

I'm using the latest xLODGen version, after generating only for Terrain LOD, I noticed Terrain LOD Redone doesn't work, the terrain texture reverts back to what it originally looks like before installing it.

Has anyone else experienced an issue with Terrain LOD Redone not working after generating Terrain LOD with xLODGen?

These are the settings I used in xLODGen.

xLODGen — ImgBB (ibb.co)

THANKS

Say this out loud: "Terrain LOD Redone not working after generating Terrain LOD" 

Terrain LOD Redone contains buggy terrain LOD meshes made with Oscape and terrain LOD textures made with xLODGen for a specific setup of  the vanilla game and full landscape textures made by the mod author just for the terrain LOD texture generation process.

Generating terrain LOD with xLODGen and installing the output as a mod overwriting everything else is obviously supposed to replace any other pre-made terrain LOD in the load order.

2 hours ago, mooit said:

Perfect Terrain LOD is working nice, I'll stick with this instead.

Perfect Terrain LOD at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

The terrain LOD included in Perfect Terrain LOD was made with xLODGen for a vanilla load order + whatever version of landscape texture mod available at the time.

Which means, the generated terrain LOD meshes and textures will not match your specific load order, specially any terrain or landscape texture changes made by other plugins or mods / updates.

The mod author then renamed SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm to Perfect Terrain LOD.esm, which means loading a plugin meant for terrain LOD generation only  is unnecessary loaded while playing the game.

The only useful files from that mod are the noise.dds textures.

16 hours ago, sheson said:

Say this out loud: "Terrain LOD Redone not working after generating Terrain LOD" 

Terrain LOD Redone contains buggy terrain LOD meshes made with Oscape and terrain LOD textures made with xLODGen for a specific setup of  the vanilla game and full landscape textures made by the mod author just for the terrain LOD texture generation process.

Generating terrain LOD with xLODGen and installing the output as a mod overwriting everything else is obviously supposed to replace any other pre-made terrain LOD in the load order.

The terrain LOD included in Perfect Terrain LOD was made with xLODGen for a vanilla load order + whatever version of landscape texture mod available at the time.

Which means, the generated terrain LOD meshes and textures will not match your specific load order, specially any terrain or landscape texture changes made by other plugins or mods / updates.

The mod author then renamed SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm to Perfect Terrain LOD.esm, which means loading a plugin meant for terrain LOD generation only  is unnecessary loaded while playing the game.

The only useful files from that mod are the noise.dds textures.

Hi sheson,

For  Perfect Terrain LOD, in MO2 it has the highest priority over all the other mods I use, so that it's not being over written. 

So when you said;
-----------------------------------------

I assumed this meant, if I didn't give it priority.

These are the settings I used with xLODGen, do you have any suggestions for nice terrain mods that work nicely with DynDOLOD 3?

xLODGen — ImgBB (ibb.co)

Thanks for your time, greatly appreciated, keep up the great work!

Edited by mooit

4 hours ago, mooit said:

Hi sheson,

For  Perfect Terrain LOD, in MO2 it has the highest priority over all the other mods I use, so that it's not being over written. 

So when you said;

I assumed this meant, if I didn't give it priority.

These are the settings I used with xLODGen, do you have any suggestions for nice terrain mods that work nicely with DynDOLOD 3?

xLODGen — ImgBB (ibb.co)

Thanks for your time, greatly appreciated, keep up the great work!

A mod mod containing terrain LOD meshes and textures made by somebody else for their load order with xLODGen will not match your load order.

Generate terrain LOD meshes and textures for your load order with xLODGen. Read the first post and the included readmes which explain the settings and make suggestions. I can not give any specific suggestions for your load order of mods. That is like asking the developers of Word to help you to write a novel. Generate with different settings and compare yourself.

Typically the defaults for the terrain LOD textures are perfectly fine. For the mod, I am pretty sure the terrain LOD texture settings were kept default for the mod. Keep only the noise.dds from the mod or test with one of the linked options from the first post..

If you really want nice terrain and terrain LOD, then check out Cathedral Landscapes and generate terrain LOD textures with its special textures for LOD generation only and check the linked STEP discussion and https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.0.0#xLODGen

6 hours ago, mooit said:

Thank you very much sheson!

To clarify what sheson is saying: xLODGen creates your own custom terrain mod suited to your specific mod list. There is no better terrain mod than the xLODGen output overwriting all but your DynDOLOD output in your mod list load order.

Disable/remove any terrain LOD mods in your mod list. xLODGen will use the vanilla game and any mods you have that alter landscape terrain in any way and produce LOD corresponding to that.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, MAYBEARD said:

Hello. My first time asking about xLODGen here. I have an issue where whenever I scope-in, the water LOD turns invisible. I've checked that vanilla's LOD doesn't do that.

https://imgur.com/a/PucS6c4

The Terrain settings I used is attached in the link. Any help is appreciated, thanks! :)

FNV? Assume I have the game but never played it.

What worldspace. What cell coordinates or player position (console player.getpos x|y)? Is that a vanilla weapon?

57 minutes ago, sheson said:

FNV? Assume I have the game but never played it.

What worldspace. What cell coordinates or player position (console player.getpos x|y)? Is that a vanilla weapon?

Yup yup. It's on WastelandNV and the co-ords are X- 53893.09  Y- 76238.75

The one I'm using isn't but it happens with all scoped weapons/binoculars.