xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

Guys I keep getting "Error creating textures for level ... quad [...,...] Access violation at address 000000000040EAF0 in module 'xLODGenx64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" errors when trying to generate LOD for New Vegas. I have no idea why that happens. I tried running as admin, adding to antivirus exceptions, updating VS etc.

1 hour ago, nognow said:

Guys I keep getting "Error creating textures for level ... quad [...,...] Access violation at address 000000000040EAF0 in module 'xLODGenx64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" errors when trying to generate LOD for New Vegas. I have no idea why that happens. I tried running as admin, adding to antivirus exceptions, updating VS etc.

Check the log above for error or warning messages. If making posts, post/upload the entire log.

On 4/10/2021 at 1:03 AM, ikonomov said:

I don't think it's a particular cell that's the problem.  It seems to happen on different cells at random.  This time it happened at a sovngarde cell, the previous report was tamriel.

I just tested it with beta 77 and it happened again:

9 minutes ago, nognow said:

sorry I forgot, here it is:

log.7z 92.7 kB · 0 downloads

Download this version of xLODGenx64.exe, select only the worldspace you had the error in and only select to generate the terrain LOD diffuse/normal textures, no need for the meshes. If the error happens again, it will hopefully save a bugreport.txt. Upload that if it does.

10 hours ago, nognow said:

Same error as the one I reported on the previous page.  Hopefully we are onto something!

12 hours ago, ikonomov said:

Same error as the one I reported on the previous page.  Hopefully we are onto something!

We are only onto something if this time a bugreport.txt was created for the exception and you upload it.

Do we need to generate map LOD if we have the mod A Quality World Map (classic with all roads)? Will they affect each other?

Also, can it be generated anytime or before using DynDOLOD? And if I understood correctly, it's generated separately from terrain in xLODGen.

I apologize in advance if the question is n00b-class.

Edited by Katarsi

13 minutes ago, Katarsi said:

Do we need to generate map LOD if we have the mod A Quality World Map (classic with all roads)? Will they affect each other?

Also, can it be generated anytime or before using DynDOLOD? And if I understood correctly, it's generated separately from terrain in xLODGen.

I apologize in advance if the question is n00b-class.

The map just uses the highest object LOD level 16 and highest terrain LOD level 32

If you want to keep the map texture with the roads, delete the terrain LOD level 32 textures (..\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.*.*.dds) after generation so they are not part of the installed output or overwrite them with the terrain LOD level 32 textures files from map mod.

The map mod does not make changes regarding object LOD or any of other things DynDOLOD does.

Thank you :)

And...I've stumbled upon another bump. After generating terrain with xLODGen, DynDOLOD's option for generating trees is greyed out. I made sure to only select Terrain with xLODGen. Does this mean I can't generate trees with DynDOLOD anymore?

46 minutes ago, Katarsi said:

Thank you :)

And...I've stumbled upon another bump. After generating terrain with xLODGen, DynDOLOD's option for generating trees is greyed out. I made sure to only select Terrain with xLODGen. Does this mean I can't generate trees with DynDOLOD anymore?

The option for generating tree LOD in DynDOLOD 2.x is grayed out when editing the DynDOLOD INI and setting TreeLOD=0 in order to generate ultra tree LOD.

Hey Sheson,

I had a couple errors when running xLODGen. Please see attached logs.

The first is: [00:05] Background Loader: <Note: [REFR:0190001B] (places [050B1985] < Error: Could not be resolved > in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunTempleofKynareth "Temple of Kynareth" [CELL:000165A7]) was injected into Update.esm>

The second is: [58:59] Error creating textures for level 8 quad [-8,3] Access violation at address 000000000040EAF0 in module 'xLODGenx64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I was able to solve the second error by deleting the output textures for that world, and re-running that world without meshes. No error that time.

The first error I'm not sure how to deal with. This is the USSEP Unwanted Effects book that they moved to be inside the Temple of Kynareth in the last update. Please see attached xEdit screenshot.

Do you have any advice with regard to the first error?

Thanks in advance. Of course my firstborn is yours.

0190001B.jpg

xLODGen Logs.7z

Hey, so not too long ago I got a little carried away with changing the look of Skyrim SE, and I decided to use this for 3D tree LODs. I followed the instructions to the best of my ability, ran the program, which seemed to work fine, and launched SSE. Shortly afterwards I noticed an unfavorable impact on my framerate (in both Skyrim LE and SSE), and so I've since gotten rid of it and reinstalled my games, but the fps impact still lingers. The LODs are back to normal and using tll doesn't make a difference, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. What else can I do to fix it? Also, please forgive me if the fix is obvious, I'm not that skilled when it comes to modding tools like these.