xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

3 hours ago, sheson said:

There were no updates to the terrain LOD generation code after 75. This is still a beta test. Bugreport generation was added so we can troubleshoot better and fix the current version.

Not sure why you posted the bugreport in a PM. Anyhow, based on that, test with this version: https://mega.nz/file/xUhyjYzS#NJsm-U7ejFK2eqU8LHqwtPwI1scID_yBYh-AF-tKs-4

For the first time now I've been able to generate LOD4, LOD8 and LOD16 separately choosing the specific chunks using the .exe file you just provided.  I was also able to generate all terrain mesh files and textures for all LOD levels without choosing specific chunks without any problems.  I'm not sure what else to test, whatever you changed it seems to have worked.  If you need to isolate the problem further you can post more versions of xlodgen and I'll be happy let it run and test.

Anyways, this is awesome!  Thank you

6 hours ago, ikonomov said:

For the first time now I've been able to generate LOD4, LOD8 and LOD16 separately choosing the specific chunks using the .exe file you just provided.  I was also able to generate all terrain mesh files and textures for all LOD levels without choosing specific chunks without any problems.  I'm not sure what else to test, whatever you changed it seems to have worked.  If you need to isolate the problem further you can post more versions of xlodgen and I'll be happy let it run and test.

Anyways, this is awesome!  Thank you

Great! Uploaded as terrain LOD beta 81.

4 hours ago, ikonomov said:

If not too much to go into, what was the problem?  After all this time trying to find the needle in the haystack it has made me curious. lol

Multithreaded access to the terrain texture cache that wasn't made fully thread save.

19 hours ago, sheson said:

Multithreaded access to the terrain texture cache that wasn't made fully thread save.

Ah.  I remember you mentioned something about multithread before.  Well it's great that this crash ends here.  The Beta in the title of this thread together with our crash reports might have turned away some people from using one of the best tools they could possibly get their hands on for their game.  I know we keep repeating ourselves, but thank you sheson.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

Instead of the the LODGen log post the xLODGen logs.

Will do so next time. I cleaned out my logs and only have a successful run right now. As usual, I as able to complete in two partials.

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

Will do so next time. I cleaned out my logs and only have a successful run right now. As usual, I as able to complete in two partials.

If this happens to be reproducible, compare with this version, unless I have posted a new beta with a higher version than 81.  The next beta 82 and newer will include whatever it is I did in the test version.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

If this happens to be reproducible, compare with this version, unless I have posted a new beta with a higher version than 81.  The next beta 82 and newer will include whatever it is I did in the test version.

To be clear, previous bug reports are for latest full package for 81. Just ran again and it quit during Apocrypha without a bugreport or SSELODGen log. Only LODGen log: LODGen_log.txt

Event:

Spoiler

Faulting application name: xLODGenx64.exe, version: 4.1.3.1, time stamp: 0x60983a19
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.906, time stamp: 0x2f2f77bf
Exception code: 0x0eedfade
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034b59
Faulting process id: 0x10154
Faulting application start time: 0x01d74812a3acf449
Faulting application path: C:\Modding\Tools\xLODGen\xLODGenx64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 57c7079f-7fa5-4a56-a0ff-013e8466ce9b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Tried again with 81 and no changes. Quits during Tamriel gen with no bugreport of SSELODGen log: LODGen_log.txt

Event:

Spoiler

Faulting application name: xLODGenx64.exe, version: 4.1.3.1, time stamp: 0x60983a19
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.906, time stamp: 0x2f2f77bf
Faulting process id: 0xd044
Faulting application start time: 0x01d74817f93ac508
Report Id: c94cd562-a316-4147-ae76-27d35d7f5b3b

Same issue a third time, same outcome. This time during Blackreach: LODGen_log.txt ... so I am not getting same errors that invoke bugreport, but nothing has changed but time since I had the two errors yesterday (so those are obviously not reproducible).

Event:

Spoiler

Faulting process id: 0xff80
Faulting application start time: 0x01d748192e8e5ac5
Report Id: d2f8482a-926b-4368-b0e6-0a9ae9f4582e
Faulting package-relative application ID:

New file just posted:

Same exact problem and outcome, this time during SolstheimWorld: LODGen_log.txt

Event:

Spoiler

Faulting application name: xLODGenx64.exe, version: 4.1.3.1, time stamp: 0x609d35ae
Faulting process id: 0x9fb8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7481a562ad684
Report Id: b37e52a8-ef3c-4740-a4f3-0689aa7f554d

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

To be clear, previous bug reports are for latest full package for 81. Just ran again and it quit during Apocrypha without a bugreport or SSELODGen log. Only LODGen log: LODGen_log.txt

Event:

Reveal hidden contents

Tried again with 81 and no changes. Quits during Tamriel gen with no bugreport of SSELODGen log: LODGen_log.txt

Event:

Reveal hidden contents

Same issue a third time, same outcome. This time during Blackreach: LODGen_log.txt ... so I am not getting same errors that invoke bugreport, but nothing has changed but time since I had the two errors yesterday (so those are obviously not reproducible).

Event:

Reveal hidden contents

New file just posted:

Same exact problem and outcome, this time during SolstheimWorld: LODGen_log.txt

Event:

Reveal hidden contents

You keep posting the logs from Edit Scripts/LODGen.exe that generates terrain LOD meshes. The xLODGen log would be the SSELODGen.txt that shows all log messages printed to the message window. You sure that system/memory is stable, disk OK, no interference from antivir?

51 minutes ago, sheson said:

You keep posting the logs from Edit Scripts/LODGen.exe that generates terrain LOD meshes. The xLODGen log would be the SSELODGen.txt that shows all log messages printed to the message window. You sure that system/memory is stable, disk OK, no interference from antivir?

I am only posting what is available. No SSELODGen logs are created for these runs. no bugreport.

System memory and disk are A-OK, and I don't think it's antivirus, since I would expect that to impact right away. These runs just randomly fail at varying times with no error outside of the events posted. Plus I have run these programs successfully many times before. I think it's these particular versions of late. If you point me to one of your versions prior to beta 77, I could give them a try to confirm.

Otherwise, I will continue messing with 81 and the version you linked just above. I can try running after fresh reboot and under varying conditions to rule out any system issues.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

I am only posting what is available. No SSELODGen logs are created for these runs. no bugreport.

System memory and disk are A-OK, and I don't think it's antivirus, since I would expect that to impact right away. These runs just randomly fail at varying times with no error outside of the events posted. Plus I have run these programs successfully many times before. I think it's these particular versions of late. If you point me to one of your versions prior to beta 77, I could give them a try to confirm.

Otherwise, I will continue messing with 81 and the version you linked just above. I can try running after fresh reboot and under varying conditions to rule out any system issues.

The fact that no bugreport is created and the program is just closes (it does, yes? Hence the event viewer entries and no xLODGen log?) indicates not a "normal" exception that the program can handle, but it just seems to be terminated. Is odd. No other similar reports yet. We will have to see.

Test it by starting directly without mod manager active and see what happens if it runs for vanilla only. Set command line arguments with a shortcut.

2 minutes ago, sheson said:

The fact that no bugreport is created and the program is just closes (it does, yes? Hence the event viewer entries and no xLODGen log?) indicates not a "normal" exception that the program can handle, but it just seems to be terminated. Is odd. No other similar reports yet. We will have to see.

Test it by starting directly without mod manager active and see what happens if it runs for vanilla only. Set command line arguments with a shortcut.

yes, that's what happens pretty reliably, but never at same point in process.

Will do