xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

Hi. I screwed up with SSE so that it did not output to the folder i made outside Skyrim SE.

Did target as below...

"D:\Modding Skyrim SSE\5. LOD Realated\xLODGen.42 (1)\xLODGen\xLODGenx64.exe" -sse o:"D:\SSELODGen_Output"

But ended up in...

Output: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\meshes\terrain\Tamriel\

Anyway to fix this for me?

Each command line parameter starts with -. So it needs to be -o:"D:\SSELODGen_Output"

Just wanted to share the current result of working with this wonderful new tool.  After a lot of fits and starts, redoes and so on, here it is. 

That is nice. I can see why the water/river needed a few tries to have a defined coast line  :)

Because there was an error executing TexConv.

Awesome!

Got it fixed by dedicating xLODGEN ouput outside of MO (thanks for helping though).

Strange thing that it does work on my laptop and meshes and textures are getting into MO2's overwrite folder without any TexConv issues (no additional arguments).

But on my PC it only works with -o:"somedisc:\xLODGen\OUTPUT" argument.

Windows 10 version are identical, with all UAC/AV stuff configured, and all Admin and write privileges given.

Go figure I suppose.

Awesome!

Got it fixed by dedicating xLODGEN ouput outside of MO (thanks for helping though).

Strange thing that it does work on my laptop and meshes and textures are getting into MO2's overwrite folder without any TexConv issues (no additional arguments).

Windows 10 version are identical, with all UAC/AV stuff configured, and all Admin and write privileges given.

Go figure I suppose.

Setting a dedicated output path with -o is "required" when using MO. Also MO only puts new files into the Overwrite folder, but will replace existing files in the mod folder.

One thing I wanted to mention re world maps (again). I redid Falksaars LoDs and even at quality 3, most bridges were not being drawn. I had to increase quality to 1, and then bridges all appeared. I wasnt expecting that really, I would have thought the difference between q3 and q1 would not be such that an important feature like bridges would not get renderred.  But there it is.

At Q1, the resulting map looked similar to my NewWorld space, no trees again as Falksaar lacks treelods as well. I was thinking to try again with Q0 see if that improves water a bit more and renders bridges more faithfully.

I notice there is a -1 quality. As well as 0. Is -1 like, incredible detail mesh or, something else?

One thing I wanted to mention re world maps (again). I redid Falksaars LoDs and even at quality 3, most bridges were not being drawn. I had to increase quality to 1, and then bridges all appeared. I wasnt expecting that really, I would have thought the difference between q3 and q1 would not be such that an important feature like bridges would not get renderred.  But there it is.

At Q1, the resulting map looked similar to my NewWorld space, no trees again as Falksaar lacks treelods as well. I was thinking to try again with Q0 see if that improves water a bit more and renders bridges more faithfully.

I notice there is a -1 quality. As well as 0. Is -1 like, incredible detail mesh or, something else?

Bridges are part of object LOD. Use DynDOLOD to generate object and tree LOD for Skyrim. Vanilla LOD definitions do not assign LOD models to types of all bridges.

The quality setting for terrain LOD meshes defines the quality of the terrain only - it is related to the height differences between terrain vertices. -1 means no optimization.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome!

Go figure I suppose.

Hello, i have the same issue as you. Can you please describe in more details, how you solved it?

Where to enter the argument and where can the generated data be found, if they won't go in the overwrite folder of mo2? Enter argument here in mo2?

o20kfb.jpg

I did not have this issue before, and i only added NSUTR+comp.Patches and updated to the new 2.2 MO2 version. I've already checked the newest DynDoLOD version and started from scratch.

Sadly the error message is still there. In fact, only LODs for/from Tamriel.esm can be generated... :/

Edited by combatfun

Hello, i have the same issue as you. Can you please describe in more details, how you solved it?

Where to enter the argument and where can the generated data be found, if they won't go in the overwrite folder of mo2? Enter argument here in mo2?

o20kfb.jpg

I did not have this issue before, and i only added NSUTR+comp.Patches and updated to the new 2.2 MO2 version. I've already checked the newest DynDoLOD version and started from scratch.

Sadly the error message is still there. In fact, only LODs for/from Tamriel.esm can be generated... :/

Generic questions how to use MO should be asked on a support forum etc. for MO. We provide xLODGen support here.

As the first post and the included readme explain, the command line parameter to set a dedicated output folder is something like -o:"c:\OutputPath\"

Just setting -o is not going to do anything.

Hello, i modded skyrim a while back when terrain lod was at it`s early stages,  

i`m preteding to mod  the game from scratch again when step 3.0 SSE comes

i have a quick question: what`s the best configuration for the terrain lod by you guys testings? 

i have an 8700k and an 1080Ti

i used to run dyndolod with trees at full model lod 4, lod 4 at lod 8 and lod 8 at lod 16

what about terrain lod, what are the options for an ultra or beyond ultra configuration?

Hi sheson,

Using MO 2.2.0 & xLODGen Beta 42. I have set it up in MO correctly (using xLODGen almost since its release, so the setup is not an issue), but I am facing a very weird behavior.

xLODGen stops at times its terrain generation with a "Invalid lod settings" pop-up window. I never had any invalid lod settings in all the mods I am using (most of my ***world.lod files are loose; I have extracted the BSAs) so I thought I should check these files to see if I can spot anything. After a lot of testing what I spotted was that xLODGen, during generation, arbitrarily replaces some of the original *world.lod files in MO with its own that seem to be quite corrupted.

Let me give you an example (results of my latest test last night):

This is a screenshot of my setup: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v253jktkkzstgi9/Screenshot%202019-05-13%2011.12.56.png?dl=0

xLODGen was doing its thing and then just after generating "mannyGFOworld" (from The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal mod) it stops and the "Invalid lod settings" window appears.

Then I opened the mannygfo.lod file and its contents are completely invalid...have a look pls:

============================================================
Skyrim Object LOD Generator 2.5.6.0
Created by Ehamloptiran and Zilav
Updated by Sheson

Log started at 05:27:58
Game Mode: TERRAINSSE
Generating terrain LOD for worldspace mannyGFO
Reading E:\xLODGen Beta 42\Edit Scripts\LODGen_Terrain_mannyGFO.bin
Data from -64,-64 to 63,63
Protect Cell Border LOD 4: True
Specific level: No
Max Level: 32
Specific quad: No
Output: E:\xLODGen Beta 42\xLODGen Output\meshes\terrain\mannyGFO\
Quality LOD32: 13   Max Vertices: 30767   Optimize Unseen: 550
Quality LOD16: 10   Max Vertices: 30767   Optimize Unseen: 0
Quality LOD8: 10   Max Vertices: 30767   Optimize Unseen: 0
Quality LOD4: 5   Max Vertices: 30767   Optimize Unseen: -1
Finished LOD level mannyGFO.32.0.-32.btr [1083/2034]
Finished LOD level mannyGFO.32.32.-32.btr [640/2048]
Finished LOD level mannyGFO.32.-32.-64.btr [640/2048]
Finished LOD level mannyGFO.32.0.-64.btr [640/2048]
Finished LOD level mannyGFO.32.-64.-32.btr [640/2048]
Finished LOD level mannyGFO.32.-64.0.btr [640/2048]
Finished LOD level mannyGFO.32.-64.-64.btr [792/2046]
Finished LOD level mannyGFO.32.-32.-32.btr [1059/2042]
Finished LOD level mannyGFO.32.32.-64.btr [640/2048]
......and so on
Log ended at 05:28:12 (0:14)

Which simply means that xLODGen copied the contents of its log file for the given world into the actual mannygfo.lod file in the lodsettings folder in MO !!!!

I went through all the *.lod files in MO and found another one (arnimadagonrealm.lod from Beyond Reach mod) that xLODGen had replaced the contents with the log file of BSHeartland which in turn was a worldspace that I hadn't even selected !!!!

From what I have noticed through my various tests, which actual *world.lod it corrupts is completely arbitrary. I have the feeling that since xLODGen halts complaining about an invalid lod settings file; then there is strong possibility that one the files it corrupts should be for a worldspace not yet generated and when xLODGen comes to its generation it then sees the corrupted file and stops.

If I do 1 worldspace at a time then no corruption appears.

Any thoughts please?

After a lot of testing what I spotted was that xLODGen, during generation, arbitrarily replaces some of the original *world.lod files in MO with its own that seem to be quite corrupted.

Which simply means that xLODGen copied the contents of its log file for the given world into the actual mannygfo.lod file in the lodsettings folder in MO !!!!

xLODGen does nothing of that sort.

This seems to be caused by a bug in the latest MO version. We noticed similar problems being caused by MO when using DynDOLOD.

None of  these issues happened with earlier MO versions. The way xLODGen/DynDOLOD work is the same since years.

Edited by sheson