Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I've been lurking on this forum for a while, eagerly watching the progress.  I'm very impressed that the passion remains to get it over the finish line!

I was wondering:

• When would be a good time for somebody completely new to modding to dive in?
  • Is it possible to bundle the resultant mods into an archive that I can install all at once?  I'm fine with the loss of customization; I'm just looking for one solid playthrough and I'm concerned that a small mistake at the beginning will ruin the stability half-way through (and I won't be able to figure out how to fix it).

Thanks for all the hard work!

Well Personally i have never played through Undeath so i could take it or leave it. the black face bug doesn't bother me that much least i know is a vanilla issue we just need to bug the mod author to fix it. Id I knew what actors the priest where i could describe how to fix the bug.

OK I might suggest we extract the RS Children BSAs as all the other NPC Retextures have Loose files (LOOSE FILES for the win).

That fixed the RS Children problem for me.

hey guys Need someone to test out this https://www.dropbox.com/s/rkfqh2nha50rhqf/LightBladesArmor.esp?dl=0 updated Female Blades Light Armor SSE esp for me.

I have applied Ordinator perks so you will need Arcane Smithing to temper it and Exotic Smithing to create.

You will need to grab the Texture and meshes from the original mod page https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14480

I was able to craft and temper the armor.  Looks good.

The new Undeath meshes fixed the face bug:)

I've just now killed Mirmulnir (tgm at level 7 just to test). I also had 6 followers with me, Toccata with her summoned wolf, M'rissi, Jenassa, Mona with her summoned boneman. Moniko and Venice. It was at night and it looked glorious. What impressed me was not one whiff of a crash. With that lot doing their thing in oldrim there would of been no hope. It took a decent amount of time as well to take it down. KS Dragon settings following guide. Frame rates were ok as well, considering my ageing 780 Ti only has 3gb. It was certainly pumping out the heat however. I almost had to take my shirt off lol.

Anywho, good stuff :)

I've been lurking on this forum for a while, eagerly watching the progress.  I'm very impressed that the passion remains to get it over the finish line!

I was wondering:

• When would be a good time for somebody completely new to modding to dive in?
  • Is it possible to bundle the resultant mods into an archive that I can install all at once?  I'm fine with the loss of customization; I'm just looking for one solid playthrough and I'm concerned that a small mistake at the beginning will ruin the stability half-way through (and I won't be able to figure out how to fix it).

Thanks for all the hard work!

Bundling everything together isn't an option, for many reasons. 

Honestly, doing a build like STEP is one of the best ways to learn, especially using a tool like Mod Organizer. When I first started modding Skyrim I had no idea what on earth I was doing til I followed a STEP guide back on classic. Taught me SO much about how all the tools work, how things affect each other, what to do in case of problems...it was really invaluable. I made a bunch of mistakes and asked on forums for quite a bit of help and had to wipe and re-start twice the first time, but that's how you learn. I'm nowhere near being any kind of advanced modder but I understand so much more than I did before.

So I highly recommend going for it yourself! Maybe start learning on a more basic guide like Phoenix Flavour so you can learn the first time on a smaller amount of mods. Or just dive in. Ask when you're confused and get help ::): . I highly suggest watching youtube vids by GamerPoets on the various tools (like mod organizer, TES5Edit, and Merge Plugins) so you see them in action and what they do. Test frequently so you're not backtracking twenty mods when you find a potential issue.

You may mess up and have to do a wipe but we've all been there and it'll set you up better for modding in the future when you understand exactly what you're doing.

Putting in my two cents regarding modding vs getting a big download for everything, the setup is VERY easy to follow, there shouldn’t be many places where you’ll get tripped up (unless like me you forget to add a mod, etc. now and again!) It will also be very helpful for when you invariably want to add your own flavour to your game, tweak it and make it your own.

The fact we are still playing this game so many years after release shows the power of mods, and understanding them is the key to the fun!

On the other note, I THINK I’m going to start on Expert, leave it with 1-2 followers max, and see how that goes. I enjoy the brutal nature of the combat now (I HATED Vanilla Legendary, where it was a stamina thing, due to how much damage you did vs them), but hopefully all fights won’t simply last three seconds. I’ve only been doing bandits and such at level 1, so it’s not much to go off of.

I am incredibly impressed with the quality of the mod guide, btw! It’s exactly what I’ve always wanted from my Skyrim, and I can’t wait to continue the adventure next week when I get back from traveling for work (stupid work!)

After running Wrye Bash we keep the auto disabled plugins disabled correct? also after Running DynDOLOD I am not sure why DynDOLOD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp are not automatically enabled but make sure you enable them prior to running LOOT one last time, I overlooked this at first.

After running Wrye Bash we keep the auto disabled plugins disabled correct? also after Running DynDOLOD I am not sure why DynDOLOD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp are not automatically enabled but make sure you enable them prior to running LOOT one last time, I overlooked this at first.

Yes, the mods merged into the bashed patch are included in it and there is no need to activate them.  Just make sure that the mods that were tagged as NO MERGE by Wrye Bash were not merged.  This also frees up some esp slots for additional mods.

Just a little sidenote on the black face bug / body - hair color mismatch: I had this happen with Grand Paladin (mismatch) and Glorious Fort Dawnguard (black face). The reason in both cases was the same: The facegen data folder, that normally matches the plugin file name, had a name other than the plugin. In Grand Paladin this was shipped like that with the mod, in Glorious Fort Dawnguard it was my own fault as I renamed the plugin to get rid of the brackets.

So, before doing anything else, check the folder name.