Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

The only ones that require you to esmify there master esp are:

Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp

Requires Better Dynamic Snow.esp and Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp to be esmifyed

UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp

Requires Point The Way.esp and UniqueBorderGates-All.esp to be esmifiyed

I will tell Lexy she need to expand on this information within the guide. This guide is a step up from the old classic one so even of more a leap for less experienced modders even me and Lexy are learning new stuff.

FYI to everyone. I have been keeping a little Excel document that helps me keep track of all the changes/merges and thought I'd share it. It is not SO useful and it could be so much more but one thing that it has is a list of masters needed in each merge. Lexy does a great job telling you what files (and mod folders) are being merged but leaves it up to us to activate the respective masters. Anyways this is how I bridge the gap and it may help others keep track if they don't currently "have a system".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/whrdo6ukz30hgv4/Lexys_LOTD_SE.xlsx?dl=0

Also, going back and doing the ESMify thing on those two plugins as I'd also done that incorrectly. When I esmify, open in CK, and hit save, it pops up a box asking me for a folder/file name. If I navigate to where that plugin is in MO2/mods and select the original esp that I opened and attempt to save as that plugin says the file directory is invalid.

I have no doubt I'm doing something wrong but not sure what that wrong thing is.

Edited by Tzefira

Also, going back and doing the ESMify thing on those two plugins as I'd also done that incorrectly. When I esmify, open in CK, and hit save, it pops up a box asking me for a folder/file name. If I navigate to where that plugin is in MO2/mods and select the original esp that I opened and attempt to save as that plugin says the file directory is invalid.

I have no doubt I'm doing something wrong but not sure what that wrong thing is.

Think I was just tired and not reading clearly on the previous page. So I just esmified just the masters and left the actual plugin to be converted as esp, loaded in CK and saved, and that worked, which seems to be in in line with Darth's earlier post. Correct, right?

Edited by Tzefira

Think I was just tired and not reading clearly on the previous page. So I just esmified just the masters and left the actual plugin to be converted as esp, loaded in CK and saved, and that worked, which seems to be in in line with Darth's earlier post. Correct, right?

That is my understanding, I'll be testing it soon. The re-saved .esps still have all their masters right? Also remember to un esmify what you esmified.

OKAY. I admit I read about this on the Forums before but as I was not at that stage of the guide at the time I put it in the back of my mind and forgot about it. Below is a list of plugins that were Opened and Saved in the Creation Kit then Sorted and Cleaned in SEEdit:

IcePenguinWorldMap.esp (A Quality World Map)
Enabled Masters: Dragonborn.esm, Skyrim.esm, Update.esm

Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp (Better Dynamic Snow SE)
Enabled Masters: Dawnguard.esm, Dragonborn.esm, HearthFires.esm, Skyrim.esm, Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp, Update.esm

SRG Enhanced Trees Activator.esp (Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE)
Enabled Masters: Skyrim.esm

UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp (Unique Border Gates SE)
Enabled Masters: Dawnguard.esm, Dragonborn.esm, HearthFires.esm, Skyrim.esm, Update.esm

RogueArmorHD.esp (UNP Rogue Armor for SE)
Enabled Masters: Skyrim.esm

NOTE: "SRG Enhanced Trees Activator.esp" and "RogueArmorHD.esp" don't exist in the final profile plugin list but these were the masters they had prior to merge.

MY QUESTION: Which if any of these plugins have missing masters now? The instructions in "A Note about Converting Old Plugins" did not mention I had to "esmify" plugins prior to using the CK so I never even looked at the original plugin masters prior to using it.

Original source mentioned in above post (link at the end) is pretty old. Is this issue still relevant? Can someone who has ran plugins via CK without "esm-ifying" confirm missing masters?

Yes, see my post at the bottom of Page 101. I opened and saved in CK and those are the only masters those plugins now have. I must now re-install those mods, esmify the masters I want them to keep then open and save in CK.

EDIT: well for Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp and UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp

Edited by darabp

hey guys so i was reread Sheson Ultra tree manual and it appears Lexy skipped an important steps:

from Sheson manual:

7. Any preset should already have a mesh rule for 'tree' at the bottom just before the last catch all '\' rule.

Under normal operation this rule is used for trees that do not have traditional tree LOD generated. Since the ini setting TreeLOD=0 is instructing it to not create traditional tree LOD, every tree will match this rule now.

Typically Low/Medium uses Billboard for all levels. In order to use the hybrid trees, change LOD 4 to Static LOD4.

So since we are using the Medium setting without changing 'tree' to Static LOD4 I think it means we are still technically generating billboards?

I freely admit I don't fully understand this whole Ultra tree thing.

so i decided as a experiment to change the 'tree' to Static LOD4 and rerun DynDOLOD it completed in 36 minutes and output was 5.50GB.

Do the DynDOLOD Setup instructions at the end of the Build for Ultra Trees need adjustment/changing/updating?

Edited by Decopauge123