Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

As for including certain mods, it's a personal preference, nothing more... That being said, from past experiences, i am cautious of the mods that require manual removal of 50+ form ids, missing meshes, etc... Can never be sure what other surprises you're going to get down the road. And debugging 200+ mods is not something i look forward to in the middle of play through. One of those cases where end result might not be worth the effort...So my comments were purely from this perspective. Maybe i worry too much ;)

P.S. Check second sticky post here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9223?tab=posts

Edited by sm0kem

I think I may have been misinterpreted. I'm not even in the slightest way complaining or saying Lexy and Darth haven't done a phenomenal job (I certainly would've boffed an installation like this up fifty times already had I not had her guide to follow). If that's the impression people got then I made an astounding failure with my phrasing.

It makes no difference to me what ends up in or out; as has been said (and I of course agree), I can either simply not play it or adjust my own mod list. I was just voicing an opinion, not having known the backstory of the decision, and now back to regularly scheduled modding.

I never thought (and don't think) you (or anyone else) was complaining.  Having a 'face-to-face conversation' about a complicated subject with everyone (well, everyone except DarkladyLexy and Darth_Mathias) in a different room is not easy.

Edited by Decopauge123

I never thought (and don't think) you (or anyone else) was complaining.  Having a 'face-to-face conversation' about a complicated subject with everyone (well, everyone except DarkladyLexy and Darth_Mathias) in a different room is not easy.

Indeed. All good  :cool:

I am still struggling with LOD. Problem of endless tamriel object lod creation still persists.

May I ask you what size your mesh/terrain/tamriel folder was after the process finished?

Are you still having ish? I was messing around with DynDolod trying to see if I could get it to throw a similar error to yours. Since you mentioned BSHeartland having a particular issue I did remember seeing the warning on the Bruma Billboard page https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85024 and thought that might have something to do with it, maybe.

Not sure how to connect any dots though, if those are even the right dots to connect, as when I generate per Lexy's instructions it's fine. My TextGen output folder is 54.7 MB and DynDolod output is 1.71 GB.

For science, if you remove the Bruma billboards and then try generating, does it give the same error?

For DynDOLOD issue, try setting TreeFullFallBack=0 and selecting Medium setting, see if it helps. According to Sheson, TreeFullFallBack=1 might produce huge models, which would explain your ever growing output sizes

That is what I will do finally.

But I still can't understand why it is only me here with this issue. I followed the guide, made my tree part exactly as layed out by Lexy and the outcome is so different.

That's a question to Sheson. He is usually very responsive and helpful so i am sure he can point you to some dark magic you can do to pint point the root cause.

I will do some more testing on my end before asking Sheson.

My last hope is two texture/model mods I have in my list but are not part of the guide. High Poly Project and Enhanced Textures UV. Maybe these two pimp the meshes a bit too much for poor DynDoLod. Just a wild guess, I do not really know what I am doing here...

My last hope is two texture/model mods I have in my list but are not part of the guide. High Poly Project and Enhanced Textures UV. Maybe these two pimp the meshes a bit too much for poor DynDoLod. Just a wild guess, I do not really know what I am doing here...

Ah, could be. Best thing to do to troubleshoot might be to take out any extra billboards you added yourself and attempt to generate with strictly the material in the guide. See if that works. If it does then you've got a starting point to narrow from, at least.

Try sending me a message using the STEP Messenger with your DynDOLOD log attached, or in the message itself.   It doesn't need to be the whole log, but it should have at least up to just after the problem starts.  I'll take a look and 'see what I can see'.  :thumbsup:

Try sending me a message using the STEP Messenger with your DynDOLOD log attached, or in the message itself.   It doesn't need to be the whole log, but it should have at least up to just after the problem starts.  I'll take a look and 'see what I can see'.  :thumbsup:

Again, DynDOLOD finished after 25 minutes, spamming this "waiting for lodgenx64.exe to finish" message. Two lodgenx64.exe processes still running, Tamriel and BSHeartland. Just like all the previous attempts. Seems like disabling the two mods didn't help much.

I will send the log once the processes have finished. This might take some time...

Again, DynDOLOD finished after 25 minutes, spamming this "waiting for lodgenx64.exe to finish" message. Two lodgenx64.exe processes still running, Tamriel and BSHeartland. Just like all the previous attempts. Seems like disabling the two mods didn't help much.

I will send the log once the processes have finished. This might take some time...

And you re-ran TextGen first (just checking!)?

And you re-ran TextGen first (just checking!)?

Yes I did.

I canceled the last process for tamriel. Hopefully Decopauge123 can find something in the log. Until then I give on this ultra tree thing with TreeFullFallBack=0 although I don't know if this is actually related to tree issues. Will see, next steps:

Try TreeLod=1, TreeFullFallBack=0

Try TreeLod=0, TreeFullFallBack=0

Play finally.

Edited by Shabdez

I haven't had it happen recently (or often), but I've seen the "waiting for lodgenx64.exe to finish" message to spew for a couple of screens worth of output.  Eventually the offending process(es) finally died.  It's not happening now for me.

If disabling the mods didn't help, try removing them from your load order.  If that doesn't help, try completely deleting and reinstalling DynDOLOD standalone in it's directory (where did you put it?) and Resources in your Load Order.

Yes I did.

I canceled the last process for tamriel. Hopefully Decopauge123 can find something in the log. Until then I give on this ultra tree thing with TreeFullFallBack=0 although I don't know if this is actually related to tree issues. Will see, next steps:

Try TreeLod=1, TreeFullFallBack=0

Try TreeLod=0, TreeFullFallBack=0

Play finally.

I check for the DynDOLOD log in the morning.    Night.  ::): :bye: