Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

So the for the BSA Extraction im guessing i open the mods in MO2  open in explorer? Also do i delete the BSA after extraction or is it still needed?

Yes, run bae.exe outside of MO2 and extract to the MO2 Mods folder. Delete the .bsa after extracting. Its not a bad idea to make sure the extracted files showed up in the correct location.

So the for the BSA Extraction I'm guessing i open the mods in MO2  open in explorer? Also do i delete the BSA after extraction or is it still needed?

Bigundies Hi! If you have all the tools in place as per the prerequisite page, then the mod that needs bsa extracted, do as....either open mod in explorer or as normal(under filetree)..open bae tool, then drag the bsa into bae tool page, browse and select the mod file to extract too. bsa can be deleted after...OR follow the video under: just been ninja'ed by darabp

A Note On Extracting BSA's

Yes, run bae.exe outside of MO2 and extract to the MO2 Mods folder. Delete the .bsa after extracting. Its not a bad idea to make sure the extracted files showed up in the correct location.

Thank's for help mate :)

Bigundies Hi! If you have all the tools in place as per the prerequisite page, then the mod that needs bsa extracted, do as....either open mod in explorer or as normal(under filetree)..open bae tool, then drag the bsa into bae tool page, browse and select the mod file to extract too. bsa can be deleted after...OR follow the video under: just been ninja'ed by darabp

A Note On Extracting BSA's

All sorted now mate cheer's :)

Test 1 (Try TreeLod=1, TreeFullFallBack=0), everything finished after 20 minutes, DynDOLOD output total 1.38 GB. So there is without a doubt a problem with TreeFullFallBack=1 in my setup. And I have an idea...oh my...

Shabdez, after looking at your DynDOLOD log, I have two questions:  (1) Where's your Bashed Patch ?   (2) Where are "Lexy's LoTD SE - Conflict Resolution.esp" and "Lexy's LoTD SE - Conflict Resolution CR Update for 1.02 (TESTING).esp" in your load order?

hey guys so i was reread Sheson Ultra tree manual and it appears Lexy skipped an important steps:

from Sheson manual:

7. Any preset should already have a mesh rule for 'tree' at the bottom just before the last catch all '\' rule.
Under normal operation this rule is used for trees that do not have traditional tree LOD generated. Since the ini setting TreeLOD=0 is instructing it to not create traditional tree LOD, every tree will match this rule now.
Typically Low/Medium uses Billboard for all levels. In order to use the hybrid trees, change LOD 4 to Static LOD4.

So since we are using the Medium setting without changing 'tree' to Static LOD4 I think it means we are still technically generating billboards?

I freely admit I don't fully understand this whole Ultra tree thing.

• Problem:Wrye Bash will complain about Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp when generating the Bash Patch.

Solution: Load and save the plugin in the Creation Kit this stop Wrye Bash Complaining.

For this step which plugin should be used in Creation Kit Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp or Better Dynamic Snow.esp ?

• Problem:Wrye Bash will complain about Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp when generating the Bash Patch.
  • Solution: Load and save the plugin in the Creation Kit this stop Wrye Bash Complaining.

For this step which plugin should be used in Creation Kit Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp or Better Dynamic Snow.esp ?

it's Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp but you need to ESMify Better Dynamic Snow.esp and Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp first

Shabdez, after looking at your DynDOLOD log, I have two questions:  (1) Where's your Bashed Patch ?   (2) Where are "Lexy's LoTD SE - Conflict Resolution.esp" and "Lexy's LoTD SE - Conflict Resolution CR Update for 1.02 (TESTING).esp" in your load order?

It's my first ever use of WB and I don't know much about it. As it has to be deactivated for LOD Generation anyway, I thought it is OK to make the bashed patch after I'm done with this LOD thing. Maybe a misunderstanding on my side of what WB is acutally doing.

I skipped quite some mods from the guide and assumed that all patches and CRs from Lexy's nexus site require all mods to being installed. I remember having read something like that in the guide or here on the forum thread. I will make my own CRs to the best of my knowledge.

EDIT: Made a quick check on the LotD CR file and just as I guessed, I'm missing half the required masters.

After all this testing, I think I have found the best solution for my personal taste. I go the "classic" way of LOD generation (no ultra trees) and it looks really good ingame. No tree popping in, no color mismatch, no tree shrinking, no FPS issues, no CTD...

Nevertheless many thanks to everyone who tried to show me the right way. I will of course keep on using the guide as major reference for mod selection and install order.

Edited by Shabdez

TLDR: When trying to convert/save a mod in CK, if the mod has masters that don't have their Master bit set, CK will strip those masters from its list and reset any of its FormID's that pointed to those masters to point at itself. <presto!> Usless mod!

PROBLEM:

Some Mods for Skyrim SE have not been saved in Creation Kit.

INDICATORS:

1. Upon opening the mod in Wrye Bash, a popup is generated listing the mod as having an Older Plugin Record Version ( Form 44 )
  2. When generating a Bashed Patch in Wrye Bash, the Mod is listed in the error log popup with the following entry: STAT.DNAM: Expected size == 12, but got: 8

POSSIBLE SOLUTION(S) & CAVEATS:

1. If the mod does NOT have any files in its master list except the actual Master Files from Bethesda, then simple save in the Creation Kit will like solve the problem.  Follow this video: How to get Vanilla Skyrim mods on Special Edition!
    1. Mods I've done so far that currently require this procedure
      1. BGCollectables.esp
      2. SLO_StoneWalls.esp
      3. SRG Enhanced Trees Activator.esp
      4. IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
      5. Dual Sheath Redux.esp
      6. BSHeartlandWMFF.esp
      7. aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp
      8. Hott Argonians - Standalone.esp
      9. NMFWLM_falskaar.esp
      10. InigoMCM.esp
      11. WM Flora Fixes.esp
  2. CAVEAT - If the mod DOES have files in it's master list that were created outside of Bethesda and are not true Masters then, following the above procedure will silently break the mod you are trying to fix.  This is because, Creation Kit requires a plugin to actually be a Master File in order to have other plugins use or replace its data.  Therefore, when you attempt to save the Mod inside Creation Kit, it will strip any files from its master list that are NOT actual Masters.  This in turn, resets any Form ID's the Mod had that referenced those masters.  The Form ID's will now point towards itself effectively orphaning/nullifying the mods records. 

To fix this, we'll change the Mods' listed master files into actual Masters, then save the Mod in Creation Kit and change the Master files back to normal files.

1. To check if the Mod has a .esp file(s) listed as its masters that are not actually Master Files, you can simply look in the Mod Organizer, on the right side, Plugins Column.  Hover over the .esp with the mouse and it's masters will be listed in a popup.  If the file(s) in the list are actual Master, they will be displayed towards the top of the mod list in bold (provided you have them installed).
    1. If the Mod DOES have non-master file(s) listed as Masters, Use Wrye Bash to change those listed master to actual Masters before trying to save the Mod in Creation Kit.
      1. This is done in Wrye Bash by right clicking on the mod file and selecting "Esmify Self".  This functions as a toggle and the Master bit can be turned back off this way as well when your done saving the original troubled Mod file in Creation Kit.

(In order for a .esp or .esm file to ACTUALLY be a Master, it must have its Master bit toggled to flag it as one.  This is what the "Esmify Self" Wrye Bash function does)

1. Mods I've done so far that currently require this procedure;
    1. Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp
    2. UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp
    3. WMFF Inigo Patch.esp

1. Files so FUBAR, they crash CK even after cleaning and there is no help for;
    1. WheelsOfLull.esp (^%$#@!) 

Its so bad that even if it would have saved in CK I would have worried it was going to cause CTD's down the line.  I even ran the "Replace text in EDID and FULL.pas" after cleaning it and it still crashed CK.

Making one ESP dependant on Another

-Xaxilis

it's Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp but you need to ESMify Better Dynamic Snow.esp and Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp first

OKAY. I admit I read about this on the Forums before but as I was not at that stage of the guide at the time I put it in the back of my mind and forgot about it. Below is a list of plugins that were Opened and Saved in the Creation Kit then Sorted and Cleaned in SEEdit:

IcePenguinWorldMap.esp (A Quality World Map)
Enabled Masters: Dragonborn.esm, Skyrim.esm, Update.esm

Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp (Better Dynamic Snow SE)
Enabled Masters: Dawnguard.esm, Dragonborn.esm, HearthFires.esm, Skyrim.esm, Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp, Update.esm

SRG Enhanced Trees Activator.esp (Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE)
Enabled Masters: Skyrim.esm

UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp (Unique Border Gates SE)
Enabled Masters: Dawnguard.esm, Dragonborn.esm, HearthFires.esm, Skyrim.esm, Update.esm

RogueArmorHD.esp (UNP Rogue Armor for SE)
Enabled Masters: Skyrim.esm

NOTE: "SRG Enhanced Trees Activator.esp" and "RogueArmorHD.esp" don't exist in the final profile plugin list but these were the masters they had prior to merge.

MY QUESTION: Which if any of these plugins have missing masters now? The instructions in "A Note about Converting Old Plugins" did not mention I had to "esmify" plugins prior to using the CK so I never even looked at the original plugin masters prior to using it.
  • +1 1