Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

Because Maskars Oblivion Overhaul already addresses the Combat Overhaul we have removed Vanilla Combat Enhanced from the guide. Not only will this reduce a couple of extra plugins to install, but also simplify our process of refining the CR Patch. 

We have also removed MIDAS MAGIC SPELLS OF AURUM, Supreme Magicka, and [MOB] Integration. With the additions of Morrowind Spells included with the Morroblivion add-on, as well as the other Morroblivion magic mods we have selected to install, it has been decided that these mods will just be "over kill", so to speak. Removing the unnecessary magic mods will also reduce the number of plugins to install as well as simplify our process of refining the CR Patch.

In addition, any patches that were required for these mods has also been removed.

Removed: Custom Auto Save from the User Interface Section.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

Because Maskars Oblivion Overhaul already addresses the Combat Overhaul we have removed Vanilla Combat Enhanced from the guide. Not only will this reduce a couple of extra plugins to install, but also simplify our process of refining the CR Patch. 

We have also removed MIDAS MAGIC SPELLS OF AURUM, Supreme Magicka, and [MOB] Integration. With the additions of Morrowind Spells included with the Morroblivion add-on, as well as the other Morroblivion magic mods we have selected to install, it has been decided that these mods will just be "over kill", so to speak. Removing the unnecessary magic mods will also reduce the number of plugins to install as well as simplify our process of refining the CR Patch.

In addition, any patches that were required for these mods has also been removed.

Removed: Custom Auto Save from the User Interface Section.

Just to confirm, [Gameplay][Combat] Miscellaneous Fixes Tweaks and Additions was also removed from the guide?

[sound] Sounds of Cyrodiil

TES4Edit Cleaning Required:

Sounds of Cyrodiil - OC Reborn Patch.esp

Can't be done yet due to to missing master Open Cities Resources.esm

wow, nevermind, you already thought of that!

Edited by mcshame

Modified: TES4LL instructions for Mod Organizer Users ONLY. In addition to creating the new TES4LL mod, the tes4qlod_tex folder needs to be moved from the Landscape LOD generator 5 15c mod into the new TES4LL mod.

Removed: HESU The Skyrim Temple

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

This week I will be updating the guide with what we believe will be the final modlist. We are refining everything now, but it will take a few days to test and make certain we do have it set as desired. I know we have some new users following the guide, those who might like an immediate update status may want to follow this topic by clicking the "Follow this topic" tab at the header of this forum. I try to keep daily updates within the first update comment for the day. I usually only post additional comments regarding changes made to the guide if I feel it needs to be a separate comment. 

Note: We will also be renaming a few of the Textures & Meshes categories. We are grouping them by theme. This will help shorten each installation section as well. I know it's overwhelming to install nearly 100 mods in one session.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

You should consider doing another project like this guide but just for Morrowind :PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

OpenMW is already totally playable as far as the questlines are concerned, performs great, looks great and is compatible with all standard mods.  By standard I mean mods not depending on third party extensions like MWSE, MCP and MGXE.  This leaves you with actually the bulk of the morrowind mod catalog available to use right now.

It's possible to configure modorganizer and mlox to work with OpenMW as well to keep things familiar.  Look up a tool called modset on the morrowind nexus.

A good guide exists at /r/tes3mods for really pimping it out visually and installing a few quest mods as well.  It could definitely be improved upon but it's a really good starting place for getting your toes wet with OpenMW.

I don't think it's wise to continue investing time into the original Morrowind now that OpenMW has reached critical mass.

Edited by jdsmith2816

OpenMW is already totally playable as far as the questlines are concerned, performs great, looks great and is compatible with all standard mods. By standard I mean mods not depending on third party extensions like MWSE, MCP and MGXE. This leaves you with actually the bulk of the morrowind mod catalog available to use right now.

It's possible to configure modorganizer and mlox to work with OpenMW as well to keep things familiar. Look up a tool called modset on the morrowind nexus.

A good guide exists at /r/tes3mods for really pimping it out visually and installing a few quest mods as well. It could definitely be improved upon but it's a really good starting place for getting your toes wet with OpenMW.

I don't think it's wise to continue investing time into the original Morrowind now that OpenMW has reached critical mass.

Ah nice to know about modset and mod organizer and mlox working or semi working with open-mw. I can not wait until it hits 1.0. I agree with not wasting any time with the horrible original engine. I tried installing mods the openmw way of just utulizing multiple data folders but after 100 of them it gets very disorganized, especially since there is so many great and small hidden mods out there and having to adjust the data= list is a real pain.

After a quick look through the guide you linked, it seems good but it could be better. A lot of the bump mapped mods are compatible with openmw, it is just a matter of deleting meshes or using nifskope depending on the depth of the mod. And if course the PBR mods also work in openmw.

Edited by Schvanys_Epitome

People were asking for some visuals of the guide... here ya go  I'm a terrible picture taker but it should give you some ideas.

Those are all of Cyrodiil I'll take some of the Morrowind side tomorrow.   I need to look into a bit of optimization soon to make sure that when things spike it still stays in a playable range.  Cyrodiil is almost good enough but the morrowind side needs some love.  I play at 3440x1440 so I'm punished pretty hard right out of the box heh.

After a quick look through the guide you linked, it seems good but it could be better. A lot of the bump mapped mods are compatible with openmw, it is just a matter of deleting meshes or using nifskope depending on the depth of the mod. And if course the PBR mods also work in openmw.

For sure.  My Open-MW is basically the Cynderal guide tweaked as appropriate.  I like what I ended up with and using MO it was pretty straight forward.  I couldn't quite get modset working with mlox at the time so I simply temporarily pasted all of my esp and esm over into the morrowind dir and ran mlox to generate the load order.  I applied it the load order from mlox using the OpenMW launcher and let modset automatically manage the data= entries based on MO left pane.

Edited by jdsmith2816