Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

Update: Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Magic_Addon Replacement Patch for Morroblivion Overhaul guide users has been uploaded to Morroblivion Overhaul Patch Central. If you installed the original Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Magic_Addon it will need to be disabled. Install this patch just below [MOB] Unofficial Patch and activate the plugin.

Note: This patch will be missing masters until they are installed later in the guide.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

Because of the CR Patch dependencies, the BOSS userlist.txt will be useless. For now it is recommended to stop using BOSS to sort the load order. We will be providing a loadorder.txt for MO users, and a plugins.txt for WB users. I will be removing all of the Edit BOSS userlist.txt: references from the guide and replacing "Run BOSS to sort the load order" with instructions to place our provided text documents in the appropriate folder for the mod manager.

BOSS is still useful to review information regarding dirty edits, ect... I will not remove any information that has been provided with this utility. However, DO NOT run BOSS to sort the load order.

Updated instructions for Oblivion XP. This mod should not be activated by Mod Organizer users until after the UI section has been installed. However, it needs to remain in the position it is currently placed in the guide in order for the other mods to over write the files. Wrye Bash users will need to wait to install even the resources of this mod until instructed to do so.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

Hi everyone, thank you for the time for putting this great guide together. I can only guess and shudder at how much time and effort must go into something like this.

I have 3 days off work with nothing planned so I want to start this guide. I have moderate experience in modding, I've installed Skyrim STEP, Bevilex's mod list and a few others so I have no concerns about using Wrye Bash. What I do have concerns about is if my PC can handle it.

i5 2500k@ 4.4ghtz

8GB Ram

Nvidia GTX970

Hi Kordac, your graphics card and ram should be enough.  The game is most bottle-necked by single-threaded CPU performance, however, even with an over 10year old Phenom II X4 @ 3ghz (with 8gb ram + Radeon 7970 Ghz), I am able to get 20fps @ 1080p in Morroblivion with some performance tuning and decreased shaders (enabled: AO, HDR, bloom, depth of field. disabled: motion blur, anti-aliasing, enhanced shadow smoothing, etc.).  The biggest issue which you haven't mentioned is making sure you have enough hardddisk space for all the mods in the overhaul. :)

Edited by ponyrider0

No worries, I bought a 1gb SSD last year when I ran into space problems modding games.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten very far before I encountered a problem, at least I think its a problem. I'm at the BAE section of pre-mod set up, I've extracted the .bsa files in the order listed and made the Textures & Meshes folders into a .zip file.

It installed fine in Wrye Bash and turned green, however when I restarted Wrye Bash the mod had turned red in the installers tab. Wrye Bash informs me I have missing files, specifically 

meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancechighlandsm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancegoldcoastsm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancegreatforestsm02.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowlg01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowlg02.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowlg03.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowsm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowsm02.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowsm03.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancerockmosssm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancerockybeachsm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancewestwsm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancewestwsm02.nif

I deleted the .zip and repacked the folders but the same thing has happened again, the files are definitely present in the loose folders I extracted from the .bsas and I assume they are present when I install the package other wise Wrye Bash wouldn't report them as missing when I restart the program.

Will this be an issue moving forward? I see no point in progressing through the guide if it's a problem until I can get it sorted.

No worries, I bought a 1gb SSD last year when I ran into space problems modding games.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten very far before I encountered a problem, at least I think its a problem. I'm at the BAE section of pre-mod set up, I've extracted the .bsa files in the order listed and made the Textures & Meshes folders into a .zip file.

It installed fine in Wrye Bash and turned green, however when I restarted Wrye Bash the mod had turned red in the installers tab. Wrye Bash informs me I have missing files, specifically 

meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancechighlandsm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancegoldcoastsm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancegreatforestsm02.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowlg01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowlg02.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowlg03.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowsm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowsm02.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowsm03.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancerockmosssm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancerockybeachsm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancewestwsm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancewestwsm02.nif

I deleted the .zip and repacked the folders but the same thing has happened again, the files are definitely present in the loose folders I extracted from the .bsas and I assume they are present when I install the package other wise Wrye Bash wouldn't report them as missing when I restart the program.

Will this be an issue moving forward? I see no point in progressing through the guide if it's a problem until I can get it sorted.

These textures will be replaced with the Unofficial Patch, you can just ignore them.

It's the Steam version I'm using though...

I just noticed you had mentioned this in your guide, I confess to skipping that paragraph as I wasn't using the gog version so I assumed it wouldn't concern me. It won't happen again

Edited by Kordac

It's the Steam version I'm using though...

Oh, something new has happened then. No, that's not normal, but they will still be replaced by the UOP. I'm curious why the Steam version has changed though. Mine wasn't like that. After I finish my edits on the guide I will look further into it, but for now it shouldn't affect the setup.

I've made it to the first game test break.

is this process meant to sort your plugins? When I copied the plugin.txt to the folder then opened Wrye bash I got a message stating the load order had been sanitised or something to that effect leaving the plugins out of order. I feel I am missing something simple, does Wyre bash order the plugins according to that list when you build the bash patch or something?

1. Activate all installed mods and plugins. Close the mod manager.
2. Wrye Bash Users: place the plugin.txt in the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Oblivion folder.
Mod Organzier Users: place the loadoarder.txt in the pathto\Mod Organizer\profiles\Morroblivion folder.
3. Run Wrye Bash. Deactivate any mods missing masters. Right click on the Bashed Patch, 0.esp Rebuild the Bashed Patch.