Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

Please Diana don`t excuse for late replies, you`re amazingly fast taken in account that you´re on the other side of the globe unbelievably fast with answers, thanks.

I did like you told except that I can`t tell if the lod generated are ok or not :-(

Next Topic, next question: TES4ll, I download it and than I unzip it but in which directory?

Because you write:

So I would have to unzip it to \Oblivion\Data what seems to be a little bit strange to me because I thought the Data should stay clean? Or did I went wrong somewhere?

Hey there.  Are you using Mod Organizer or Wyre Bash?  I can help you with the MO as I just completed it.

correct, the mod is mostly scripts, not for the game. The outputs go into the file structure and of course, are used by the game. For MO, I downloaded the file and activated it in MO, then created executable for each of the scripts. The extra instructions for MO was to make edits that made the output go to the specified output file structure and then, activate. Sorry I can't help more, I'm not WB competent

Edited by mcshame

thank you nevertheless! When I`m back home, I`ll try it to install directly to the \Data\ Folder, if it`s wrong, I can manuelly undo it, there are not that many files installed with it!

Wrye Bash users do have to install directly into the Data folder. Wrye Bash will not acknowledge the installation of certain files. However, when you do install into the Data folder, make certain to allow Wrye Bash to Monitor the installation of the files. I'll try to be available when you get started back on the installation if you run into any issues. If you are a discord user you can try to catch me on there too.

So far it worked, thanks. If I did well, I`ll see when I`m running the patch files for the first time!

Thanks for the offer with discord, i didn´t use it until now! Installed a server with the name Sneiderlein my user is Ertzel#9424!

Tomorrow i`ll start with the ini tweaks and than the modding itself will start, yeah! 

so I'm continuing to follow the guide , and am currently after making the merged landscape patches

now , I remember you saying that you intend to have around 230 plugins in the end load order

the thing is , I currently have 252 plugins from just the mods in the guide , following the guide almost 100% (installed Morroblivion and Tamriel Rebuild , as well as OCO before their parts in the guide)

looking at the rest of the guide , I don't actually see any more merges suggested (unless these will be part of the CR patch)

as a side note , I've noticed that the texture sections seem to have quite a few mods doing the exact same thing in different ways , like two coin retextures or ring retextures

while I'm not against giving out several options , it would be more organized if the guide states to choose one of the following mods and then list them , rather than just list them , especially when they are located all over that section (not directly one after the other , so a person might easily miss the fact that he's installing similar mods)

this isn't really a big deal , but after working on the last sections , it would be great to see the guide tidied up a bit to prevent confusion

happy holidays to you all :)

WA

so I'm continuing to follow the guide , and am currently after making the merged landscape patches

now , I remember you saying that you intend to have around 230 plugins in the end load order

the thing is , I currently have 252 plugins from just the mods in the guide , following the guide almost 100% (installed Morroblivion and Tamriel Rebuild , as well as OCO before their parts in the guide)

looking at the rest of the guide , I don't actually see any more merges suggested (unless these will be part of the CR patch)

as a side note , I've noticed that the texture sections seem to have quite a few mods doing the exact same thing in different ways , like two coin retextures or ring retextures

while I'm not against giving out several options , it would be more organized if the guide states to choose one of the following mods and then list them , rather than just list them , especially when they are located all over that section (not directly one after the other , so a person might easily miss the fact that he's installing similar mods)

this isn't really a big deal , but after working on the last sections , it would be great to see the guide tidied up a bit to prevent confusion

happy holidays to you all :)

WA

I still need to work on the Merge Plugins list. I forgot all about how many plugins are included with Tamriel Rebuilt. Sorry about that. We'll see how many of those we can safely merge. I have my notes started on some extra merges, but I haven't finished them yet. I'm working on installing the GOG version of Morrowind and Oblivion today, so I'll test each section and figure out which mods can be safely merged to reduce the number of plugins. 

I am also working on the Meshes and Textures section comparing them all to see what to keep or discard. The reason for the extra options is because some textures from ModA looked nicer (imo) than ModB, and vice versa, so I would keep the ones I like best. I may keep a few from both mods, so until I actually get to physically compare them in paint.net, I don't want to discard any just yet. Same with the meshes. Also, I'm trying to get the instructions written up for the Optimization part of the guide. It's a little tricky to explain, and I am trying to make certain my instructions are clear and accurate.

The CR Patch is also still being worked out, but I have a preliminary CR Patch if anyone needs it before the final patch is ready. I'll prob share the PREMLIM CR Patch on my Google Drive until it is ready to upload on Nexus. Users who don't mind doing so can help by noting any bugs and landscape issues while they are testing the game. 

Hopefully, if I'm not delayed by other responsibilities, I can have these things all finished within the next week or two. 

I think everyone should at least Optimize the Vanilla Meshes and Textures and have been considering moving the Optimization Instructions up to the Vanilla install section of the guide. At the Finish Line section I will just link those instructions for the rest of the Meshes and Textures. Any opinions?

You're not talking about moving the 98 basic texture mods up, correct? Those would be too much. If it's just optimization of the existing, yes, I believe it is a good idea to have it earlier. Makes sense for that to be there for the first test part of the guide

Edited by mcshame

You're not talking about moving the 98 basic texture mods up, correct? Those would be too much. If it's just optimization of the existing, yes, I believe it is a good idea to have it earlier. Makes sense for that to be there for the first test part of the guide

Correct. I'm not moving the installation order. That will remain as is.

The meshes optimization will take several hours. It could all be performed at once at the end of the guide. Users will have to be prepared to step away from their PC until it has finished optimizing the meshes.

Optimizing textures doesn't take as long, but it could still take a couple of hours. 

I am optimizing my vanilla meshes and textures and installing them just below my vanilla installation, but it is an extra step users may prefer not to take when it can all be done at once in the end.

Not really... Overwrite order is important.  Some things are being used just for the meshes they provide while another overwrites with different textures for instance...  Or one mod provides a significantly wider base of textures while a second one only updates a handful but those handful are a really nice improvement over the ones in the first mod... etc

There are no truly redundant mods in that section.  Having said that almost all of it is totally optional so user is free to slim things down.