Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

I still have two problems 1: Jiubs head https://imgur.com/aZkaR6S and 2: the Vanilla + DLC Meshes and Textures causes game to crash if it is not red. After starting the game it crashes. Then Vanilla + DLC Meshes and Textures is red in Wyre Bash with the same missing files. So I start Oblivion and play it just fine. Then I anneal Vanilla + DLC Meshes and Textures and try to load a game or start a new one in Oblivion again and it crashes again. After the crash then the Vanilla + DLC Meshes and Textures is red again e.t.c e.t.c e.t.c

Here are the missing meshes of Vanilla + DLC Meshes and Textures.

meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancechighlandsm01.nif

meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancegoldcoastsm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancegreatforestsm02.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowlg01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowlg02.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowlg03.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowsm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowsm02.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowsm03.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancerockmosssm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancerockybeachsm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancewestwsm01.nif
meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancewestwsm02.nif

After installing the GOG version, I can also confirm that the meshes listed do indeed have an unnecessary space added just before the file name. This space will need to be deleted to correct the file name.

Edit: I tried to remove the space, but I get a "Rename File" popup message that says "The source and destination file names are the same."

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

That's interesting, I'm going to post a question in the Gog forum asking why?

I didn't notice your post til after I edited mine. I tried to remove the space, but I get a "Rename File" popup message that says "The source and destination file names are the same." So something really is off about the structure in this folder.

https://i.imgur.com/WUHQiJy.jpg

GOG's version is actually missing files. The addition of those mesh files is deceptive.

GOG's version is pic on the left, Steam Version is the pic on the right.

Now I feel like I need to compare the entire structure of the files to see what else GOG users have been cheated out of. 

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

You don't need to rename anything. UOP already fixes mesh names in Oblivion.esm and includes renamed meshes themselves.

You are correct, and users of this guide or even most guides won't have to worry about it, but I'm still going to make a list for GOG to reveal what is wrong with their version. Not to mention, not all users who purchase Oblivion from GOG will be downloading mods to fix their games. They certainly won't all be following our guides and learn that there is this problem within the file structure. GOG needs to respond why their version is set up in such the way it is. I'm making the list of errors I'm uncovering as I move along with the guide. After all, I did purchase the product, so I expect them to give me a working version of what I paid for, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition Deluxe.

Edit: All the files are there, they are just incorrectly named. I will only add a note to the guide for GOG user's to ignore those files as they will be replaced with the UOP when it is installed.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

I've noticed two things when testing the game (still up to and including the Merge Plugins section)

the first is a very minor thing , but BOSS seems to organize the Late Landscape.esp after bgIntegrationIntegratedEV.esp , even though it's a master of the patch

when making a bashed patch , this is shown as an error

so maybe adding an argument to force the patch to load after this plugin would fix this

the other thing I've noticed is an actual issue , though I'm not sure what exactly is causing it

when activating all of the mods I've downloaded , I noticed that my game freezes on the main loading screen , so I can't even get to the main menu

after testing this , I found the cause to be the Varied Spell Sounds mod , or particularly the SupremeMagicka plugin in it (the plugin we rename to replace the one from Supreme Magicka)

for some reason , whenever I try to load the game with that plugin , the game refuses to load

has anyone else encountered something like this? and is there a way to fix this? how important is the mod for the rest of the guide? (it's marked as core , so is it part of the CR patch or something? can I avoid using it without causing problems?)

I've noticed two things when testing the game (still up to and including the Merge Plugins section)

the first is a very minor thing , but BOSS seems to organize the Late Landscape.esp after bgIntegrationIntegratedEV.esp , even though it's a master of the patch

when making a bashed patch , this is shown as an error

so maybe adding an argument to force the patch to load after this plugin would fix this

the other thing I've noticed is an actual issue , though I'm not sure what exactly is causing it

when activating all of the mods I've downloaded , I noticed that my game freezes on the main loading screen , so I can't even get to the main menu

after testing this , I found the cause to be the Varied Spell Sounds mod , or particularly the SupremeMagicka plugin in it (the plugin we rename to replace the one from Supreme Magicka)

for some reason , whenever I try to load the game with that plugin , the game refuses to load

has anyone else encountered something like this? and is there a way to fix this? how important is the mod for the rest of the guide? (it's marked as core , so is it part of the CR patch or something? can I avoid using it without causing problems?)

We may need to tweak userlist.txt for Late Landscape.esp. I'll look it over later today. If you need to, deactivate the Varied Spell Sounds mod and reactivate your original Supreme Magicka.esp. I'll try to look it over as well. 

For the Morroblivion installation, MO seems to handle BAIN installations very well.  All I did was select all the folders and let it extract and install.  It then asks to extract BSAs and I said yes.  Afterwards, I edited the ini file because to extract the archive, edit the file, repackage...it take a while. Referring to the Special Instructions for MO seems to imply to select on BAIN selections one at a time and I am not certain that is necessary...unless I'm missing something.

Edit: I see now I may have extracted too many BSA's...will do the installation 1 BAIN at a time...

Edited by mcshame

The note on the [MOB] Unofficial Patch says to DO NOT INSTALL: morrowind_ob_-_firemoth_no_more_area_spells.esp if using the custom Morroblivion Overhaul CR Patch.esp

I couldn't find this esp in the pack.  Only MOB_Firemoth_Enemy_Mage_Rebalance.esp.

They are the same files, I just renamed it to be more consistent with other files in the

The note on the [MOB] Unofficial Patch says to DO NOT INSTALL: morrowind_ob_-_firemoth_no_more_area_spells.esp if using the custom Morroblivion Overhaul CR Patch.esp

I couldn't find this esp in the pack.  Only MOB_Firemoth_Enemy_Mage_Rebalance.esp.

They are the exact same file, I just renamed it to be more consistent with the naming scheme of other Unofficial Patch files.  The above note still applies to the renamed file, ie there's no need to install if you plan to use the CR patch.

• +1 1

For the Morroblivion installation, MO seems to handle BAIN installations very well.  All I did was select all the folders and let it extract and install.  It then asks to extract BSAs and I said yes.  Afterwards, I edited the ini file because to extract the archive, edit the file, repackage...it take a while. Referring to the Special Instructions for MO seems to imply to select on BAIN selections one at a time and I am not certain that is necessary...unless I'm missing something.

Edit: I see now I may have extracted too many BSA's...will do the installation 1 BAIN at a time...

There may be a couple of mods that weren't recognized for their BAIN setup, so I added that additional bit in. If the BAIN structure is good, MO will handle it perfectly. I will edit that tidbit and make it a side note so that users aren't confused and think this is for every BAIN structured mod. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Also, I will correct the MOB_Firemoth_Enemy_Mage_Rebalance.esp.

• +1 1

There may be a couple of mods that weren't recognized for their BAIN setup, so I added that additional bit in. If the BAIN structure is good, MO will handle it perfectly. I will edit that tidbit and make it a side note so that users aren't confused and think this is for every BAIN structured mod. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Also, I will correct the MOB_Firemoth_Enemy_Mage_Rebalance.esp.

To your point, I checked the Morroblivion V064 Complete, and doing the bain install brought over everything...verified.

However, the [Fixes] Cobl section, the Bain extraction DID NOT WORK AT ALL.  MO asked if it was a bain installer, so perhaps it was not built well, but your cautious is valid and noted!

Edited by mcshame
  • +1 1

After installing the GOG version, I can also confirm that the meshes listed do indeed have an unnecessary space added just before the file name. This space will need to be deleted to correct the file name.

Edit: I tried to remove the space, but I get a "Rename File" popup message that says "The source and destination file names are the same."

Try unpacking archive renaming the files then rearchiving it.

As for everyone who keeps saying that renaming is not needed as the UOP already includes the files, could you show a screenshot where? Bc the files that are "missing" are in the UOP but without the extra " " so saying that the UOP already includes those " " files does not make any sense to me since I can not find any files in UOP with " " in the name.

Edited by Schvanys_Epitome