wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

Cool can confirm installing Achievments manually in Mod Organizer works. Soooo if I'm getting like 90 second load screens when going to an exterior cell or using COC console command, on an SSD, does that mean too many loose 4K textures? Oddly when I initially load a game from the main menu to an exterior cell it loads very quickly.

Also I'm all for more RPG and lore experiences :) keep up the great work much appreciated brotha

Edited by BoSoxBry

Rambling and staring......

OK I know the MAIN Wiki has taken a beating over the last 2 week.... BUT IT LIVES!!!

For people that are Vanilla oriented.... I thinking adding to the the following

CORE or Plugin? (I'm leaning this way.....)

Weapons of fate.......Glow effect to bullets (night fighting)

3d scopes... integrated.(why? after using it I do not know how the game was played before...)

RGBO....damage balance.

Concealed armor...I think already there

extended weapon mods

Cut weapon mods

I'll bring Synth overhaul either way

Weapon PLUGIN 1

Legendary Modifications.......only LM2 to chest Both armor and PA. Add a Mod to weapons to allow LM2 at level 40. Crafting legendary you have to scrap 6+ legendary and have perks.

Weapon PLUGIN 2

Caliber

Weaponsmith

Addon -War of the commonwealth - A plugin set for FPS players -

remove lm2 restrictions.

add HOLOTAPE to adjust damage settings.

Or should I leave it as it is?

Base extra Mods plugin with Weapon Smith Extend as an addon.

And just add Synth overhaul.

(this would be the most flexible for "I want options Dammit")

Thoughts?

loose textures smash load time.

You can make an empty mod in mo2 called test

copy all the files Landscape files into the test folder in the same order they are in the MODList.

Allow overwriting like NMM.

Compress to ba2 e.g. test - Textures.ba2

then put a blank esp in there with the same name as test <<HERE>>

Then disable all the mods you have compressed.

See if that helps.

But you can try this 1st

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/?tab=2

tab 5   TEXTURE Loading click recommended this will load heaps of textures at 1st start then buffer quite a lot for zone changes

Edited by Gernash

Ok i've gone through the history of the main guide and updated/installed any mods you've added on there. I've yet to do the armorsmith plugin but I've got to admit the alpha page I can't understand.  You've got mods you've already got installed being reinstalled then you want us to remove your workshop rearrangd patch plus more patches?   Also you said that you wereplanning to make war int he commonwealth optional?

I think we're probably rushing you a bit and you're trying to put something out.  I'm going to let you settle and just put them into the main guide then I'll go through as I want to make sure everythings as it should be.

From my point of view for direction I already think they made Fallout 4 to FPs like than the previous games and I 've not actually played a lot of the content in the vanilla game yet (never completed it on my first playthrough decided to wait for a decent mod guide like this and all the DLC).  I'm happy for it to be more RP and more "realistic" but not "sadist" so I'm interested in survival for the needs part of it but I don't think the game should be made harder by just making the bad guys take more damage and our weaposn be weaker.

Hmmm, Actually I'm entertaining myself.

The ALPHA is the "new" patch order from all the mucking around so far it's the easiest "visual" way for me to locate issues and  add mods and keep the different section up to date as at the moment I've just been integrating mods and then  adding a separate patch, which works but is messy.

the section I've posted is for those playing along and they probably understand what is happening, I can feel the tisk tisk tisk from here about the original patches I've been putting out... Now I think it's more honed and I'm happy that it's working so I'm just going back to the core and remaking the patches and making all the descriptions and polishing.

Might take weeks. I'll update the current patches to the new format then just polish it all.

• +1 1

yeah I definitely prefer a more RPG ish fo4. Also, looks solid bro! glad to see you added the synth overhaul as it was the only one missing from the trio of super mutant, raider and synth. Also glad to see you put your own twist to weaponsmith. I belive it is a good solid backbone mod due to the qunatity and quaility of the weapons in one bundle that is approved by all of the individual authors

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5

YA I think so as well. The only other mod auther that's taking on WOF/Caliber/Weaponsmith framework is the pipe gun guy that looks just as good but vanilla based (IMO).

Only issue is that all the Modern weapon mods follow the Weaponsmith path.

The Only "wish" Id Have if he made a vanilla overwrite use his framework for Vanilla gameplay and have a "template" to add receivers to change calibers not the buy from vendor way it is now.

I've completed the Overhaul of core patches and "Basic" Weapon pack for vanilla game play.

I think I'm going to spend some time playing with weapon smith to see if I can make a vanilla overlay then you can just turn "ON/OFF" Modern weapons to suit your game play and have all the interconnections to crafting workbench, ammo workbench, armorsmith and make a couple of "booster" receivers to use with level 50+

Edited by Gernash

I like you thinking bro. personally I love the idea of having the modern weapons so I would choose to have them all. however I can see how some purists will see differently. I am gonna start going through and updating my mod load tommorow with whatever you have added or changed this week in comparison from when I first started talking to you

I have resisted updating because I know you had a lot of movement going on through the week with adding contents for weapons plugin and other patches anf the alpha patch upgrade, etc. I kind of got lost so I said I will wait till tommorow and start over from the beggininng of the wiki and check off what I have already and add what I dont...probably easiest to sort the left mod pane by date and time installed so I can run through the wiki one by one. I know you have been working hard on your gem here dude and we appreciate the hard work. It's a lot of headache to mod a game that isn't as concrete yet as Skyrim, all the while missing half of the wonderful tools we have with skyrim. Keep up your awesome work!!

hard working pack authors are the backbone of bethesda modding, along with all the mod authors. you guys help us learn

The changes will be just to make all the patches simpler to install and understand if you add/edid mods in through FO4Edit.

The weapon packs will be altered to:

Weapon Pack 1: Realistic Vanilla game play :

weapons: damage/recoil/sight sway, lowered Melee damage to make all weapon "feel" real

Loot and energy production Managed. - Scrounger based gamplay (this will be the platform for survival but Normal mode will Feel "Gritty")

Weapon Pack 2: Modern+Vanilla weapons "Building and Shooting"

Open resources high energy production

Loot not managed

PEWPEW + Vanilla Game play + Balanced damage vs Modern Weapons

I'm About 50% through Weapon Pack 1

CORE complete

Edited by Gernash
  • +1 1