wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

From the STEP enblocal.ini/memory guide

VideoMemorySizeMb

This sets the total memory that will be used for the ENBoost dynamic memory allocation. All available VRAM, except for the amount set with ReservedMemorySizeMb, will be used first, and if VideoMemorySizeMb is set to a value higher than total VRAM of the user's videocard, then ENBoost will use system RAM, if necessary, by running instances of enbhost.exe.

Download Boris's VRamSizeTest tool, run VRamSizeDX9.exe, and note the number it shows after "Video memory available." Then, if you are running Windows 7, subtract 170 from that number; if you are running Windows 8 or newer, use the number provided by the tool. Use the result as the variable here. (Example 1: If VRamSizeDX9.exe shows 10240, and you're running Windows 7, you should subtract 170 to get 10070. Example 2: If VRamSizeDX9.exe shows 4064, and you're running Windows 10, you should use 4064.) For more information, please refer to this post.

VideoMemorySizeMb=(see above instructions)

20px-Info-Logo.png
      Notice:Windows 8/10 users: Microsoft has, unintentionally, introduced a memory limit for DirectX 9 games/software. This limit is 4GBs (4096) and there is nothing which can be done to circumvent this limit. For users seeing the VRamSizeTest tool reporting 4064 or similar, this is not a mistake. This is actually the limit for the OS in use and the maximum value you can set the VideoMemorySizeMb to.

???? and.... Not sure how to respond I do not want to debate Video memory Nor Do I want to explain how sh_t works.

if you allocate to much memory memory you will have a bad time. Memory uses page file like access and it works in blocks, the post you linked is for skyrim and a 32bit application which only uses the 4096 allocation FO4 is 64bit and can use everything as per the tool but in Blocks of memory.

Textures and memory

Most textures on the nexus use the ATi compression in gimp that is DX9 if you DL my Road textures they are in DX11 compressed format read up about DX 11 and compression streaming Basically why they use less vram (it's not because they small they are HUGE)

CDT and ILS due to vram_memory issues is because "YOU" the enduser have selected to allocate to much ram and the computer has overwritten the memory "YOU" have allocated hence the reason for the crash and the fault finding I suggested.

That link pisses me off as much as people use the word Optimized

Look if this was coming from people like me who really don't have a background in this stuff then it is one thing. But there's way too many smart and experienced people like Boris, the creator of enb, that are arguing this to just be dismissed. Why do you think they all believe this is the case if it's not? 

I'm not even implying that the problems you referenced is related to it by the way. Like I said, I don't know anything, just repeating what I've heard from others that presumable would know. 

Edited by Aeradom

THE old days "Skyrim" you had to have enbboost as the textures crashed your computer.

Modern times enb is a MAX memory allocation and some of the functionality in comparison to the skyrim version.

you do not need enbboost at all for the game to run you use it to stop HDD usage or use it's internal rendering methods over the vanilla engine.

Bad memory choices

Enduser1 has 16gb memory looks at task manager and sees he is using 4gb of ram 16-4=12 yea allocates 12gb - Wrong

Enduser2 has 16gb memory looks at task manager and sees he is using 4gb of ram and thinks FO4 used 4gb so 16-4-4-8 - Wrongish

Enduser2 will be fine unless he alt tabs and opens a browser or windows runs an update a application run in the background etc ad uses more memory than BAM crash

you need to leave a buffer

if you have 16Gb ram then 4-6Gb can be allocated or you will have random CDT and ILS

or do not have a value at all and let Direct x take care of it and put up with the shudder

or up the texture pre-load which is what they are kinda explaining later in that post and with the "NEW" way memory works (in 64x environments that have been available for over 10years) the best option IMO.

If the new skyrim is 64x all the information will change over night I guarantee that 100%

Even if it is, I don't think many people are going to use it because they'd have to give up their mods. I know in one of Gopher's videos that he was speaking with the SKSE team and it could take months if at all to get the same level of functionality. And without mods, Skyrim just isn't that interesting (to me). 

Beth has stated the mods will carry over but I wonder if mo1 will still be usable if they move to ba2 format then you will see 1 million peoples hitting this gude..... and complaining about skyproc and external app loaders and mod authors qqing aboout updating installers etcetcetc

tannisone has a crystal ball and saw it coming now he will have the Sh_ts because that sh-t storm is coming

Edited by Gernash

I remember Bethesda saying you just need to open the mod in the new Creation Kit and save to make it compatible with Skyrim Special Edition (although I'll wait to see how this actually turns out when SSE is available), but Skyrim Special Edition is a 64-bit executable so mods that require SKSE won't work until after SKSE has been ported to the new engine. You'll also need to use Mod Organizer 2.x when available because Mod Organizer 1.x isn't compatible with and can't hook 64-bit executables.

Also java/Skyproc and any other 32bit installer that dosen't like Virtual folders (MS thing not Tannis thing)

But, I think "as always" people will yell and Bi-tch" at modders to "fix" it and how it inconveniences their lives.. which is the issue...

Edited by Gernash

Beth has stated the mods will carry over but I wonder if mo1 will still be usable if they move to ba2 format then you will see 1 million peoples hitting this gude..... and complaining about skyproc and external app loaders and mod authors qqing aboout updating installers etcetcetc

tannisone has a crystal ball and saw it coming now he will have the Sh_ts because that sh-t storm is coming

For the record, when I spoke of mods, I meant mods that relied on SKSE like Frostfall. And I'm definitely not playing Skyrim without it (I know there are more but Frostfall is the one that comes to mind first). 

@GDSFan

I hate you sooo much

I was just happily adding non conflicting settlement mods then BAM side of the head

I spotted Workshop Rearranged......

This is the main reason I hated building settlement mods I can see hours of time wasting building a menu system for workshops and mod setups arrrrggggggg Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::D:

I hate you sooo much

I was just happily adding non conflicting settlement mods then BAM side of the head

I spotted Workshop Rearranged......

Glad I made your day. if you want I can give you a view link to my OneNote to look over.

Workshop Rearranged conflicts with The Master Plan, but Ethreon has a patch in the optional files section.