wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

Yeah it's probably not the right term.  I mean Level of detail in the distance.  How far out it renders items fully then downgrades them.  pretty much what FAR fixes but int he distance theres a LOT of it.  I'll have a look at the video (wasn't there when I posted originally)

@Gernash I did it. It took my six or eight (or more) bloody hours but I did it.... sort of. I've figured out to convert loose file mods into ba2 format. I need to get a few more things figured out, like the fact that in ba2 format currently After the Fallout is 8 gigs. I think though that's because one of the files I didn't use proper compression on though so I should be able to get that down a bit. However, the overall point is that I know how to do it. Now I just gotta start sending out messages to mod authors to okay converting the mods and what not. But yeah... that's tomorrow. 

Night guys. 

@rhodey Wasn't there something about there being a handicap for that when it came to Window 10 users? 

Edited by Aeradom

remember all non texture go into a single General BA2

and all textures go into a DDS format one, you tick the Archive count box and divide your texture folder size by 4 e.g. textures folder has 8gb of files divide by 4=2 so 2 archives

IF your talking about the Optimization of the vanilla textures (the MODS) then you HAVE to have 9 as they will replace the ones in the falloutout4 folder (don't use them in MO2 it's pointless)

If your Compressing mods into a single folder then create an empty mod open FO4edit and make a new empty overwrite and save it into your empty mod.

remember to call your BA2 archieves after your empty esp i.e.

test.esp

test - main.BA2

test - textures.BA2

or multi texture

test - main.BA2

test - texture1.BA2

test - texture2.BA2

etc

Edited by Gernash

@Gernash I actually am not sure how to make an esp in FO4edit. I did it with the CK, and created the archive using the Archiver program that was mentioned above. It was weird though and I'm not completely with it. See, there seems to be some disagreement on how to go about this. Some people think you need the -main.bsa whereas others have been able to create mods with just the -textures.bsa. and esps in the data folder. And then for some no matter how long they work at it couldn't get it to work. Sparrow ran into this issue with WET it took him a few days apparently to get it sorted.

And no, my purpose wasn't to optimize the vanilla textures. Oddly enough that was easy in comparison (partly because there was set instructions for it). I mentioned this before, but there are so many comments that it's easy to get lost. The file that I converted was the "After The Fallout" mod. I'm actually planning on doing the same with a lot of the older mods and putting them up on the Nexus as I think there's a demand for that sort of thing (with the mod author's permission of course). 

Edited by Aeradom

ya sorry main is in general general format typo

textures are in a SPECIAL BA2 DDS archive this is different to the MAIN/general archive

zzz it's simple

DDS or texture files that have the .dds extension live in BA2 via Achiever2-->settings-->format-->DDS

sound, nif, scripts or any other folder you can think of goes into the - main.ba2 via Achiever2-->settings-->format-->General

the only thing is the /4 thing I said if you want multiple archives.

and if you really want to optimize the streaming of it all then you can configure the mip chunk area but that requires maths(don't stress over it).

Edited by Gernash

@Darthf1

You still have

Armorsmith Extended.esp

Armormsith All DLCs Patch.esp

Can you hover over them and tell me where they are from?

disable Armormsith All DLCs Patch.esp and see if that works

These are from the armorsmith mod, which you updated yesterday in your guide. What i also noticed is that all my guns in my inventory are now prefixed with [10mm] while they use different calibers.

@Darthf1

armorsmith extended only has 1 esp delete and reinstall

Armormsith All DLCs Patch.esp I do not know about have you been merging rather than replace?

weapons or armor with odd naming....

go to settlement

drop on ground

go into build mode

hover over item press tab

retrieve from workstation

Should be renamed

All newly generated items should be named correctly

Edited by Gernash

@Gernash I thought about bringing up the Grasslands update but as it was labeled as a pre-release didn't know if you wanted to use it. Something else I forgot to bring up is in regards to the "HD Retexture Pack - Misc Props", there is 4K optional file. For it to work, you have to install the main mod, then merge that one and this together. 

I just bring it up because I know how much you love 4K. 

@Gernash I know you've done a lot of work in the past few days updating sections, which ones have you done? Because I'm just going to move on past them and work on bringing the others up to date (you know, whenever I wake up as I've put off going to sleep for 4 hours). 

Off to bed then. Just leave me the sections that still need to be gone over and I'll look into them. Don't forget I need you to do those fomods in the misc textures section. No rush on that though, just a reminder. 

Edited by Aeradom

If you read above or has a look I've written the Word "Optimize" everywhere for +9000 feel good option

You know, half the time I don't know what you are saying lol. Read above where? What Optimize? "+9000 feel good option"? Then again, it could be the lack of sleep. Night guys.