wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

@BoSoxBry Assuming I'm correct (which to be fair I figured this stuff out last night so it may not be), I'm pretty sure it follows normal modding conventions of lower in the order takes priority. The reason I'm pretty sure is that when you run the Texture Optimization Project (to optimize the vanilla folders), it's recommended to do that first and then install mods as those mods will then overwrite the vanilla ones. I'll double check and then get back to you. 

@GSDFan Is there a particular reason you don't have a scrapping mod in there? Or is it just you don't think you need it so didn't bother? 

Hey.  Just to let you know I've had a couple of ILS' when going in and out of places in Diamond City.  usually can tell when it's happening as you just get the loading icon bottom left but rest of screen black with no popup or pretty model to look at while you wait.

I know in Skyrim turning off autosaves was a thing as it culd cause issues not sure if it's the same in Fallout 4?  Also I'd hope FO4 doesn't have the same container file thing which you had to fix via increasing memory allocation?  guessing thats a thing of the past but I know until that was discovered ILS' were a thing in Skyrim

@rhodsey Not sure about the first sentence, @Gernash probably be the person to answer that. 

But as to the second paragraph, I can help. Autosaves have been a notorious problem in ever Bethesda game dating back Oblivion. And as Bethesda is loathed to create a new engine, I'm sure that it's the same here. And as to the second question with memory allocation issue, that's actually two different problems at play. See with Skyrim the issue is that the program was 32 bit which there was a 4 GB RAM limit. I put that in bold because the issue now (assuming you are using Windows 10 like I am) has to do with a 4 gb limit on VRAM (as an aside, this is another reason I won't use 4K or 8K textures).The previous one, the Skyrim one, was fixed by things like ENB Boost. This though isn't something modders, or even Bethesda can do. The only ones who can fix the problem at this point are Nvidia and AMD which it's doubtful they ever will. If you'd like to know more (and see just how awful Nvidia fanboys can be) I'd recommend checking out here and here

TL;DR Boris (creator of ENB) says if you are running Fallout 4 on Windows 10 (and maybe Windows 8/8.1), you are capped at the 4GB VRAM limit because Nvidia and AMD certainly aren't going to fix the problem. Oh and don't forget that if your using a GTX 970 like me, you don't actually have 4 full gb or VRAM. Long story

Edited by Aeradom

@rhodsey Not sure about the first sentence, @Gernash probably be the person to answer that. 

But as to the second paragraph, I can help. Autosaves have been a notorious problem in ever Bethesda game dating back Oblivion. And as Bethesda is loathed to create a new engine, I'm sure that it's the same here. And as to the second question with memory allocation issue, that's actually two different problems at play. See with Skyrim the issue is that the program was 32 bit which there was a 4 GB RAM limit. I put that in bold because the issue now (assuming you are using Windows 10 like I am) has to do with a 4 gb limit on VRAM (as an aside, this is another reason I won't use 4K or 8K textures).The previous one, the Skyrim one, was fixed by things like ENB Boost. This though isn't something modders, or even Bethesda can do. The only ones who can fix the problem at this point are Nvidia and AMD which it's doubtful they ever will. If you'd like to know more (and see just how awful Nvidia fanboys can be) I'd recommend checking out here and here

TL;DR Boris (creator of ENB) says if you are running Fallout 4 on Windows 10 (and maybe Windows 8/8.1), you are capped at the 4GB VRAM limit because Nvidia and AMD certainly aren't going to fix the problem. Oh and don't forget that if your using a GTX 970 like me, you don't actually have 4 full gb or VRAM. Long story

ILs = infinite loading screen.  Basically walk through a door and nver come out the other side till you finally give up and end it in Task maanger.  I know it autosaves when you go through a door which was my thinking there.  I'm not thinking of the 4gig cap in 32 bit.  Can't remember the name of it when Sheson fixed it but basically the issue where you have a container file of a set size that when it fills SKyrim then crashes trying to start a second file.  So he fiddled it to just make the first file BIGGER to fix the issue.  Eventually it was just integrated into SKSE.

And Yeah saw that about the 970 only having 3 1/2 with half a gig slower than the rest.  unfortunately not until AFTER i bought the damn thing and I can't get my rebate since i'm not in the US alas.

ILs = infinite loading screen.  Basically walk through a door and nver come out the other side till you finally give up and end it in Task maanger.  I know it autosaves when you go through a door which was my thinking there.  I'm not thinking of the 4gig cap in 32 bit.  Can't remember the name of it when Sheson fixed it but basically the issue where you have a container file of a set size that when it fills SKyrim then crashes trying to start a second file.  So he fiddled it to just make the first file BIGGER to fix the issue.  Eventually it was just integrated into SKSE.

And Yeah saw that about the 970 only having 3 1/2 with half a gig slower than the rest.  unfortunately not until AFTER i bought the damn thing and I can't get my rebate since i'm not in the US alas.

Read carefully on my previous post: 

See with Skyrim the issue is that the program was 32 bit which there was a 4 GB RAM limit. I put that in bold because the issue now (assuming you are using Windows 10 like I am) has to do with a 4 gb limit on VRAM (as an aside, this is another reason I won't use 4K or 8K textures).The previous one, the Skyrim one, was fixed by things like ENB Boost. This though isn't something modders, or even Bethesda can do. The only ones who can fix the problem at this point are Nvidia and AMD which it's doubtful they ever will. If you'd like to know more (and see just how awful Nvidia fanboys can be) I'd recommend checking out here and here

Edited by Aeradom

Read carefully on my previous post: 

Read it but what I'm talking about isn't hitting your max RAM.  It's memory blocks (finally remembered the name of it!).  You could have ram left no problem (I mean not have hit 4gb cap) but Skyrim would still crash or ILS because the memory block got full.  But it might just have been a 32 bit or skyrim thing and the 64 bit version of the engine doesn't have the same issue.

Explained a bit on this page since this was the tool you used to work out how big you needed to make your default memory block https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50471/?

Edited by rhodsey

Read it but what I'm talking about isn't hitting your max RAM.  It's memory blocks (finally remembered the name of it!).  You could have ram left no problem (I mean not have hit 4gb cap) but Skyrim would still crash or ILS because the memory block got full.  But it might just have been a 32 bit or skyrim thing and the 64 bit version of the engine doesn't have the same issue.

Explained a bit on this page since this was the tool you used to work out how big you needed to make your default memory block https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50471/?

Ah okay, just wanted to make sure because with the issue I've mentioned there's been quite a bit of contention as to if the issue was a RAM or VRAM problem. The Geforce forum thread shows a bunch of fanboys arguing with Boris about the thing. 

This is an issue in the Windows Platform so Nvidia and AMD can't do anything about it in the driver layer. The issue was transferred from the Visual Studio team to the Windows Platform team shortly after it was reported and seems to have disappeared down a black hole from there.

This is an issue in the Windows Platform so Nvidia and AMD can't do anything about it in the driver layer. The issue was transferred from the Visual Studio team to the Windows Platform team shortly after it was reported and seems to have disappeared down a black hole from there.

Ah! Thanks for that. I looked for an update on the issue but couldn't find one. The one thing I was sure about is that a solution at this point is doubtful. 

Edited by Aeradom

@GSDFan Is there a particular reason you don't have a scrapping mod in there? Or is it just you don't think you need it so didn't bother? 

I use scrap mods.

Build and Scrap Beyond Workshop Boundaries

Mo Betta Scrap

Crazy Earl's Scrapyard

Scrap Everything

Unofficial Scrap Patch from

fireundubh's Fallout 4 Mods

From <https://fireundubh.github.io/fallout4/>

I just let loot order these so there is some overlap.

@GSDFan Oh wow, didn't expect there to be that many scrap mods. I was just thinking of Scrap Everything but I can certainly see the benefit of that stuff. So those four mods and then the patch? 

I'm assuming that since I've been gone they fixed the cell reset issue? I know there an issue on working outside of the boundaries with Place Everywhere at one point... 

@Aeradom, I don't build outside the boundaries too much . I use Build and Scrap Beyond Workshop Boundaries mainly to scrap outside them. Nice thing about this mod is it will attach to the closets known workshop and use that for storage. It also removes the height limit for the workshop.

The cell reset was fixed in one of the Beth updates, so that is gone.

remember all non texture go into a single General BA2

and all textures go into a DDS format one, you tick the Archive count box and divide your texture folder size by 4 e.g. textures folder has 8gb of files divide by 4=2 so 2 archives

IF your talking about the Optimization of the vanilla textures (the MODS) then you HAVE to have 9 as they will replace the ones in the falloutout4 folder (don't use them in MO2 it's pointless)

If your Compressing mods into a single folder then create an empty mod open FO4edit and make a new empty overwrite and save it into your empty mod.

remember to call your BA2 archieves after your empty esp i.e.

test.esp

test - main.BA2

test - textures.BA2

or multi texture

test - main.BA2

test - texture1.BA2

test - texture2.BA2

etc

I could be wrong on this, but from all my research, I don't think for a texture mod, you need a main.ba2. My understanding is that archive is for storing meshes, materials, scripts and the like. Like if you go to the FAR mod, you'll see there's no main.ba2 there. 

Edited by Aeradom

YAWN!!!!! Soo much Spam in mail box...

@GDSFan

Thanks for the list I'll Rummage through it and.

64bit os memory management and enb

sigh: 64x uses anything available to it vram+memory+hdd if you use ENB you "CAP" the memory to a set MAX if the game runs out of memory it crashes(CDT).

Why cap memory?: you do not want to use hdd as it's slow and causes a shudder if you can only get your game to run at 30fps then you don't want shudder.

ILS memory test: if you have an area that you can ILS all the time then

enblocal.ini

[MEMORY]
ForceVideoMemorySize=false
VideoMemorySizeMb=8192

IF no more ILS or CDT then you have allocated too much ram to enbboost
IF ILS Persists I'll give you another step.... :woot: