SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

hey guys take note of the new instructions for ELFX:

Known Game Breaking Bug:Problem: During the main quest at the Thalmor embassy you can't get through the door to continue on with the main quest.Solution: Delete Cell \ Block 7 \ Sub-Block 4 \ 0007C98B  from EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

Special Thanks to user AyaJulia for this one. It might mean the lighting is a little off in the Thalmor Embassy but smeg it I would rather have lighting being a little off instead of a game breaking bug.

I know what you mean about stealing Lexy in game, and trying to maintain a clean sheet so to speak, but for me that is a bit OCD about completing EVERY QUEST in game, there will come the time you have to face Brynjolf and your 250 stolen items to join the t/guild. For me the one i truly detest is accidental killing as murder...you take a swing with your bad ass sword at an enemy, and your pesky mule steps in the way, and hey presto you are up for murder..why i hate followers, and not to mention putting off the D/Brotherhood quest. Defending one's self is one thing, out right assassination quiet another...and yes thank you to Memnochs(your mod and fixes), Nebulous(tireless work in the background) and Ayajulia (didn't know about setownership) and of course our precious tireless defender/worker, of this guide LEXY :clap:  :thumbsup: 

I really wish I hadn't looked up the definition of smeg/smegma. :sick:

Roflmao! This was awesome.

On another note, Install completed, in character creation.  Going to do and Battle Cleric of sorts (starting out as a Vigilant). Going to use the Battle Cleric/Priest from Tamriel Vault as a base.  Not sure of direction just yet, he may take an evil turn later on.  Will have multiple followers (3 or 4: More than likely Inigo, Sofia, Tocatta, and Jessi the Barbarous Beauty).  I am not familiar with the ramped up difficulty in this load out, so the number of followers I use may vary.

Is Adept setting recommended for a first run through?  It is nice to be back to the SRLE Extended family.  SSE is really nice, but I just can't quite do what I want with it.  I know I could use the alpha of skse64.  But I'll be more comfortable once (if ever) it goes beta.  Creation Club sucks will never use it.

Thanks every one for all your hard work on SRLE Extended LotD.  This first run through will not be an all out relic hunter.  I just want to do Skyrim, DG, DB, and then finish the main quest.  2nd go round will be an all out relic hunter.  Wish me luck.

Edited by Kneph13

BAH

So I finally got around to play The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, and it was a blast, really enjoyed it. But when i returned to Skyrim, whatever filter GCON was using on its visuals is now superimposed on my base game, and nothing other than reverting to a save before i ever started the mod changes it. does anyone have a clue why this might happen and/or how to fix it without having to lose all my progress???

here's what my game looks like before i started GCON

https://www.dropbox.com/s/913sv8v0h25pjpt/Before.bmp?dl=0

and here's once i returned to the regular worldspace

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3yxoankl0cprsx/After.bmp?dl=0

BAH

So I finally got around to play The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, and it was a blast, really enjoyed it. But when i returned to Skyrim, whatever filter GCON was using on its visuals is now superimposed on my base game, and nothing other than reverting to a save before i ever started the mod changes it. does anyone have a clue why this might happen and/or how to fix it without having to lose all my progress???

here's what my game looks like before i started GCON

https://www.dropbox.com/s/913sv8v0h25pjpt/Before.bmp?dl=0

and here's once i returned to the regular worldspace

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3yxoankl0cprsx/After.bmp?dl=0

Figured it out. the mod gives you a ring to detect all chests around you, and for some reason when i unequipped it one time it stopped working as intended but left the visual effects in place. re-equipping then unequipping it fixed my game. though now i almost want to go back and replay the gray cowl seeing as i played a large chunk of it with that wierd effect in place... I knew some of those dungeons were just way too dark... bet the whole mod looks totally different haha. too bad. i made too much progress to go back now. was fun anyway :)

DarkladyLexy, have you ever consider having a Discord channel for your guide? US has one and it's quite active and organized. 

No I haven't never used Discord so I am unfamiliar with it. If you guys think it worth it I can look into it.

Is Adept setting recommended for a first run through?

yes it is. or for the first few levels at least. I've just bumped mine up to Master difficulty

Just a quick question (and probably vent). This guide ends up pretty much stable right?

I went through Falskaar on my new character no problems but in Skyrim I just can't play consistently without a CTD. Sometimes it's on fast travel, sometimes it's when trying to save a game, and sometimes is just out of the blue. The trouble I'm having is there is NO consistency to it. Fast travel crash? Reload and it goes just fine. Quicksave crash? Reload and no problems for the next 30 minutes. Crash out of the blue in combat? Reload and get through that same fight no problems.

I'm thinking of the burning my install and starting over from scratch. It seems easier than tracking down unreproducable CTDs. Thoughts?

This guide is pretty stable, i use it since more then 1 year without any problem. Almost all of the time, this kind of problem is due to how your game and / or SKSE, Crash fixes and enboost are configured.

Starting over from scratch permit to be sure to have a good start. It is always easier to find a problem that you face when you are sure that your setup is good and tested (as this one).