SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I get some of these too. I don't use the quicksave feature, and there's an SKSE plugin loaded near the beginning that disables that anyway, so that when you use the hotkey is does a full save. Most of what you are, like me, experienceing as far as crashes are concerned, can be attributed to Skyrim's quirkiness. For me, some may be attributed to the fact I have a well out-of-date PC System (AMD FX 8320 CPU, Geoforce GTX 750Ti 2gig Video card and 16gig DDR3 RAM). Honestly I sometimes wonder I can play Vanilla Skyrim, let alone heavily-modded as this guide is.

Frustrating as it is, best just to put up with it... you'll never be able to prevent crashes from occuring, no matter how you re/configure your Load Order, invest in better, updated hardware. Save very often; if you die, close out of the game entirely, not rely on the auto-load from last save; Fast Travel as little as possible; Try not to run around like a blue-arsed fly everywhere - gives the game and/or your system to load the area you're traveling. Even with those tips and more, the occasional crash will occur, that's just Skyrim being Skyrim

I was using gtx 750ti before same as you and the same amount of ddr3 ram. Only difference is my cpu i7-4770. But before I was having the same issue with crashing and it turns out when I tested it with different profile, the crash caused by too many 2K textures. In my test profile I only have mountains with 2K textures while the rest is 1K and the crashes stopped. I mean not completely stopped though just reduced.

I was thinking the crashes sometimes could related to the vram even though it is not showing in SPM, but pushing the your vram way out of your limits could causes issue tbh. Might want to try what I did there.

But since I changed to 1070ti my 1K texture profiles runs way smoother without no more crashes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

@AyaJulia - I believe I've heard you mention this problem of saves taking forever when using skeleton and animation mods... haven't researched at all, but I use just about everything the guide does other than PCEA, and don't have any problem with long save times - whether auto, quick, or simply full saving over top of an existing save.  Interested to know if this long save time is an issue for many/all users of the guide?  If not, there may be a problem on your end?

regarding 'Equip Best Ammo' - the functionality of Auto Unequip Ammo is that it remembers your commonly equipped ammo, and I believe can be used to pair certain ammo with certain bows (though I've never really used the equip sets feature).  If you ask me this is preferable to just auto-equipping your highest damage arrows/bolts.  I frequently carry multiple arrow types with me, and save the more common ones for common use, preferring to save the higher damage ones for tough fights.  EBA is actually counter productive to at least my desires.

@AyaJulia - Interested to know if this long save time is an issue for many/all users of the guide?  If not, there may be a problem on your end?

I've found a few sources out there that traces this issue to skeleton mods. Here's one. And another. And a third (post 35). There are many more. Not even remotely close to a problem on my end.... Perhaps it would be best to do a cursory check before suggesting the person you're talking to didn't do their homework. Just for civility's sake. Benefit of the doubt and all.

Anyway, It only surfaces when you don't modify the save behavior the way the guide recommends, as I said. The guide completely destroys any possibility the game will try to overwrite an old save file with a new one using the same filename. If you try to tweak that thinking you wouldn't prefer that behavior, this issue happens. So I warn people away from straying from the guide in that regard, and I feel like the guide could mention why it recommends those changes for someone who might not understand how save files can misbehave - as I didn't, at first.

That said, I came here with my own issue to ask about -

Does anyone know which texture mod is misbehaving in this shot? The locks on the side of the stone coffins are untextured.

Thanks in advance~

@ AyaJlia I must say I have never expected the issue with Skeleton mods and saving taking ages probably because I have always done a new HARD save every time. I don't really use Quick (That is until the disable qucik save mod we use was added) and I never overwrite an old save and Auto saves are turned off. I probably should make some mention about it but I am not what to say on the matter or where but i am always open to suggestions.

Also where is that coffin?

Edit: I have just realized that Auto save on pause was still turned on so have added bSaveOnPause=0 to the POST BETHINI TWEAKS SECTION so now all auto saves should be off.

@Lexy pardon the missing detail - that coffin is in Markarth's Hall of the Dead.

Regarding wording - I don't know, anything simple such as... "These changes are intended to provide the player with a large number of backup points, as well as to correct critical bugs that may occur with overwritten saves. Regardless of personal preference, they are generally accepted as mandatory when running a heavily-modded Skyrim."

regarding 'Equip Best Ammo' - the functionality of Auto Unequip Ammo is that it remembers your commonly equipped ammo, and I believe can be used to pair certain ammo with certain bows (though I've never really used the equip sets feature).  If you ask me this is preferable to just auto-equipping your highest damage arrows/bolts.  I frequently carry multiple arrow types with me, and save the more common ones for common use, preferring to save the higher damage ones for tough fights.  EBA is actually counter productive to at least my desires.

100% agree

@Lexy pardon the missing detail - that coffin is in Markarth's Hall of the Dead.

Ok I have had a look and I too have missing textures on coffins locks now I really can't think of any mod we have that effects coffins but the last esp to effect coffins looks to be USLEEP Maybe Arthmoor Missed the texture in the last update?

Well, just wanted to thank you for this awesome guide, been following it over the past few weeks and constantly updating and also playing a fair amount, love the addition and integration of Legacy of the Dragonborn plugin, adds really well to what I think the core loop of skyrim of just going out and exploring and dungeon delving that I think Skyrim does so well. I do have to say it has been running pretty well all things considered and how I am running it, which is under Linux with Wine and Gallium-Nine which I can use with an AMD card, probably get close to native performance with that patch to wine. About the only things out of the entire guide that I have not been able to do is run ddsopt or the Enb, which while unfortunate is not the end of the world. Performance seems to be a solid 60 on my Nitro Fury, which has 4 gigs of ram. About the only issue I have during running is it does run out of Vram fairly often and then stutters for a bit as it refills the buffer. Unfortunately for whatever reason it seems I can't address more than 3.2-3.45 gigs out of the card to skyrim, as when it reaches that point it will immediately purge the vram down to 2 gigs or so. Also for whatever reason my card does not like textures without mipmaps so it would do the dreaded blue textures on some things, so had to go through and add mipmaps to the textures that didn't have it. Are there any easy textures that I can easily bump down a notch or two to free up that few hundred megs of vram so it doesn't get the stuttering? Just curious if there are any low hanging fruit, might also try to strip out the parallax textures as they don't work right as I have only Enb Boost enabled. Anyway, thanks for the great pack, been fun to put together and fun to play! Oh, and thanks for the suggestion for that SafeAutosave a bit earlier in the thread, was looking for an automatic save manager for a little while as I don't have the best habit of saving often.

JDGBOLT Hi! I will be the first to admit I'm no expert with computers and there workings etc but as Redvilzz mentioned in an earlier post today, you can go though the guild again and substitute 2k textures for 1k textures which may help with memory problem, also possibly Nobles skyrim mod, skyrim flora overhaul and trees/grass mods as they tend to hit fairly hard. In the past it was advised for people with less vram to: CrashFixPlugin.ini

It is advised to adjust the following in your SKSE/Plugins/CrashFixPlugin.ini file:

[Patch]

UseOSAllocators=1AlignHeapAllocate=1

It is recommend to set these as well to avoid memory fragmentation

CustomMemoryBlock=1CustomMemoryBlockTotalSizeMb=128 (this value is system dependant; set it to 64 and increase little by little until the ingame console shows the memory blocks between 80-90% and none to 100%)

However Memnoch would be the best to advise on this and to read his guide Stability Performance Optimization ENB Configuration - a Comprehensive Guide by Sthaagg if you haven't already

@ AyaJulia - not sure why what I said was offensive?  I don't disable auto-saves and do overwrite old saves and don't experience this issue.  All of my saves take about as long as they did in vanilla, as far as I can recall - they cause a small stutter every now and then, but that is all.  I wasn't trying to say - you screwed something up, dummy.  I just meant maybe there is something particular to your setup that is highlighting this issue.

I've got a pretty beefy rig, perhaps that's why I've never noticed?  From what I could tell the post Greg linked seemed to suggest SKSE plugins contribute to it?