SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

so been redoing the wheels of Lull quest a boy does it do my head in biggest piece of advise for the smegging mine DON'T TAKE FOLLOWERS.

Well I have somehow managed to break the Wheels of Lull I have reached the bottom on the mine but the quest wont advance so I a stuck.

Well I guess since i can't do anything and the quest won't advance I will have to abandon those saves revert to before i entered the mine and try again later.

Will have multiple followers (3 or 4: More than likely Inigo, Sofia, Tocatta, and Jessi the Barbarous Beauty).  I am not familiar with the ramped up difficulty in this load out, so the number of followers I use may vary.

Is Adept setting recommended for a first run through? 

You may find things to be very easy with multiple followers, even if you crank the base difficulty up.  This can be especially true since your followers are immortal, so what ends up happening is that one follower goes down into the bleedout animation, another starts getting attacked, and by the time the 2nd is in bleedout the first has recovered.  Add that onto the fact that some custom followers have ridiculous stats from the beginning, and I was having trivial short fights everywhere (except dragons) on Master difficulty.

If you do start running into the issue with OP followers, make sure to check out the mod "Ashien's Cursed Rings - Balance - Challenge - Weaken Followers" from the guide.  There are rings found nearby Riverwood that you equip on your followers to effectively nerf them.

Hi all, just a question can I replace the disable autosaves and replace it with the below, or should I keep the diabled autosaves and just add the following?

Disable all autosave, autosave can occurs at bad moment and could lead to corrupt savegame or CTDs
[saveGame]
bDisableAutoSave=1

If you are like me and forget to save all the time, I strongly suggest you to use SafeAutosave and disable all autosave option in Skyrim settings.

Hi all, just a question can I replace the disable autosaves and replace it with the below, or should I keep the diabled autosaves and just add the following?

If you followed the guide you should already have (in SkyrimPrefs.ini):

bSaveOnPause=0

bSaveOnRest=0

bSaveOnTravel=0

bSaveOnWait=0

This makes bDisableAutoSave redundant, since we've already turned off the individual auto-save fields.  If you had left those individual fields at 1, bDisableAutoSave would override that setting, but in our case it should make no difference.

Edited by Eudeyrn

Just a quick question (and probably vent). This guide ends up pretty much stable right?

I went through Falskaar on my new character no problems but in Skyrim I just can't play consistently without a CTD. Sometimes it's on fast travel, sometimes it's when trying to save a game, and sometimes is just out of the blue. The trouble I'm having is there is NO consistency to it. Fast travel crash? Reload and it goes just fine. Quicksave crash? Reload and no problems for the next 30 minutes. Crash out of the blue in combat? Reload and get through that same fight no problems.

I'm thinking of the burning my install and starting over from scratch. It seems easier than tracking down unreproducable CTDs. Thoughts?

I get some of these too. I don't use the quicksave feature, and there's an SKSE plugin loaded near the beginning that disables that anyway, so that when you use the hotkey is does a full save. Most of what you are, like me, experienceing as far as crashes are concerned, can be attributed to Skyrim's quirkiness. For me, some may be attributed to the fact I have a well out-of-date PC System (AMD FX 8320 CPU, Geoforce GTX 750Ti 2gig Video card and 16gig DDR3 RAM). Honestly I sometimes wonder I can play Vanilla Skyrim, let alone heavily-modded as this guide is.

Frustrating as it is, best just to put up with it... you'll never be able to prevent crashes from occuring, no matter how you re/configure your Load Order, invest in better, updated hardware. Save very often; if you die, close out of the game entirely, not rely on the auto-load from last save; Fast Travel as little as possible; Try not to run around like a blue-arsed fly everywhere - gives the game and/or your system to load the area you're traveling. Even with those tips and more, the occasional crash will occur, that's just Skyrim being Skyrim

@DarkladyLexy: I noticed that Immersive horse page offers an esp tagged properly, it could be a good idea to add it ?

@bekcicandrej: Eudeyrn is right, it does the same ;), SaferAutosave is an excellent mod and conflicts with nothing, If you wish to use it, I suggest to bind its key to F5.

How will this work with Auto Unequip Ammo's equip sets?  Would it just override any equip sets with what Equip Best Ammo determines to be the "best" ammo in your inventory?

not sure might best to ask underthesky

@DarkladyLexy: I noticed that Immersive horse page offers an esp tagged properly, it could be a good idea to add it ?

I'll take a look.

not sure might best to ask underthesky

OK, I added a comment on the mod page, and I'll do some testing on my own.  I think we might just need to change the MCM settings for Auto Unequip Ammo to not use equip sets, since it sounds like they are redundant with this new mod.

@Eudeyrn: I know but the one from SaferAutosave is a little bit different, it includes it in its autosave system and restart the timer, it's combine the convenience of "quicksaves" (even if it is not exactely a quicksave) with the rotating slot scheduler of autosaves.

Edited by memnochs

@Eudeyrn: I know but the one from SaferAutosave is a little bit different, it includes it in its autosave system and restart the timer, it's combine the convenience of "quicksaves" (even if it is not exactely a quicksave) with the rotating slot scheduler of autosaves.

Gotcha, I misunderstood its purpose.  I'm so paranoid about crashes that I save constantly, but it sounds like a nice convenience for those who aren't so diligent about saving :)

Not sure how the mod you mentioned works, but "rotating slot" concerns me. The problem with quick and auto saves is the fact that this guide heavily uses skeleton and animation mods. Skeleton and animation mods causes any save that overwrites an old save file to take minutes.

As long as your mod is always creating a NEW file with a NEW filename, it should be fine. If it doesn't, as soon as it starts trying to overwrite stuff, your saves will take ages to process.

(I personally have removed all skeleton/animation changes from my game; cleaning out thousands of save files a week just so I have a second sheath and make a weird noise when I absorb a dragon soul isn't a trade-off I feel is worthwhile)

Edited by AyaJulia