SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I'm going through and re-installed this and I've reached Skyrim Flora Overhaul. It looks like Tall Pines completely overwrites the SFO Billboards. Is this correct or did I install something incorrectly?

Special Installation: Install ONLY the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

Tall Pines:

• meshes/landscape/trees folder
  • textures/terrain/LODGen/Skyrim.esm/TreePineForest04*

Special Installation: Install ONLY the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

Tall Pines:

• meshes/landscape/trees folder
  • textures/terrain/LODGen/Skyrim.esm/TreePineForest04*

Ugh!!!! I read that wrong and install all but those! :P Thinking maybe I better take a break ...

Just a heads up: The guide advises to install Optional Files as seperate mods, so when installing Northgirl Armor people following this practice will have two mods - the main mod and the Gamwich retexture. When doing the Weapons & Armors merge, only the main file is included but the resulting merge is put after Wayfarer's Coat further down the order, overwriting the Gamwich textures with the original textures again.

So, I've already written on the Nexus forums of LOTD about my problem, but since they never heard of the problem and it might be related to load order (so they said at least), I thought I might ask if anyone here ever ran into the same issue and has a solution.

When I'm in the library of the museum, the books in the cases for the multi-volume collections (Biography of Barenziah and the like) become invisible each time I load a save game. It's also only after loading a save, I can even see them fading out when I save and reload standing in front of the book cases. They are still in the book cases, I just can't see them anymore. I can take them out, put them back in and see them in there, until I load the save again. Also, my two trophy heads in the Hall of Secrets disappeared, or have gone invisible as well, can't really check, since you can't just take them out like the books.

Anyone ever had this problem? Not trying to outsource solving load order problems to you guys, but maybe I'm in luck and not the first one using this guide ro stumble upon this issue.

:cool: Just move the Gamwich ones if needed. Or in that case merge the Optional with the main mod. There's always ways around things :)

Needing help was not really the point of my post ;) It was just a heads up - maybe the suggested position of the merge could be changed - because I bet a few people out there unknowingly play with the standard Northgirl textures and miss out.

So, I've already written on the Nexus forums of LOTD about my problem, but since they never heard of the problem and it might be related to load order (so they said at least), I thought I might ask if anyone here ever ran into the same issue and has a solution.

When I'm in the library of the museum, the books in the cases for the multi-volume collections (Biography of Barenziah and the like) become invisible each time I load a save game. It's also only after loading a save, I can even see them fading out when I save and reload standing in front of the book cases. They are still in the book cases, I just can't see them anymore. I can take them out, put them back in and see them in there, until I load the save again. Also, my two trophy heads in the Hall of Secrets disappeared, or have gone invisible as well, can't really check, since you can't just take them out like the books.

Anyone ever had this problem? Not trying to outsource solving load order problems to you guys, but maybe I'm in luck and not the first one using this guide ro stumble upon this issue.

Addendum to my previous post, since I might have to delve into the load order. Is this load order at the top of the guide manually adjusted and the recommended order for the guide? Because mine looks kinda different, judging from a first short comparison, FNIS for example being much lower in the priority list. Maybe that's causing my issue in the first place.

Edited by AlexTU

AlexTU hi! Run Loot first and then manually adjust your load order to match(That is if you are following this guide). I don't have all suggested mods here (90% of), but manually adjust after loot to look similar to Darth's load order at the top of the main page guide. Fnis should not be that low down, it deals with animation mods. Not sure of your disappearing act but may be a texture error. Wiser heads may be able to help here, pypyrus logs may indicate the fault, but I'm not clued up on that...Berndaroy..PS Nozzer in regards to 600 pages...well the baby just keeps on growing and a long way from when our grand master first started this this beast of a project....Bet he never expected this out come LOL :rofl: :bleh:

Edited by berndaroy

Needing help was not really the point of my post ;) It was just a heads up - maybe the suggested position of the merge could be changed - because I bet a few people out there unknowingly play with the standard Northgirl textures and miss out.

Actually: The instructions already suggest to merge the optional file with the main file on installation. If you didn't then go back and do it now.

i noticed that yesterday so i added -Xmx1024m to the DSR argument section of MO's Executables.

DSR Does take a very long time to patch but it does eventually complete. It really needs an overhaul but that will never happen.

If it helps using SUM (Skyproc Unified Manager) is easier to set up the memory also to run every skyproc at once rather than one at a time. Been using this since the beginning and it works great.

Thanks! Yes, the VRAM is another candidate. I am just trying to eliminate other probable causes because if it is VRAM, the Autumn Patch for Win10 will fix it.

Try lowering/removing a couple of graphic mods I guess or just install the insider build if you can't wait to play now before the official update is released. You can just activate it later on.

I've got this issue that's driving me insane and was wondering if anyone could help! Essentially my game will load up fine but not have any of the options such as start game, it just has the emblem. I've narrowed it down to the CR esp and the NPC Retexture CR esp, for some reason when just one or both are loaded my menus just won't appear. I have removed immersive weapons, better vampires and ELFX. On both I created dummies removed any errors and cleaned the masters. Please help! I'm so close to having an incredible Skyrim I just can't press start :(

From my experience that is caused by some kind of errors in the CR, did you make sure both of the CR have no errors in them?

hey I have finally decided to create a spreedsheet for the NPC Retetxure section so we all know which NPC is affected by with mod. you find the spreedsheet here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18YrpbqJhf-cQj423ePUi2vF_Thf4Jp0j4uyGvqVwszo/edit?usp=sharing if anyone is up for actually helping editing it PM me and I'll look at giving you editing rights.

If I have time tomorrow I'll put together a quick script that will just dump that info for you. Should be fairly trivial with zEdit

PM me a link to a zip file of just the ESP/ESM s in question and their load order.

This will be nice, so we can know which NPCs are not overhauled yet. Thank you.

Edited by reddvilzz

If I have time tomorrow I'll put together a quick script that will just dump that info for you.  Should be fairly trivial with zEdit

PM me a link to a zip file of just the ESP/ESM s in question and their load order.

jdsmith reached out to me to make this script, and I threw it together.  Here ya go:

let npcs = xelib.GetRecords(0, 'NPC_');
let data = [];

let shouldSkipNpc = function(npc) {
    return xelib.HasElement(npc, 'TPLT') ||
        xelib.GetFlag(npc, 'ACBS\\Flags', 'Is CharGen Face Preset');
};

npcs.forEach(function(npc) {
    let winningNpc = xelib.GetWinningRecord(npc);
    if (shouldSkipNpc(winningNpc)) return;
    let npcName = xelib.FullName(winningNpc);
    if (!npcName) return;
    let isFemale = xelib.GetFlag(winningNpc, 'ACBS\\Flags', 'Female');
    let winningMod = xelib.GetElementFile(winningNpc);
    data.push({
        name: npcName,
        formID: xelib.Hex(xelib.GetFormID(winningNpc, false, true), 8),
        winningMod: xelib.GetFileName(winningMod),
        comments: ''
    });
});

let headers = ['NPC Name', 'Gender', 'FormID', 'Winning Mod', 'Comments'];
let output = [headers.join(',')];
data.forEach(function(npc) {
    output.push(Object.values(npc).join(','));
});

output = output.join('\r\n');
fh.saveTextFile('exported_npcs.csv', output);

Appears to be working for me, though there will be some NPCs included which you may not want to include.  I tried to exclude as many undesirable NPCs as possible be excluding ones that used templates, didn't have a FULL name, or had the Is CharGen Face Preset flag set.

Here's the output of a run with the current zEdit alpha build on just Skyrim.esm + DLCs: https://puu.sh/xHuY7.csv

Edited by Mator