SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Just to share with you that I'm down to Relighting Skyrim with wrye bash and just ran a test of the game. Sorted load order with loot, sorted masters with tes5edit, moved plugins with missing masters (will be added later) after the bashed patch and deactivated them, rebuilt and activated the bashed patch and there you go - solid green mods tab and the game is running beautifully and flawlessly! Already with over 100 mods, all the fixes, UI, tons of new and modified quests, base textures, ENB, weathers and lighting - no flora yet but the game already looks beautiful and fast! MCM working!

Haven't had time for extensive testing yet, but I'm happy it runs and doesn't pop any errors! Not bad for a noob :D Who also figured out how to use mod organizer as a HELPER TOOL with wrye bash. Disclaim: I love mod organizer. The reason I'm doing this with wrye bash is plain curiosity. Still, I see some irony in using mod organizer as an auxiliary tool for wrye bash ;) Ask me and I'll tell you how and why!

How? And Why? :)

Is it possible to tweak the grass parameters to make the tundra look more like this 27636-4-1354357605.jpgI don't consider it the epitome of grass beauty, it's just an exampe. My tundra grass after I'm done with this guide is so dense and tall that I can never find corpses of enemies I kill, let alone carcasses of wolves or other small beasts. This may not be a problem to everyone so that's why I'm asking if it's possible to tweak without changing anything in the mods.

try this in skyrim.ini

iMinGrassSize=100

Is it possible to change from Vivid Weathers to another weathers mod? I'm not such a fan of the fantasy side of vivid... Is it possible to list, in short, which mods would have to be adjusted if I changed vivid for Purity or CoT, for example? Something more photo-realistic is what I'm after. There are tons of patches in this load order, so any help with picking them out would be welcome.

holy ****, I take a break from Skyrim for a while and come back to this ******* fusion masterpiece of Neovalyn's guide and Mathias's Guide into one work of beauty. Can't say how many times over the past few years I have did a reinstall of Neovalyn's guide and eventually the combo of both. Thank all of you so much for keeping up the stellar guide. Best pack guide on the web by far. especially since I have always dreamed of LoTD being integrated into something. I remember when Mathias started that guide it was a ginormous headache. I have been an Icecreamassasin fan since that god mods inception and this guide is the culmination of so much hard work from you authors. I wonder if he knows about this.....Kudos!

holy ****, I take a break from Skyrim for a while and come back to this ******* fusion masterpiece of Neovalyn's guide and Mathias's Guide into one work of beauty. Can't say how many times over the past few years I have did a reinstall of Neovalyn's guide and eventually the combo of both. Thank all of you so much for keeping up the stellar guide. Best pack guide on the web by far. especially since I have always dreamed of LoTD being integrated into something. I remember when Mathias started that guide it was a ginormous headache. I have been an Icecreamassasin fan since that god mods inception and this guide is the culmination of so much hard work from you authors. I wonder if he knows about this.....Kudos!

thank yes i do know how much work i have put in. Not many know the back story to the guide so i will tell it:

it was August 2015 after I had completed Dragon Age Inquisition for the first time and needed some to occupy my time cos work was slow so i decided to return to the old faithful Skyrim and Neo's SRLE. After reinstalling SRLE for the umpteenth time I started a little forum post about what mods I wanted to add on top of it and with help from the community I narrowed down a list. It was from that forum and a big nudge from my girlfriend (now my lovely wife Lexy) that in January 2016 started a small Wiki known as SRLE Extended. Over the next few months the guide grew and grew with a lot of help from the likes of Paul666Root, Hishutup, JD and Nebulous112, Whetstone (just to name a few).  I must admit I have been totally blown away by the response to it, I never ever expected really to pay attention to it or for it to take off as much as it has.

So it from the Original SRLE Extended forum someone (i can't remember who now) asked if Legacy of the Dragonborn could be added to my guide. Having known about LOTD but never really paid much attention to LOTD in the past I was unsure. So I started to take a look at it. It was in July 2016 I decided to take the bull by the horns and started my new wiki SRLE Extended LOTD. I have a working Beta within a few weeks (mostly thanks to the months of work that had already been put in).

As many of you know Lexy gave birth to our twin girls on the 11th August 2016 (and yes that was also my birthday too). So after the birth of the twins my time was very limited and I lost a lot of enthusiasm for this guide. So in September user Paul666Root started to looked after things in my absences. After him and JD decided to create there SRLE Requiem guide I was fully content to abandon the guide and gave it over the community but we all know I just can't leave things alone.

I was happily plodding along tweaking and sort of maintaining things not really caring to much. It was in January 2017 Nozzer said he was happy to step in and help make the guide standalone from Neos guide which was actually what you guys on the forums had been pestering me to do for months well ever since Neo abandoned his guide this guide was getting very difficult to install with the loss of mod authors and thus broken compatibly.

Anyway another big kick up the bum this time from my oldest daughter I sat down and with Nozzer's help we made the guide standalone which I admit really should of been done from the start but hey I was a lazy arse, but by starting back up I got a passion back.

So in summary yes I am fully aware of the amount of work that has gone in to this guide not only by me but every single one of you guys on the community. It is you guys and this community that keep me going to maintain and constantly improve things.

Edited by Darth_mathias
  • +1 1

well said bro, I may have been one of the ones bugging you waay back to integrate LoTD..Lol I bugged Neovalyn back in the day too. No-one wanted to tackle the daunting task due to the sheer size and complexity of Icecreamassasin's creation. Also, I clealry missed quite a bit so mega congrats on the kiddies and the wifey! I have two kids myself and I know how much they take over your life haha. Family is always first, especially kids. 

well said bro, I may have been one of the ones bugging you waay back to integrate LoTD..Lol I bugged Neovalyn back in the day too. No-one wanted to tackle the daunting task due to the sheer size and complexity of Icecreamassasin's creation.

yes now i think about it might of actually been you who asked about Legacy of the dragonborn integration with my original SRLE Extended and yes even I was intimidated by it at first but with a lot of help we got there or 95% there just a few little annoyances lingering around.

Edited by Darth_mathias
  • +1 1

I just completed The Forgotten City (around lvl 40ish) and it was rather buggy and I needed to use a few console commands to complete it.

Whether this was Skyrim being Skyrim, TFC being buggy or incompatibilities in the guide I don't know, just thought I should give you a heads up :)

I just completed The Forgotten City (around lvl 40ish) and it was rather buggy and I needed to use a few console commands to complete it.

Whether this was Skyrim being Skyrim, TFC being buggy or incompatibilities in the guide I don't know, just thought I should give you a heads up :)

be would nice to know what bugs you had just saying you had bugs doesn't really help if it is some sort of incompatibilities in the guide

ahh sorry..

Everything was working okay up until after I killed the Arbiter the first time. I did have some minor issues with quest steps not showing as completed in the Journal (like give Habiq back the ring), but after I killed the Arbiter and reset the timeline (first one for me btw) the automatons were still "awake" and attacking everyone. The tunnel to the arbiter would block off every time I entered it etc..

I "solved" it with MarkForDelete on the automatons and I TCL'ed through the rocks that were blocking the tunnel to the Arbiter.

ps. I tried to reset the timeline several times in a row but it didn't fix anything.

Darth just to be clear, if we have removed grim grass from the merge, is it right to set the i.n.i setting back to imingrasssize = 75 as opposed to 100

Berndaroy

you can actually leave at 100 all that does it make the grass less dense.

Also to everyone else I was breaking down a silver spear whcih i believe is from Heavy Armory - New Weapons this yelded a Steel Ingot now as it was Silver surely it should of given a Silver Ingot. Or does the fact i currently have no blacksmithing perks make a difference (didn't think it did)

Edited by DarkladyLexy