SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I'm trying to implement much of this guide in a pure wrye bash way.

Has anyone tried to add the optimized textures with wb? I wanted to avoid external installers as I want wrye bash to manage my data folder completely.

i have never use Wrye Bash on this guide (apart from creating the Bash Patch). I am curious why would yo chose Wrye Bash Over the much easier to use Mod Organizer?

Edited by Darth_mathias

At lvl 40 I became the Arch Mage of the College of Winterhold and all is fine and dandy.. expect I get a CTD when I use the orb in the Arch Mage quarters.

1. Have common soul gem in bags

2. Click orb

3. Accept teleport

4. Get teleported to some high mountain.

5. Game autosaves

6. Info (top left corner) says "Dais Unlocked"

7. CTD (with no info from crash fixes)

Edited by JUNKdeLUXE

At lvl 40 I became the Arch Mage of the College of Winterhold and all is fine and dandy.. expect I get a CTD when I use the orb in the Arch Mage quarters.

1. Have common soul gem in bags

2. Click orb

3. Accept teleport

4. Get teleported to some high mountain.

5. Game autosaves

6. Info (top left corner) says "Dais Unlocked"

7. CTD (with no info from crash fixes)

I believe JD had a script Fix for that over on his forum; it had something to do with ICOW.

Edit: JUNKdeLUXE here https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11414-srle-legacy-of-the-dragonborn-reqtified/?p=196340

is where JD uploaded the fix try it out and let me know o might need to add it to y guide.

Edited by Darth_mathias

i have never use Wrye Bash on this guide (apart from creating the Bash Patch). I am curious why would yo chose Wrye Bash Over the much easier to use Mod Organizer?

It's an experiment. I have this guide implemented with mod organizer on my laptop and it works fine. Now I'm trying to adapt it to wrye bash on my desktop just for the sake of learning how to do it.

But it's not exactly true that wrye bash is much more difficult than mod organizer. Both have a learning curve to them. I've learned much about mod organizer following this guide, even though I had been effectively using it for years. It takes time to understand how the virtual folders thing works and how to correctly use MO, how to take advantage of profiles, etc. Of course if you follow a good guide to the letter you might get away with not knowing anything, but the probability of something not working and ensuing frustration is high. Now I'm learning wrye bash :) Not complicated at all, very "intuitive" :P the only trouble is that specific information for it is not abundant.

Edited by godescalcus

It's an experiment. I have this guide implemented with mod organizer on my laptop and it works fine. Now I'm trying to adapt it to wrye bash on my desktop just for the sake of learning how to do it.

But it's not exactly true that wrye bash is much more difficult than mod organizer. Both have a learning curve to them. I've learned much about mod organizer following this guide, even though I had been effectively using it for years. It takes time to understand how the virtual folders thing works and how to correctly use MO, how to take advantage of profiles, etc. Of course if you follow a good guide to the letter you might get away with not knowing anything, but the probability of something not working and ensuing frustration is high. Now I'm learning wrye bash :) Not complicated at all, very "intuitive" :P the only trouble is that specific information for it is not abundant.

I've used wrye bash pretty extensively for SSE and for Oblivion... I can probably answer what questions you have about it in general..

Thank you 

I've used wrye bash pretty extensively for SSE and for Oblivion... I can probably answer what questions you have about it in general..

Thank you! At the moment I'm having problems with crash fixes not preloading. I installed crash fixes and plugin preloader, double-checked the files in skse/plugins and in the root skyrim folder and I still get an error message saying "Error: "UseOSAllocators" option could not be applied because the game has already initialized! Either disable that option or follow these steps: 1. Download and install "https://www.nexusmods...im/mods/75795/?" - SKSE Plugin Preloader. 2. Make sure you installed it correctly to Skyrim root directory and not Data." when I set UseOSAllocators=1

I've done this before without this error... I don't seem to be able to fix it short of setting UseOSAllocators=0, but the guide tells me to turn it on.

Provisionally, here's what I did: set UseOSAllocators=1, installed Safety Load, added

[Memory]
defaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
to skse.ini
No error message.

If you have crashfixes set up correctly, you shouldn't need Safety Load or the SKSE.ini memory fix installed at all.

I have neither in my game anymore.

as far as I know the version from the Fallout 4 page is the most up to date so best use that one.

As long as your xEdit version is 3.2, it doesn't matter which you downloaded.

• +1 1

Thanks.

Well actually did do a Darth suggested and placed the merge at the bottom reran dyndolod and carried on not seen any issue yet (but I am still early game).

Personally I really don't like Grim Grasses and think it should be dropped we have too many grass mods as it is Verdant is good enough. I have even decided to drop Grim Grass from my own game.

I have not been into Elgergelam cave yet but I am heading that way so I'll take another look.

I could get behind that. Ie removing Grim Grass. (BTW am about half way through reinstall. Game ran like silk in full vanilla when I checked and my other games like XCOM2 look and run great too.)

Edited by Nozzer66

Personally I really don't like Grim Grasses and think it should be dropped we have too many grass mods as it is Verdant is good enough. I have even decided to drop Grim Grass from my own game.

I have not been into Elgergelam cave yet but I am heading that way so I'll take another look.

I could get behind that. Ie removing Grim Grass.

Lets do it then. I have never overly liked Grim Grasses either.

• +1 1

Lets do it then. I have never overly liked Grim Grasses either.

Is it possible to tweak the grass parameters to make the tundra look more like this 27636-4-1354357605.jpgI don't consider it the epitome of grass beauty, it's just an exampe. My tundra grass after I'm done with this guide is so dense and tall that I can never find corpses of enemies I kill, let alone carcasses of wolves or other small beasts. This may not be a problem to everyone so that's why I'm asking if it's possible to tweak without changing anything in the mods.

Just to share with you that I'm down to Relighting Skyrim with wrye bash and just ran a test of the game. Sorted load order with loot, sorted masters with tes5edit, moved plugins with missing masters (will be added later) after the bashed patch and deactivated them, rebuilt and activated the bashed patch and there you go - solid green mods tab and the game is running beautifully and flawlessly! Already with over 100 mods, all the fixes, UI, tons of new and modified quests, base textures, ENB, weathers and lighting - no flora yet but the game already looks beautiful and fast! MCM working!

Haven't had time for extensive testing yet, but I'm happy it runs and doesn't pop any errors! Not bad for a noob :D Who also figured out how to use mod organizer as a HELPER TOOL with wrye bash. Disclaim: I love mod organizer. The reason I'm doing this with wrye bash is plain curiosity. Still, I see some irony in using mod organizer as an auxiliary tool for wrye bash ;) Ask me and I'll tell you how and why!

I believe JD had a script Fix for that over on his forum; it had something to do with ICOW.

Edit: JUNKdeLUXE here https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11414-srle-legacy-of-the-dragonborn-reqtified/?p=196340

is where JD uploaded the fix try it out and let me know o might need to add it to y guide.

Thanks for the link Darth. I can't use it though, as I was very enthusiastic told to never mess with an ongoing game, as it would destroy it. Literally... ;) Edited by JUNKdeLUXE