SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Which version Darth?  I've been meaning to play through all of the dragon ages since I've never finished any of them.  Wondering if there's nifty graphical improvement guides around for them.

Origins i am playing on my Xbox 360 cos (I know am about to get shouted at here) I can't work the controls for PC to well need a controller for Dragon Age.

So I take it that there will be no more further mod additions to the guide huh? String count almost maxed out? Or is it because the modding scene is slowly shifting towards the X64 based Skyrim lol

I hope the additions are done for awhile because I highly doubt anyone has really tested the guide in game.

I'm not sure if it is just my game or not, but one of the ladies in Books of Skyrim had some crazy stuff going on with her chest like HDT physics may have been screwing up

Is there a new change log for the guide?

nope I have decided to abandon the separate change log page to much effort to maintain so use the History link instead.

I hope the additions are done for awhile because I highly doubt anyone has really tested the guide in game.

Well now that Nozzer is back up and running I wont be adding any mods for awhile I'll leave it up to him. I think we should just let things settle for now and see what happens.

Well now that Nozzer is back up and running I wont be adding any mods for awhile I'll leave it up to him. I think we should just let things settle for now and see what happens.

I have the full build on mod organizer on my laptop. I can test run specific things, if you need just tell me. I think some mods like Skytest need a bit of balancing (mod author's business, not the guide's, and it's only my personal opinion. The game is harcore even with middle difficulty settings).

I'm also building this on wrye bash for fun (not a religious pursuit). Partial build test run link on my signature.

Wrye bash does teach you a lot. I'll mention that in MO I was care-free with bsa extraction because it handles that automatically, so I only disabled that option where the guide mentioned so. Since WB doesn't do bsa extraction manually, I did some reading and there are a lot of people who advise against extracting as a rule (won't bring that discussion here). The point is I this time I didn't exctact any bsa unless the guide told you to select assets or make any changes within it. So I'm now at Immersive Armours and already hit the 325 esm+esp+bsa limit (not the same as the 256 plugin limit). So I'll have to go and extract some and probably anticipate some mergers if I want to test run again before the end of the guide.

I have the full build on mod organizer on my laptop. I can test run specific things, if you need just tell me. I think some mods like Skytest need a bit of balancing (mod author's business, not the guide's, and it's only my personal opinion. The game is harcore even with middle difficulty settings).

I'm also building this on wrye bash for fun (not a religious pursuit). Partial build test run link on my signature.

Wrye bash does teach you a lot. I'll mention that in MO I was care-free with bsa extraction because it handles that automatically, so I only disabled that option where the guide mentioned so. Since WB doesn't do bsa extraction manually, I did some reading and there are a lot of people who advise against extracting as a rule (won't bring that discussion here). The point is I this time I didn't exctact any bsa unless the guide told you to select assets or make any changes within it. So I'm now at Immersive Armours and already hit the 325 esm+esp+bsa limit (not the same as the 256 plugin limit). So I'll have to go and extract some and probably anticipate some mergers if I want to test run again before the end of the guide.

What I was saying is I doubt anyone has tested the game with lets say a 300 hour save. Does anyone know the name of the mod that changes the camera to first person during combat and 3rd person after combat? I am having a hard time finding Skyrim GEMS on the net. Is it not a web page anymore?

Wrye bash tells me some plugins have reordered master files. Does it do any harm to sort the master files before building the bashed patch, every time I test the game as I build? Should I not do it, instead do it only once, when all's said and done and the guide tells me to? In that case, does it cause any harm to merge plugins that have reordered master files? I'm referring in particular to the vivid weathers plugins. I'm sorry if I sound confused - I am. I'm not really aware of the mechanics of merging plugins.

There might be new additions, but I'm not rushing into them cause of string count like you said for the main. Plus they need to either do something better then what we already have, or mod something we don't already mod.

The other thing is that we'd really like people to play through to endgame with this guide a bit before we go adding too much more. Else we'll just end up in the old cycle of continually redoing the mods we have added, getting to Whiterun, seeing a new shiny mod, adding it and restarting again. :)

Hence the slowish pace of new BIG additions. The occasional small tweak will get pushed along quicker.

lol cannot count how many times I made it to whiterun, saw a shiny mod, started ******* with ****, CTD, start cussing uncontrollably, see what other shiny **** is on the nexus....rinse, repeat

Wrye bash tells me some plugins have reordered master files. Does it do any harm to sort the master files before building the bashed patch, every time I test the game as I build? Should I not do it, instead do it only once, when all's said and done and the guide tells me to? In that case, does it cause any harm to merge plugins that have reordered master files? I'm referring in particular to the vivid weathers plugins. I'm sorry if I sound confused - I am. I'm not really aware of the mechanics of merging plugins.

Doesn't matter either way. I prefer to do it at the end, before doing the Bashed Patch, but after the Merges. Also doesn't matter if you merge them with the masters reordered, either.

I'm around 200 hours so far, and I've had some issues. Most have been fixed, but I'm still having issues with script lag that hasn't been addressed yet.

Yes script lag may become an issue overtime cause of the engine plus we are stretching it quite a bit as we have quite a lot of script heavy mods. Have disabled things like iNeed, Frostfall, Bathing in Skyrim you also try cleaning the scripts using a script cleaning tool just make sure you backup your save first in case you boink anything.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

I doesn't really matter but beware it is advised NOT to reorder your load in one go ie reordering master files should be per esp file one at a time so I would leave it until one of the last things you do.

I apologise for what is doubtless a trivial question.  As I haven't used the Creation Kit before I can't be sure of your (or Neovalen's) intent in the install instructions re unpacking scripts.rar.  Is the intended result that the individual scripts and dialogue views are in the Skyrim directory, or that the Scripts directory (containing Scripts and DialogueViews directories) is in the Skyrim directory?  Thanks in advance.

I doesn't really matter but beware it is advised NOT to reorder your load in one go ie reordering master files should be per esp file one at a time so I would leave it until one of the last things you do.

That's great to know, maybe this should be mentioned in the guide? It states this: "Post Installation: Sort Masters In TES5Edit", so I googled it and got the opposite advice (don't remember where, so I'll take yours as the most sound one).

That's great to know, maybe this should be mentioned in the guide? It states this: "Post Installation: Sort Masters In TES5Edit", so I googled it and got the opposite advice (don't remember where, so I'll take yours as the most sound one).

the advise to sort masters one esp at a time in xedit was actually given to me by Techangel and Zilav when I was testing out Jaggersfeld Extended unfortunley i can't find the extact link where we discussed this anymore.

I guess I naturally assumed it was clear that I meant to sort the CR's Masters since it was part of that section, I will make it clear when I am home later.