SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

@Darth and that's totally fine :)  I was just thrown a bit by the rhetoric in this thread when I mentioned I was having some issues and wanted to install a few bug fixes and ppl told me to start all over - Which I'm not gonna do. Should I encounter a non-fixable problem I'm finally done with Skyrim (Oldrim) after 6 years of fun.

Regarding the Orphan Tear Mine/Cave it was a case of Skyrim being Skyrim and/or the possibility that I was in combat with some wolves half across the map when I tried to enter. I reverted to an earlier save before I was near the cave and proceeded from there making sure to kill everything I encountered. That fixed it.

I found a minor-ish issue with Interesting NPCs. During the Blood on the Ice quest the murderer can choose an essential NPC from Interesting NPCs which will bug out the quest. Workarounds are doing setessential <baseid> 0 on the npc he chose, or killing him before he kills the target. But if you let the murder happen both of the npcs just kind of freeze there forever and the quest gets stuck.

Not sure if this warrants a patch or anything, but if a patch were made you'd probably have to make every mod added NPC in Windhelm nonessential.

I found a minor-ish issue with Interesting NPCs. During the Blood on the Ice quest the murderer can choose an essential NPC from Interesting NPCs which will bug out the quest. Workarounds are doing setessential <baseid> 0 on the npc he chose, or killing him before he kills the target. But if you let the murder happen both of the npcs just kind of freeze there forever and the quest gets stuck.

Not sure if this warrants a patch or anything, but if a patch were made you'd probably have to make every mod added NPC in Windhelm nonessential.

that is something worth reporting to the mod author

I'm using Darth's version with the updated masters and I am liking it so far. It's significantly harder because wolves actually fight back, but I've run into several wolves and haven't had an issue with them running forever away and keeping me in combat. It might be a little pre emptive but so far it looks like a winner.

Darth's version is the same as my version, just with edits to the .esm instead of the .esp.  ;)

Good to know that it seems to be working for you.  :)

So every time there is a bug fix or update to the guide we're expected to restart the he game? No wonder no one ever completed the game then ;)

I'm sure there is a solution that won't break an ongoing game for us that have already started.

There is. You just don't update during a playthough. I never do. Finish and then update. Start again.

Hello. Right now i am just about to start Conflict resolutions step of SRLE Extended LOTD. I really like mod called "Training Dummies and Targets" and i'd like to install it in my load order. Is there something bad with that mod? I am surprised that no one even asked about it (i searched in srle forum and did not find anything related), this mod is so essential and seems so simple. Sorry for bad english.

I have a few issues with grass. I think the cave is called Whiterun cave (Cave with the blind bandit) I have made it to the first two bandits and there is grass clipping in the cooking pot and a basket near the fire, also outside of Whiterun across from the stables the fire pit is covered with grass and there is grass growing inside of the tent. Is this only happening in my game?

I have a few issues with grass. I think the cave is called Whiterun cave (Cave with the blind bandit) I have made it to the first two bandits and there is grass clipping in the cooking pot and a basket near the fire, also outside of Whiterun across from the stables the fire pit is covered with grass and there is grass growing inside of the tent. Is this only happening in my game?

The cave is White River Watch, When I disable the Verdant textures and meshes the issue goes away. I'm not seeing where I messed up my installation. I am also having issues where, when I look at NCPs and animals they have a magic effect (looks kind of like a galaxy) over them. I am thinking it happens when they are behind objects but I haven't noticed if this is consistent or not yet. This is my first time actually playing the guide and I am about an hour into the game.

The cave is White River Watch, When I disable the Verdant textures and meshes the issue goes away. I'm not seeing where I messed up my installation. I am also having issues where, when I look at NCPs and animals they have a magic effect (looks kind of like a galaxy) over them. I am thinking it happens when they are behind objects but I haven't noticed if this is consistent or not yet. This is my first time actually playing the guide and I am about an hour into the game.

try setting iMinGrassSize to like 100 and see if that reduces it for you.if if slow drop the value until it pops back in again.

I am also having issues where, when I look at NCPs and animals they have a magic effect (looks kind of like a galaxy) over them. I am thinking it happens when they are behind objects but I haven't noticed if this is consistent or not yet. This is my first time actually playing the guide and I am about an hour into the game.

Imperious Racial ability for Bosmers:

• Wild Senses: Detect moving targets in a large radius by standing still when sneaking.

try setting iMinGrassSize to like 100 and see if that reduces it for you.if if slow drop the value until it pops back in again.

Yes this worked. My ini didn't have the IminGrassSize so I just added it. Should I add the rest of the ini changes that are on his mod page, For that matter should we add all ini recommendations by mod authors for the guide?

Imperious Racial ability for Bosmers:

• Wild Senses: Detect moving targets in a large radius by standing still when sneaking.

Ah ok. I am not sure how I like this effect. I will see if there is a setting in the MCM menu

I am getting major "pop in" with trees and house textures ect. I have the DyndoLod settings on medium. I am wondering if setting them to high will help or should I make an ini change?

Edited by Razorsedge877

Ah ok. I am not sure how I like this effect. I will see if there is a setting in the MCM menu

I actually like it. it's only active when you're sneaking and standing still. It's a great way to know where enemies are.

I am getting major "pop in" with trees and house textures ect. I have the DyndoLod settings on medium. I am wondering if setting them to high will help or should I make an ini change?

You shouldn't be getting major pop in if Dyndolod is set up correctly.

Setting it to High won't change that either.

There's something else going on there I'm afraid.