SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Is it safe to use LOOT in an ongoing game? seem to remember that it might fubar something?

well once you start play you really should stop updating tweaking your load order.

Let me know how the new version works in game.

Lexy has started a play through so she'll be the one testing.

It would make more sense to change "Mod Name" to "esp Name" in the Wrye Bash directions, and than list the esps instead of the mod names

are you talking abut what is in the new Table?

Unofficial Legacy Patch updated to v1.8.

[spoiler=Changelog]04/11/17

Updated Unofficial Legacy Patch to v1.8.

- Removed old instances of the DBM-DoomstoneDISPScript which have not been needed for quite some time.

- Made replicas of Labyrinthian magic drain weapons displayable.

- Corrected the Bloodworm Helm Armor Type. Was listed as Clothing but should be Light Armor.

- Fixed incorrect audio line on Auryen’s explanation of the Daedric Gallery.

- Updated divine crusader sealed chests to open to players wearing the proper divine’s amulet that matches the chest.

- Fixed display count issue where prep station does not properly count sorted jewelry items sorted during ULP 1.7.

- Added displays for Oelander’s Hammer and Story of Lyrisius (books).

- Fixed bug in Trial of Trinimac quest if the auriel’s bow quest hasn’t started, where Kyre will not have the dialog option to continue the excavation once the Glacial Crevice has been discovered.

- Fixed collision on explorer’s trophy case that prevented Kamahl’s map placement.

- Fixed the casting sound from the “Stash†spell from persisting after you’ve used it.

- Adjusted the frequency of the Legacy loading screens.

Clean Scripts:

DBM_PrepstationScript2

DBMweapondisplay

DBM_DoomstoneDISPScript (clean update offsets as well)

Edit: Also, Kel updated the Skyrim Immersive Creatures Unofficial Patch to v0.2, which fixes crashes with slaughterfish. According to the Nexus page, a full cell reset must be done on existing games for the CTD fix to take effect. Instructions on the page.

Sorted.

I'm encountering an issue with conflict resolution, specifically removing a couple of masters from the provided file. The masters in question are:

• SkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.esp (not using that mod)
  • ELE_Legendary_Fs_Lite.esp (using the version that includes Wyrmstooth instead)

I'm following the guide to remove the unneeded masters, but neither method seems to work.

• If I select only the Conflict Resolution esp in TES5Edit, the program throws an error when it tries to load the missing masters and refuses to load the ConRes file.
  • If I create dummy ESPs using Wrye Bash, go into TES5Edit, and click 'report errors', no errors make themselves apparent to be deleted.
  • If I mix both methods, have the dummy ESPs loaded, then use the Report Masters script specifying the two dummies, no shared records are reported.

Having looked through the subguide, ELE_Legendary_Fs_Lite is mentioned in a couple of records, but Coin Replacer isn't mentioned at all. Can anyone help me with this?

(Having tried to ignore it by just having the dummy ESPs in the load order, I then hit a problem of DynDOLOD consistently crashing, but I'll take that problem to that thread.)

• ELE_Legendary_Fs_Lite.esp (using the version that includes Wyrmstooth instead)

I personally solved this by simply renaming the esp that includes Wyrmstooth (IIRC it is called ELE_Legendary_Wt_Fs_Lite.esp) to ELE_Legendary_Fs_Lite.esp

I have no experience with not using coin replacer though...

I'm encountering an issue with conflict resolution, specifically removing a couple of masters from the provided file. The masters in question are:

• SkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.esp (not using that mod)

I'm following the guide to remove the unneeded masters, but neither method seems to work.

• If I select only the Conflict Resolution esp in TES5Edit, the program throws an error when it tries to load the missing masters and refuses to load the ConRes file.
  • If I create dummy ESPs using Wrye Bash, go into TES5Edit, and click 'report errors', no errors make themselves apparent to be deleted.
  • If I mix both methods, have the dummy ESPs loaded, then use the Report Masters script specifying the two dummies, no shared records are reported.

Having looked through the subguide, ELE_Legendary_Fs_Lite is mentioned in a couple of records, but Coin Replacer isn't mentioned at all. Can anyone help me with this?

(Having tried to ignore it by just having the dummy ESPs in the load order, I then hit a problem of DynDOLOD consistently crashing, but I'll take that problem to that thread.)

if the clean masters option in TES5edIt is not working but the Report Masters script it not reporting records then you should be OK to just remove the mod from the file header that is a more dirty way of doing.

Let me know how the new version works in game.

I'm using Darth's version with the updated masters and I am liking it so far. It's significantly harder because wolves actually fight back, but I've run into several wolves and haven't had an issue with them running forever away and keeping me in combat. It might be a little pre emptive but so far it looks like a winner.

well once you start play you really should stop updating tweaking your load order.

So every time there is a bug fix or update to the guide we're expected to restart the he game? No wonder no one ever completed the game then ;)

I'm sure there is a solution that won't break an ongoing game for us that have already started.

Edited by JUNKdeLUXE

So every time there is a bug fix or update to the guide we're expected to restart the he game? No wonder no one ever completed the game then ;)

I'm sure there is a solution that won't break an ongoing game for us that have already started.

How snarky...  No, it's expected that once you've started a playthrough that you leave your load order alone as is common modding practice...

If a major issue is found and you feel like it'll impact your particular playthrough then you judge whether or not it's worth risking the save to apply the fix.  Most of the time it's not... There are thousands upon thousands of little bugs fixed by usleep and most loadouts have mods which have not properly forwarded hundreds of those fixes... Rarely do you even notice the difference... If a bug affects this little dungeon off in a corner of the world that you're not going to visit on this character and a fix is posted.. why do you care? 

If you feel the need to keep up to date with guide changes then have a second mod organizer install and keep that one fully up to date so that there's less work to do once you start a new playthrough...

Edited by jdsmith2816

Well the idea is once you got your game stable and you have actually started a play through you really should stop updating your mods and just play otherwise you'll just endlessly mod and never play the game (why do you think Darth has never completed the game cos he is mantaining the guide Neo was actually the same). Plus if you are always updating as the guide updates that will increase the risks of completely breaking your save.

As I have now started a new playthrough I have stopped updating my MO but Darth has a second completely separate one so he can maintain that one.

Well problem is that the game is not stable.. it's stable enough for me to enjoy it (until I run into some gamebreaking or irritating bug) but there will always be 'something' that needs to be fixed either with a patch, TES5EDIT etc.. and it just sounded that if I encountered any of those bugs, I should download the fix and restart my game... which I've done for far too many times to care remembering.

I'd like to finally complete not only Skyrim Vanilla (never played Dragonborn as I've had to restart before getting ther) but also enjoy all the mods that we've installed in this behemoth... and that means bug fixing existing games.

Well problem is that the game is not stable.. it's stable enough for me to enjoy it (until I run into some gamebreaking or irritating bug) but there will always be 'something' that needs to be fixed either with a patch, TES5EDIT etc.. and it just sounded that if I encountered any of those bugs, I should download the fix and restart my game... which I've done for far too many times to care remembering.

I'd like to finally complete not only Skyrim Vanilla (never played Dragonborn as I've had to restart before getting ther) but also enjoy all the mods that we've installed in this behemoth... and that means bug fixing existing games.

If you want to just finish the content, I'd recommend not using this guide. This guide has a TON of unnecessary mods like Not So Fast, Timing is Everything, Simply Knock, etc etc. They're nice to have but if your goal is to just complete the content they are largely unnecessary. 

You could build a load order that's half this size, with all of the same content, without the need for a CR or anything like that. Following this guide the first time should have given you enough basic knowledge to know the basics of mod compatibility and using xedit, dyndolod, wrye bash, etc.

I possibly could build my own load order, but it would take a lot more time than following this one (which also have a lot more users for bug hunting).

The problems I encounter in making my own load order, is that patches for compatibility between mods are all over the place and not always easy to find. It's true that I know enough of dyndolod, wryebash, merge plugins etc to do a lot of these steps myself, but one thing that all the guides on STEP don't really give you the tools to do yourself is TES5EDIT.

Yes, I manually created the CR Neovalen made for his SRLE, but all that taught me was to follow an explicit guide and yes, I know how to do simple things in TES5EDIT, but I didn't learn how to really troubleshoot something. I have no idea what the various fixes I made in CR did or changed or why they were necessary. I could get the TES5EDIT bible, watch hours of Youtube videos on how to do stuff.. or I could take the easy way out and follow this otherwise amazing guide called SRLE Extended: Legacy of the Dragonborn.

Don't get me wrong, I love that someone has made an effort to make this guide and moreso to keep it updated. But if it's not expected that you can do a 100% completed game with this guide, maybe tell that to the users thinking about installing it? :)

I possibly could build my own load order, but it would take a lot more time than following this one (which also have a lot more users for bug hunting).

The problems I encounter in making my own load order, is that patches for compatibility between mods are all over the place and not always easy to find. It's true that I know enough of dyndolod, wryebash, merge plugins etc to do a lot of these steps myself, but one thing that all the guides on STEP don't really give you the tools to do yourself is TES5EDIT.

Yes, I manually created the CR Neovalen made for his SRLE, but all that taught me was to follow an explicit guide and yes, I know how to do simple things in TES5EDIT, but I didn't learn how to really troubleshoot something. I have no idea what the various fixes I made in CR did or changed or why they were necessary. I could get the TES5EDIT bible, watch hours of Youtube videos on how to do stuff.. or I could take the easy way out and follow this otherwise amazing guide called SRLE Extended: Legacy of the Dragonborn.

Don't get me wrong, I love that someone has made an effort to make this guide and moreso to keep it updated. But if it's not expected that you can do a 100% completed game with this guide, maybe tell that to the users thinking about installing it? :)

There have been people that have completed this guide in the past, but post making it standalone probably not. I'm working through it now and don't have any issues that aren't my own fault (and fixable). I'm about ~50 hours on this character.

Edited by omgitskae

@JUNKdeLUXE as I have said numerous times I actually don't have a lot of time to actually play the game with work, the twins girls and 13 year old plus guide maintenance zaps most of time. This is why i do rely on you guy to play bug find and report issues.

So how did you fix your Helgen Reborn issue is it something I need to fix with a patch? or was it Skyrim being Skyrim and Sheogorath working his magic.