SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

so !! I finally migrated from Win 10 to Win 7 and I successfully exported and imported Skyrim, Mods, Tools etc to Win 7 and the game starts perfectly and I can now enter the Orphan Tear Cave that I could not enter in Win 10.. BUT.. everything is in slow motion... not sure why but there has to be a fix for it?

so !! I finally migrated from Win 10 to Win 7 and I successfully exported and imported Skyrim, Mods, Tools etc to Win 7 and the game starts perfectly and I can now enter the Orphan Tear Cave that I could not enter in Win 10.. BUT.. everything is in slow motion... not sure why but there has to be a fix for it?

maybe for some reason ENB brute force has turned on try pressing Shift+B and see if that helps.

ARRGH!! I'm about to give up.. I KNOW I can enter the cave (when I was in slow motion mode - It wasn't brute force as I tried that) - but now I can't... ARRGGH !!!

Obviously there's one of two things here... 

1. You have a hardware issue that needs diagnosing

2. You screwed up your install in some fashion

If you're convinced that it's not a hardware issue then you're only left with number two... and two ways to address it..

1. Diagnose your current install by systematically binary searching your mods to quickly locate the culprit..

- Turn off 50% of your mods

- Check for the problem...

- If problem persists, turn off 50% of the remainder.. if problem is gone turn on 50% of what you turned off

- If problem comes back.. turn off 50% of what you turned back on...

- Rinse and repeat, doing 50% at each step, until you arrive at the mod causing the problem..

2. Start over paying careful attention to each step and checking the installation after each section...

If you don't feel up to that then you're simply left with... Find something else to do with your time.

I'm not trying to be an ass but raging isn't going to fix your issue.  You either are willing to spend the time to work out your problem or you're not...

Edited by jdsmith2816

ARRGH!! I'm about to give up.. I KNOW I can enter the cave (when I was in slow motion mode - It wasn't brute force as I tried that) - but now I can't... ARRGGH !!!

Have you tried using the ENBoost profile only, not the vividian?

Enviado desde mi Pixel XL mediante Tapatalk

Obviously there's one of two things here... 

1. You have a hardware issue that needs diagnosing

2. You screwed up your install in some fashion

If you're convinced that it's not a hardware issue then you're only left with number two... and two ways to address it..

1. Diagnose your current install by systematically binary searching your mods to quickly locate the culprit..

- Turn off 50% of your mods

- Check for the problem...

- If problem persists, turn off 50% of the remainder.. if problem is gone turn on 50% of what you turned off

- If problem comes back.. turn off 50% of what you turned back on...

- Rinse and repeat, doing 50% at each step, until you arrive at the mod causing the problem..

2. Start over paying careful attention to each step and checking the installation after each section...

If you don't feel up to that then you're simply left with... Find something else to do with your time.

I'm not trying to be an ass but raging isn't going to fix your issue.  You either are willing to spend the time to work out your problem or you're not...

I'm quite willing but so far none has responded to my other thread (I created just for this problem) so you're the only one that's given me some actions to actually take. Thanks for that.

You need to cool your head. Switching to Windows 7 likely made zero difference as your problem is not VRAM related. It just happened to work when you tried it this time. Does Crash fixes give you an error? Crashes like the one you're explaining can often times be a missing mesh (I messed up my stunning statues install once and had a missing statue of azura mesh which caused a crash any time I came near it). Try rebuilding your Bashed patch, try rerunning ASIS patcher (after Bashed Patch rebuild), try cleaning your save file. All of these are things you can try in like 10 minutes if you cool down, if it persists after all of this you've got an issue elsewhere in your load order and you should do what jdsmith suggested, but I don't see you listing any steps you've taken to try and fix the issue other than raging and rolling back to windows 7.

I tried with and without ENB (shift F12 to disable it).

No I meant, start without it. Using the ENBoost profile instead of the Vividian.

If I remember well, it only uses the ENB in its basic form. Something like disablespeedhack=true.

Look for it in the STEP guide.

That's what I use to test new mods or when having problems. In order to isolate the problem.

Enviado desde mi Pixel XL mediante Tapatalk

You need to cool your head. Switching to Windows 7 likely made zero difference as your problem is not VRAM related. It just happened to work when you tried it this time. Does Crash fixes give you an error? Crashes like the one you're explaining can often times be a missing mesh (I messed up my stunning statues install once and had a missing statue of azura mesh which caused a crash any time I came near it). Try rebuilding your Bashed patch, try rerunning ASIS patcher (after Bashed Patch rebuild), try cleaning your save file. All of these are things you can try in like 10 minutes if you cool down, if it persists after all of this you've got an issue elsewhere in your load order and you should do what jdsmith suggested, but I don't see you listing any steps you've taken to try and fix the issue other than raging and rolling back to windows 7.

As I mentioned a minute ago.. no one gave me any advice before now (when I started "raging") even though I've described the problem. Only possible solution that DarkLadyLexy gave me was to try out Win 7 as I was having high VRAM usage.

These are the steps I've done so far:

- Cleaned Save

- Convert til Win 7

- Checked Helgen Reborn for errors in TES5EDIT

- No crash reports from Crash Fixes (although I do get a random FootIK error once in a while when loading a save - not this particular save though)

- I'm in the process of trying from an earlier save before I got to the cave and see if that somehow fixes it.

@ JUNKdeLUXE sorry for not getting back to you but I have actually be quite busy. another option you might want to try but as a last resort is to console command you way past that part of the quest as I believe that cave is prone to be a bit buggy. This option i really only suggest trying as a very last resort though. Your problem may have absolutely nothing to do with Helgen reborn but another mod entirely whcih i also have absolutely no idea i suggest doing what JD says to do first.

No worries Lexy, you at least gave me some options to try.

Anyways.. for some reason reverting to an earlier save fixed it for me.. so I probably didn't need to go back to win 7 - although that might help me with the random CTDs I've been having. Time will tell.

ps... btw I'm not "raging".. just getting frustrated. I believe there is a difference :)