Wet and Cold (by isoku)

JudgmentJay

Like so many people are saying though - why chose to support the system that does 1:3 when you could support a system that does 1:0 (in other words 100% to the modder)?  Being in league with the Steam Workshop initiative I don't think was a good move at all and apparently others felt the same way (and were much more vocal and rude about it as well).

Edited by oqhansoloqo
  • +1 2

I'm completely disgusted by the comments from users regarding Isoku's actions.  Could Isoku have handled this better, probably, but the sort of hate and vitriol he's received for his decision is outright shameful.  In my opinion, that sort of attitude from users is what will kill modding.  Frankly, from my experience, it feels like users are getting increasingly ungrateful and demanding.  If this continues to be the attitude modders encounter when they release free content, then hell yes, they're going to want to be paid in order to put up with that crap.  If I received the sort of response that Isoku has, I'd be sorely tempted to just pull all my mods and leave modding, or at least pull all of the free content since no one seems to appreciate it anyway. 

That's true. Steam users are not even worth commenting, but the **** people one Nexus are capable of is just horryfyingly disgusting. Basically, all they do (and all the know) is whine, complain and insult. Entitled demanding ******s. No I am not happy about the whole thing either. But I am not a retarded idiot.

• 1 month later...

Version 2.01 has been released. This version includes Wet & Cold - Ashes as an optional so this standalone will be dropped from the Guide.

If I understand correctly: if we follow STEP, then we shouldn't install W&C at all?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

After loading this mod in Mod Organizer I get the messages "two eps are installed. The STEP guide for this mod says:

Recommendations

Install the Wet & Cold - Ashes optional.

Do I have to move Wet & Cold.esp in the Optional ESPs tab up so only  Wet & Cold - Ashes.esp is active or do I keep both?

After loading this mod in Mod Organizer I get the messages "two eps are installed. The STEP guide for this mod says:

Recommendations

Install the Wet & Cold - Ashes optional.

Do I have to move Wet & Cold.esp in the Optional ESPs tab up so only  Wet & Cold - Ashes.esp is active or do I keep both?

No keep both. That's just an instruction so that you install the option in the installer.

• 1 month later...

In the Change log for version 1.42, the FOMOD option "Modded Children Hat Meshes" was described thusly: "Renamed Xvision Children Hat Meshes option to Modded Children Hat Meshes as they can be used for any child overhaul mod including RS Children Overhaul." The FOMOD description says: "If you have a mod that overhauls children installed, fur hoods need to be adjusted to properly fit their heads."  The STEP Guide includes New Children in section 2.H.  Is this option needed for New Children?

Also, in the mod's Description page, in the Compatibility section it says: "If using Immersive Citizens, the Go Home feature from Wet and Cold will be automatically disabled."  Edit: and when I checked the in-game setting, it was indeed already turned off.

Edited by evilsofa