FPS "hiccup" on new area.

manuelitosimoi

Question

It's not really a permanent FPS drop, but it's a bit annoying.

Scenario: exiting a house outside whiterun, when I turn my mouse like "Quickly?" the fps drops to 50/55 from 60, but thankfully it would go back to 60 in just a sec. sometimes I would notice a stutter. not really sure.

Sometimes even just running outside it would happen. rarely tho.

is this normal? because there's a new are that needs to be loaded? 

or is there a way to have a permanent 60 fps even when running and making quick mouse turns on new areas?

95% of the retexture mods are only 1k, the only 2k I have is the distant tree optional file from SFO.

and oh I have Ugridstoload 7

Specs:
CPU - i5 4430
MOBO - Z87MX-D3H
GRAPHIC CARD - STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5 
Ram - Crosair XMS3 4GB ( 2pcs )
PSU - Silverstone Strider Plus 600W
Heat Sink - cooler master si seidon 120v
Casing - Cooler Master CM Storm Scout 2
Hard Drive - 1TB WD Black

Attached are my mods.

post-5949-0-11453600-1441267878_thumb.jpg

Edited by manuelitosimoi

6 answers to this question

I think many people have this problem :p I don't think you can avoid this with only 2 GB VRAM and 4 (8?) GB RAM. You can try experimenting with different values under [MEMORY] in enblocal.ini and see what that does for you. For reference, with mostly 2k textures, 4GB VRAM and 16 GB RAM I still have these hiccups when textures pop in initially. Once they have done so, I can turn around my camera 360 degrees without issue.

I think many people have this problem :p I don't think you can avoid this with only 2 GB VRAM and 4 (8?) GB RAM. You can try experimenting with different values under [MEMORY] in enblocal.ini and see what that does for you. For reference, with mostly 2k textures, 4GB VRAM and 16 GB RAM I still have these hiccups when textures pop in initially. Once they have done so, I can turn around my camera 360 degrees without issue.

exactly the same problem! 

8 GB Ram.

i know right? it's a bit annoying.

or maybe there's a mod that enables skyrim to load the textures faster without us noticing the "hiccups" ? XD hehe

I have a few of these hiccips too. Mainly while loading new cells. I've simply gotten used to it. I actually don't need to run ENBoost but do it anyway, just in case. Seems like there could be some optimization to do in the ENBoost code since my memory settings have been rock solid for long time now.

I have a few of these hiccips too. Mainly while loading new cells. I've simply gotten used to it. I actually don't need to run ENBoost but do it anyway, just in case. Seems like there could be some optimization to do in the ENBoost code since my memory settings have been rock solid for long time now.

I thought my specs were not enough. 

I do hope there would be a work around.

I'm sure there's a way to remove these hiccups (I get them too), but I haven't found it yet.

please do post if you get to find one! :)

Thanks for your replies guys!

Edited by manuelitosimoi