[Fallout3] 20th Century Wpns -Plus- Reborn for FWE 603...

Blackice

Question

I'm currently following the STEP guide for Fallout 3 and don't understand what to do here when it says:

During installation install only the 20th Century Weapons -Plus- Reborn FWE-WMK-Calibr14_V1_70RC_18668.esp plugin, or alternatively after installation double click the mod in the left pane of MO and move all plugins except 20th Century Weapons -Plus- Reborn FWE-WMK-Calibr14_V1_70RC_18668.esp to the Optional ESPs folder. There are 4 plugins that should not be used (Calibr.esm and 3 plugins with Alive in the name)
Install the update using [Merge]. After installation right click the mod in the left pane of MO, select Open in explorer, and copy the Fx folder in Sounds to the Sound folder where it will be merged with other sounds. Close the explorer window.
Double click the mod in the left pane of MO, select the Filetree tab, and open the textures\weapons folder. Hide the 2handrifle folder.
If the "RH Ironsights" mod is being used also get the optional additional "20th_Century_Weapons -Plus- Reborn_v1_70RC-18668_Ironsights_v1_1_Full_Version" and the update (which provides an updated plugin). Install the main file as a separate mod with MO, then install the update using [Merge].
When the mod is installed double click it in the left pane of MO, and in the Optional ESPs tab move 20th Century Weapons -Plus- Reborn FWE-WMK-Calibr14_V1_70RC_18668.esp to Optional ESPs. The next mod installs an updated version of this plugin.

The Main mod contains the 20th Century Weapons -Plus- Reborn FWE-WMK-Calibr14_V1_70RC_18668.esp file which is the only ESP that should be in the Available ESPs list. Fine. Then i install the RH Ironsights patch, but now it says the 20th Century Weapons -Plus- Reborn FWE-WMK-Calibr14_V1_70RC_18668.esp file should be moved to Optional ESPs..?

1. Referring to the last line; the RH Ironsights patch does not contain a 20th Century Weapons -Plus- Reborn FWE-WMK-Calibr14_V1_70RC_18668.esp file, only the main mod has this. The Ironsights patch only contains a 20th Century Weapons Plus Reborn v1 70RV 18668 Ironsights v1 1.esp plugin file.

2. If we are talking about the esp file in the main mod again, then this information is conflicting (don't put it in Optionals/do put it in Optionals).

This is what it looks like when i merge them all, so you can see the ESPs, which ESP's do i need exactly?

What i guess i should do is put the Ironsights patch plugin 20th Century Weapons Plus Reborn v1 70RV 18668 Ironsights v1 1.esp in optionals.

post-3137-0-39256000-1434645897_thumb.png

Edited by Blackice

5 answers to this question

I have the same question as described in my post here https://forum.step-project.com/topic/5758-general-feedback/page-35, as well as other similar questions but it seems that no one cares to answer ::(:. Personally, in this particular problem, I think that the correct way is the one you are showing in the picture above, only the 2 "main" esps are needed. I think that we can agree that the instructions are at least confusing..

Also the following mod "20th Century Weapons Reborn eXCaliberized with additional patches" provides also the "20th Century Weapons -Plus- Reborn FWE-WMK-Calibr14_V1_70RC_18668.esp" plugin which overwrites the previous one.

I hope someone would make this clear..

Note the last line of the installation instructions before the box with the expanded text.

• Installation: Get the "20th Century Weapons -Plus- Reborn FWE-WMK-Calibr14_V1_70RC_Full_Version" main file and the update. Install main file with MO

I've added highlighting to the phrase that is important as this update does contain the plugin in question. This update contains additional files needed and must not be omitted.

but it seems that no one cares to answer ::(:

Support for this and other forums on the STEP site depends on other forum participants, and they don't always either know the answer or have the time to immediately answer. I'm sure there will be an answer fairly soon.

but it seems that no one cares to answer ::(:

Support for this and other forums on the STEP site depends on other forum participants, and they don't always either know the answer or have the time to immediately answer. I'm sure there will be an answer fairly soon.

Yeah, I totaly understand that and I didn't mean to be offensive. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I just notice that in the same thread (general feedback) there were 3 new posts after mine and I thought that no one wanted to respond to my post (for whatever reason) because it's the first in a new page and a big one too, so the fact that somenone have missed it doesn't stands. Anyway, it was probably a misunderstanding.. For my part, sorry again.

I expect you can also blame Witcher 3 and Fallout 4; Witcher 3 since some of the STEP participants haven't been nearly as active on STEP lately and Fallout 4 because there have been a lot of new participants in the Fallout part of the forums  ::): and interesting new Fallout 3/NV content on Nexus  ::): while the small group of participants familiar with Fallout and its "issues" have also been involved in getting the next STEP Skyrim release prepared and tested  ::):  ::O:  :dry: as well as RL (real life) tasks.