Mods not loading with MO

Tempissed

Question

I am following the F&L instructions currently to set up my mods in New Vegas, and I've reached the point where I just installed User Interface Organizer. My New Vegas starts up just fine, but it doesn't look like any of my mods are actually loading. NVSE is running, I can check its version in the console, but none of the actual mods seem to be loading. I don't have any non-starting save files to test it on, but I know for a fact MCM is not loading, and it doesn't look like anything else is loading either. My start is pretty much fully vanilla, no hud changes or MCM active even though I've installed them both. I'm running through the 4GB Launcher, and I can't find anything wrong with my setup at all.

Just to update: I have gotten it working. Despite having UAC turned off, I had to set up the executables in the compatibility tab to run as administrator every time. I have no idea why, I suspect it has something to do with Windows 8.1 being a troll at times, but after setting everything to run as admin it boots up and loads the mods just fine. Thank you everyone for trying to help me out!

Yeah, I actually forgot to attach a screenshot that I was intending to

https://puu.sh/io6x9/63f9b35bd0.png

https://puu.sh/io6Ce/da7d4672ab.png

That's what my screen looks like, all the unticked ones are from merged mod files from the F&L instructions. I'm at a loss for what to do, really. I've tried all sorts of combinations of running the 4GB loader, NVSE by itself, and just the vanilla NV launcher, and I cannot get any mods to load aside from NVSE.

The FalloutMO.exe shouldn't be there, if FNV4Gb is installed correctly, running it from MO should patch the exe and it will be found in the 'exes' folder.

Can you post your ModOrganizer.ini, as that shows the settings to all your executables?

The FalloutMO.exe shouldn't be there, if FNV4Gb is installed correctly, running it from MO should patch the exe and it will be found in the 'exes' folder.

Can you post your ModOrganizer.ini, as that shows the settings to all your executables?

Yeah, I can do that. I'm wondering if I have FNV4GB in the wrong place. I just cut what I think are the relevant bits that you need, if there's anything else let me know:

[customExecutables]
1\title=NVSE
1\custom=false
1\toolbar=false
2\title=New Vegas
2\custom=false
2\toolbar=false
3\title=Fallout Launcher
3\custom=false
3\toolbar=false
size=8
4\title=LOOT
4\custom=true
4\toolbar=false
4\binary=C:/Program Files (x86)/LOOT/LOOT.exe
4\arguments="--game=FalloutNV"
4\workingDirectory=
4\closeOnStart=false
4\steamAppID=
5\title=FNVEdit
5\custom=true
5\toolbar=false
5\binary=Z:/Steam/steamapps/common/fallout new vegas/FNVEdit/FNVEdit.exe
5\arguments=
5\workingDirectory=
5\closeOnStart=false
5\steamAppID=
6\title=Wrye Flash NV
6\custom=true
6\toolbar=false
6\binary=Z:/Steam/steamapps/common/fallout new vegas/Mopy/Wrye Flash.exe
6\arguments=
6\workingDirectory=
6\closeOnStart=false
6\steamAppID=
7\title=FNVLODGen
7\custom=true
7\toolbar=false
7\binary=Z:/Steam/steamapps/common/fallout new vegas/FNVLODGen/FNVLODGen.exe
7\arguments=-o:\"C:\\FNVLODGenOutput\"
7\workingDirectory=
7\closeOnStart=false
7\steamAppID=
8\title=4GB Loader
8\custom=true
8\toolbar=false
8\binary=Z:/Steam/steamapps/common/fallout new vegas/fnv4gb.exe
8\arguments=-laaexe .\\FalloutMO.exe
8\workingDirectory=
8\closeOnStart=false
8\steamAppID=

[recentDirectories]
size=4
1\name=editExecutableBinary
1\directory=Z:/Steam/steamapps/common/fallout new vegas
2\name=editExecutableDirectory
2\directory=Z:/Steam/steamapps/common/fallout new vegas
3\name=extractBSA
3\directory=Z:/FONV-Mod/ModOrganizer/mods
4\name=installMod
4\directory=Z:/

Did you try running FNVEdit from MO, and if so were there any problems?

FNVEdit runs fine from MO, I used it to compile the mods that can be merged and clean the mods that need it. I also ran LOOT from MO, and it recognized the mods and sorted them properly. They just don't load when I boot the game up for some reason.

Ahh, I see you still have that laaexe switch. I can't see what version you are running and I assumed one of the 1.3.x series. Since 1.3.4 that switch is no longer needed and you can just run the FNV4GB program.

Further to @Kelmych's line of thought, what happens when you start the game from the NVSE launcher or just the default game? Do the mods get loaded then? If they do perhaps there is a problem with FNV4GB and your drive setup? I see the games are on a Z drive. Is this a network attached drive or any other software configured asset?

I'm on 1.3.6 of MO. I tried removing the laaexe switch before, but it did not bear any results for me. The mods aren't loaded through any launching of the game, whether it's NVSE or Default game. I am able to load a save that I created launched from the 4GB launcher, so I don't think the mods are enabled in any of the launchers I have access to, and I'm completely stumped. I can use GetNVSEVersion in the console and see that NVSE has loaded, but MCM and none of the other mods are not loading. Z drive is a physical drive, I just chose the letter Z for it for some reason and it's stuck.

The argument as written will put the FalloutMO.exe in the root folder. This was done because at the time MO could not find the exes folder and place the executable there. That is why it was renamed and placed in the root folder, two files with the same name can't exist in the same folder. In v1.3.6 this appears to be fixed as I posted in ModOrganizer v1.3.4 4Gb.exe -laaexe .\FalloutnvMO.exe thread, so the argument is no longer needed.

In the archives tab make sure MO is managing the BSAs and that they are checked.