v1.2.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

Thanks for all the reports, I've been away playing PoE 2 Deadfire for a few weeks and suddenly mod updates start happening all over the Nexus at the same time. I hate when this happens. I think the list of issues is rather extensive; I will get to fixing the guide tomorrow. Thankfully, it doesn't look like I have that much to do.

P.S. Nexus has been keeping an archive for all the mods that get deleted for some time now, this Reddit post contains a link for the latest version of Skinned Mesh Improvement mod: https://www.reddit.com/r/fnv/comments/zctu2a/some_mods_that_were_deleted_from_nexus_but_are/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Been using the guide, overall I'm happy with the game right now but I have kind of a big problem. All of my iron sights are poorly aligned and many of them are off by entire inches. I've tried using ISControl, and it does let me move the iron sights placement, but I can't adjust the angle or the distance of the sights making it still quite poor to play with. That entire part of ISControl just doesn't seem to work for me. Does anyone know what could fix this? I posted on the ISControl nexus page about it and saw someone else had the same problem, but idk when either of us will get a response.

Edited by Gsprfdude

@Gsprfdude: I don't have this issue, but you might want to try Iscontroller instead. Iscontroller has the same basic functions as IsControl Enabler (so it supports all the animation mods natively) except for the Iron Sights adjustment. But Weapon Mesh Improvement Mod (WMIM) should have all weapons perfectly aligned by default, so there should be no issue with off-centered aim (the sight adjustment function of IsControl Enabler exists only for occasions where someone doesn't use WMIM).

For FOV adjustments you might want to try the FOV Slider.

I hope this helps and you'll otherwise get an answer on the Nexus soon.

31 minutes ago, Majorman said:

@Gsprfdude: I don't have this issue, but you might want to try Iscontroller instead. Iscontroller has the same basic functions as IsControl Enabler (so it supports all the animation mods natively) except for the Iron Sights adjustment. But Weapon Mesh Improvement Mod (WMIM) should have all weapons perfectly aligned by default, so there should be no issue with off-centered aim (the sight adjustment function of IsControl Enabler exists only for occasions where someone doesn't use WMIM).

For FOV adjustments you might want to try the FOV Slider.

I hope this helps and you'll otherwise get an answer on the Nexus soon.

Ah, I gave that a shot but it didn't fix my problem unfortunately. Thank you though. I'll just have to wait for a response on the mod page.

Update: I went through all the issues reported in this thread and adjusted the guide accordingly. Only one mod was replaced out of neccessity (the mod author considers it obsolete and offers an alternative), for the rest I've updated the download links or adapted installation instructions.

To do: Someone reported an issue with a creature edit in the guide patch, I will make some adjustments to it and re-upload it to the Nexus soon.

Thank you all for helping me keep the guide up-to-date.

• 4 weeks later...

Love this guide as a more fleshed out alternative to VNV. Finished modding today and started started streaming it on my twitch.
One small issue I've noticed is that YUP supposedly fixes a texture clipping bug with the NCR Trooper Helmet (one with glasses), but I'm pretty sure this is undone by using the FCO faces etc.
I fixed this myself by simply using the file that comes in this: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/69516/ and making my own zip archive to install through MO2.

Screenshot (303).png

Oh also FO3 Weapons Restoration has this weird flag in LOOT, it's not mentioned in the guide so not sure whether to do the manual edit or not.
image.thumb.png.76abbe75db1747f4b1f3d21f9e8ebf20.png

Lmao and while I'm here I'll just say you have a small spelling error here, For.
image.thumb.png.0524ab4cbbb39a656f671e04130d96fb.png

This one I don't have a fix for, as in there are no easy mods that resolve it, the Legion Vexillarius helmet has major clipping issues, the goggles into the face (see my above post about NCR trooper helmet as well, it's literally the same thing) as well as the full helmet into the legion armour (and presumably other armour as well).

Screenshot (317).png

Edited by OGMailMan

This next one is really annoying because for the life of me I can't figure out which mod would add the "tattered decal" version of the motorcyle helmet, but basically you can wear the 1st recon beret with it (which you really shouldn't be able to) and it clips horribly with it anyway.

Screenshot (324) (1).png

@OGMailMan those are a lot of reports, I'll try to answer as best as I can:

• NCR Trooper goggles: good find, but the mesh is uploaded as a loose file. Thankfully, it has the necessary permissions to add it in will the STEP patch with proper packaging, so I will do so soon.
  • Legion helmet goggles: annoying, yes, but I don't know a fix as well. Hopefully, someone will provide a fix on the Nexus in the future.
  • The Combat Armor MK I: I've never noticed an issue before, will have to test it later at home. Can you tell me if it affects only male bodies?
  • FO3 Weapon Restoration LOOT warning: no action is needed, as the STEP patch reverts the bad edits for you.
  • The typo: already fixed.
  • Motorcycle Helmet: it comes from Spice of Life. My guess is that it wasn't assigned the proper head slots in the esp, which makes it possible to wear it along with other headgear.
  • The road: probably a vanilla bug or something went wrong during LOD generation. If it was only one instance, don't get preoccupied with it, otherwise try reloading the LOD generation process.

TL; DR: will try to fix remaining issues via the STEP patch.