v1.2.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 12:14 PM, darkglobe87 said:

Hey. Thanks for the assistance - Majorman - completely correct ha, I was very tired when following the guide. Which is why I'm starting again.

Fingers crossed this time. Last time I halfway through realised I was using 1.1.0. So starting again fresh. Hopefully I get further than I did last time... soon as the courier opened his eyes he saw a red triangle where the vig-o-matic was meant to be. Sad times. 

Thanks again for your help. I did give up on your guide and used wabbajack to install VNV modlist but it's not as comprehensive as yours.

Ugh, I just finished the 1.2.0 guide and had the same issue as darkglobe87. Starting from scratch, I guess, oh well.

Otherwise, here are some things I noticed as I was going through the guide today:

• 02-Extenders | NVTF - New Vegas Tick Fix
    • Typo: "... can only be unlocked in windowed mod." — should be "windowed mode"
  • 02-Extenders | New Vegas Heap Replacer
    • The most recent version of the mod doesn't have cpu_info.exe, or the folder structure implied by the Step instructions.
    • May need to specify a specific version, or update the guide for the most recent release.
  • 02-Extenders | One Tweak
  • 04-Foundation | Improved Sound FX v0821
    • This mod description doesn't contain the step to drag the download into Mod Organizer 2.
    • I believe this is the first mod in the list to use this installation method — it might be worth ensuring it's included in this mod's instructions.
  • 06-Models & Textures | Alcohol Bottles OVERHAUL - by zzjay
    • The most recent version of the mod has the 04 - Yup and JSUE Patches patch archived and is subsequently not available to download. The Posts tab seems to indicate the YUP fixes have been merged into the main mod.
    • Might be worth exploring this further and updating the guide accordingly.
  • 06-Models & Textures | TheFriedTurkey 3 Creature Pack
    • Typo: codeblock end tag is "</cpde>", causing formatting to go wonky — should be (I presume) "</code>"
  • 12-Gameplay-Economy | New Vegas Economy Improved
    • The mod page link says the mod has been hidden, with a message and link to use the Economy Overhaul mod.
    • Might be worth exploring this further and updating the guide accordingly.
  • 16-Interface | Unofficial DarNified UI Update FNV
    • The ModDB mod page only shows a single file now, with no MCM matches HUD file available for download.
    • Additionally, the ModDB mod file description mentions that the fonts no longer need to be specified in the INI to function.
    • May need to revisit this mod to see if the patch is still needed and update the guide accordingly.

Thank you so much for the time and effort to get this all put together! I really appreciate it and the end results :)

Edited by DrSnuggly
Don't accidentally imply that I'm darkglobe87

• 2 weeks later...

Last item:

• 01-Tools | FNV BSA Decompressor
    • Step 7 of the detailed instructions conflict — the step says to put the line under [Archive], but the code block says to put it under [General].
    • In testing, putting the line under [Archive] fixed my red triangle issue (@darkglobe87, in case you are still experiencing the issue), so I imagine the guide should be updated to reflect this.

The following mods have been hidden or deleted from Nexus mods: Skinned Mesh Improvement Mod, Sun Guard Headgear Logic Fixes, New Vegas Economy Improved, and Lucky 38 Climate Restored (Scripted).  Sun Guard Headgear Logic Fixes is particularly problematic, as it is a required Master for the STEP Conflict Resolution patch.  Is there a possibility of regenerating the patch without that requirement?

Regards, Gordon

It is stated several times in the early part of the guide that "Cleaning the vanilla master plugins via a tool is covered further in the guide (in Step 4)."  However, these instructions are nowhere to be found.  Do they need to be added, or should the vanilla masters (e.g. Gun Runners Arsenal) not be cleaned?

Regards, Gordon

46 minutes ago, ozyman said:

It is stated several times in the early part of the guide that "Cleaning the vanilla master plugins via a tool is covered further in the guide (in Step 4)."  However, these instructions are nowhere to be found.  Do they need to be added, or should the vanilla masters (e.g. Gun Runners Arsenal) not be cleaned?

Regards, Gordon

The instructions it is referring to our the Detailed Instructions for Ultimate Edition ESM Fixes in Step 4. I'll direct you to the exact mod page with the instructions:

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/FalloutNV:Ultimate_Edition_ESM_Fixes

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

The instructions it is referring to our the Detailed Instructions for Ultimate Edition ESM Fixes in Step 4. I'll direct you to the exact mod page with the instructions:

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/FalloutNV:Ultimate_Edition_ESM_Fixes

Okay, I've done that twice now.  Doesn't seem to do anything with Gun Runners Arsenal, which LOOT reports as needing cleaning.  Guess we need to use xEdit for that?

Regards, Gordon

1 hour ago, ozyman said:

Okay, I've done that twice now.  Doesn't seem to do anything with Gun Runners Arsenal, which LOOT reports as needing cleaning.  Guess we need to use xEdit for that?

Regards, Gordon

Standard cleaning procedures apply to mods. See here in the guide: https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/FalloutNV:1.2.0#Standard_Cleaning_Procedures

On 11/27/2022 at 12:56 PM, ozyman said:

Sun Guard Headgear Logic Fixes is particularly problematic

This is an issue for me as well. I finally came back to the game as a memorial run for a friend that passed and set everything up, but this mod was just closed off I wanna say 11/26/22... missed it by three days when I started lol

Any suggested work around as the missing plugin tanks load in unless I undo the step patch which is needed for a lot of other mod integration and patching.

Also, Google was NOT my friend on this one in any way shape or form...

Edited by Haastylecat13

I started a few days ago, and was having the same issues as ozyman. I got all the files together now, but the game was crashing a few seconds into loading if I enabled the STEP conflict resolution patch. It had all the masters and was sorted. Through trial and error I narrowed it down to Creature -> Pack Brahmin (0014CF65) in the STEP patch. If I deleted it in xedit the game would load.