Windows 10 - Overall Review and Modding

TechAngel85

Right-clicking on the start button and selecting "Control Panel" should be the fastest way to get to the CP. Unless they took this away.

XD 

I didnt know that you could right click that.

I always used the link on the ribbon on the My Computer window.

Has something changed recently in TES5EDIT? I don't do this often, so perhaps I am just forgetting something, but occasionally I click the file header in an esp/esm in TES5Edit to make master changes. Tonight, I clicked to find the header empty. I'm using version 3.1.2 for DynDoLod purposes, so I installed 3.1.1 from the Nexus, but I still have blank file headers. I posted here because searches brought up nothing and I thought that maybe it is a Windows 10 issue. Thanks.

A really stupid setting in Win10 is if you have your account set to use your online Microsoft account the system doesn't wake from sleep to the lockscreen but goes straight to the desktop, thus having your entire system exposed and online. Only when you have your account using a local password does it wake to the lockscreen.

An added bad setting is if using the Microsoft account your system can be started and accessed even when the laptop lid is closed, and should be sleeping. I awoke early last night and walked past my laptop to find the wireless and HDD lights active and the system apparently accessing files online. On investigation MS was downloading some updates ready for me to confirm/deny installation of. This is a major breakdown in security and something which prompted me to go back to using a local password.

Further to the checking for pirated games, Microsoft will also continue to send back to base details about your system even if specific options like Cortana or OneDrive are disabled.

More on my laptop refusing to start in lockscreen mode, even when I have set all the power options to 'Sleep' when the lid closes, when I'm away for a set time, etc. it refuses to do so and I am presented with the desktop on start. Possibly related, but an issue as yet, my camera and microphone can't seem to work for Win 10. All of this may therefore just be an issue with Toshiba needing to provide patches for their machine.