Footprints (by jonwd7)

JudgmentJay

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was made by a programmer not a texture artist' date=' perhaps one of you could improve the footprint quality?[/quote']

That would be great if someone could offer their services. I think just by virtue of the way it is implemented though it will be rather difficult, because its a two dimensional image imposed on a three dimensional terrain. 

This mod has a lot of endorsements and downloads on the nexus. Some of us here don't like it but a lot of people do like it. I don't like most of the texture packs in STEP but that doesn't mean they should be removed from STEP. Its not about any one person or a few people's personal preference when you are trying to create a mod platform for an entire community. 

Well it was made by a programmer not a texture artist' date=' perhaps one of you could improve the footprint quality?[/quote']

That would be great if someone could offer their services. I think just by virtue of the way it is implemented though it will be rather difficult' date=' because its a two dimensional image imposed on a three dimensional terrain. 

This mod has a lot of endorsements and downloads on the nexus. Some of us here don't like it but a lot of people do like it. I don't like most of the texture packs in STEP but that doesn't mean they should be removed from STEP. Its not about any one person or a few people's personal preference when you are trying to create a mod platform for an entire community. [/quote']

Well actually that exactly what STEP is. STEP was created with the idea to enhance and if those that decide what does and doesn't make the cut have decided that this doesn't enhance the experience then it doesn't go in. That doesn't mean you can't use it, it just means that it is not recommended by STEP.

Those BBB mods also have a lot of downloads and endorsements, yet they are completely unrealistic. Just because something is well liked doesn't mean it should be added.

This mod has a lot of endorsements and downloads on the nexus. Some of us here don't like it but a lot of people do like it. I don't like most of the texture packs in STEP but that doesn't mean they should be removed from STEP. Its not about any one person or a few people's personal preference when you are trying to create a mod platform for an entire community. 

STEP isn't a compilation of popular mods. No offense, but I think you're not quite understanding the mission of this project.

The reasons for excluding this mod from STEP are valid and within the specified guidelines. If you still feel like using the mod, then by all means do so, nobody will punish you for that. But it won't find its way into STEP until certain issues are fixed or the core team changes their mind (which is unlikely, considering the issue here).

Just looking at the screen-shots i knew that this is bad. But now i have tried it, and it's horrible!

How can people use this i don't understand? And endorse it?

People with this kind of taste will one day decide to make their own compilation and release it publicly! I guess this is ok, but don't use my mod.

Just looking at the screen-shots i knew that this is bad. But now i have tried it, and it's horrible!

People with this kind of taste will one day decide to make their own compilation and release it publicly! I guess this is ok, but don't use my mod.

That's a bit harsh, let them use whatever they want, even if it's in poor taste. Freedom of choice and all that.

I love that mod. Its one of my favorite mods in all the nexus by far. After a big battle with summoned creatures, your horse, and a half dozen slain NPCs with scorch markes, blood splatters, and a mess of footprints in the fresh snow, going every which way and crossing each other. It tells the story of the fight in their impressions.... It's really quite special. 

That's a bit harsh, let them use whatever they want, even if it's in poor taste. Freedom of choice and all that.

Can i force you not to use it.  

It is my opinion.

Idea is definitely good, but the rest is horrible. I have tried to improve it, but cannot achieve soft edges.

You guys do realize it's version 0.7 right? It's not even complete.

That's like calling a house that's being built useless and not worth anyone living in ever because you can still see through the walls at the moment. Come on now.

Anyway, as someone who likes to just simply hunt in Skyrim, it's a very nice mod. I've actually managed to track several animals down thanks to it. There are some ugly bits to it... but again, it's not even finished yet. And based on that fact, it shouldn't be included in STEP anytime in the near or even distant future.

And have you guys made footprints in the snow before? Snow like what Skyrim has doesn't produce "soft edges". Because it usually lays year round, it hardens, which makes footprints like the ones in this mod happen. What I don't care for though is the placeholder (hopefully it's just a placeholder) which makes it look like there's dirt in the Signus glacier gave. That just looked so horrible when I went through there yesterday. lol

You guys do realize it's version 0.7 right? It's not even complete.

That's like calling a house that's being built useless and not worth anyone living in ever because you can still see through the walls at the moment. Come on now.

Anyway, as someone who likes to just simply hunt in Skyrim, it's a very nice mod. I've actually managed to track several animals down thanks to it. There are some ugly bits to it... but again, it's not even finished yet. And based on that fact, it shouldn't be included in STEP anytime in the near or even distant future.

And have you guys made footprints in the snow before? Snow like what Skyrim has doesn't produce "soft edges". Because it usually lays year round, it hardens, which makes footprints like the ones in this mod happen. What I don't care for though is the placeholder (hopefully it's just a placeholder) which makes it look like there's dirt in the Signus glacier gave. That just looked so horrible when I went through there yesterday. lol

Ok. Fair enough. Lets see.

I can improve it, but i'm not gonna do this.

Btw, we all know how snow footsteps should look, and it's nothing like this. This looks like it is painted.

• 1 month later...

It's been updated.

- Partial rewrite, simpler code, can stop and restart on command.

- New textures for humans.

- Parallax for humans. ** Looks best with ENB, which fixes certain bugs **

- Particle Effects for humans. One for walk and one for run. More will

be added in the future.

Upcoming footprints:

https://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/images/22745-2-1357196604.jpg