Enhanced Lighting for ENB - Patch Collection

Nearox

It had to do with how the ENB read interior and exterior locations and used it to allow interior exterior variables/"customization commands" to be created. With the old NightDayDetector. It's redundant now and I found a better way to do it that did not require that setting to be turned off.

I will from now on only "correct" those settings. Turning it on in interiors that has the sky visible from any angle, and turn it off in interiors where the sky is not visible from anywhere in an interior cell.

I will also have an eye out for any misplaced weather types to interior cells. Like having Whiterun weather assigned to to Solitude interiors, not that I have seen such bad assigned weathers but for an easy example.

This is for users running older presets such as ENBSeries v0.108 or v0.119.

EDIT;

Nearox;

By the way about the changing the vanilla IS and LT and use those altered vanilla IS and LT in the patch. Forget about that, I forgot that in order for a feature of ELE to function the proper IS has to be assigned to an interior cell, Interior or Dungeon type IS to designate that interior cell is a dungeon or interior cell.

Why that is because I have specific values assigned to Contrast and Brightness in the IS to act as a "hack" value which allows ENB presets to code a "DungeonFactor" for any ENB preset version and for older preset than 0.117 it allows for a InteriorFactor to be coded.

Which results in the ability to have separate controls for dungeon interior cells or interior/exterior controls for ENB presets using for instance ENB v0.108 True HD.

Edited by JawZ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't been at home for 1.5 months and I probably won't be for another month or so... Hence I don't have access to my game PC, and Skyrim won't work properly on my laptop.

So sorry, not gonna be able to update soon.

However as these patches only modify the lighting template of interior cells, they are largely future-proof as mod authors generally don't remove and/or change the cell's formid. It doesn't matter whether clutter or NPCs are added, it is still compatible.

I read however that ETaC 13.4 removes player houses that were present in ETaC 13.3 and earlier versions, so that would create issues. Recommend to use ETaC 13.3 for now.

The only other thing is that when a mod adds new buildings, then they obviously won't have a patched lighting template. Note however JawZ's explanation that the vanilla templates were also added, so as long as the new building refers to one of those then they'll still have ELE's values (though perhaps not the appropriate ones e.g. a default farm building template instead of the particular one for Ivarstead etc.).

Hope that helps.

Edited the OP to mention ETaC 13.4 incompatibility.

I haven't been at home for 1.5 months and I probably won't be for another month or so... Hence I don't have access to my game PC, and Skyrim won't work properly on my laptop.

So sorry, not gonna be able to update soon.

However as these patches only modify the lighting template of interior cells, they are largely future-proof as mod authors generally don't remove and/or change the cell's formid. It doesn't matter whether clutter or NPCs are added, it is still compatible.

I read however that ETaC 13.4 removes player houses that were present in ETaC 13.3 and earlier versions, so that would create issues. Recommend to use ETaC 13.3 for now.

The only other thing is that when a mod adds new buildings, then they obviously won't have a patched lighting template. Note however JawZ's explanation that the vanilla templates were also added, so as long as the new building refers to one of those then they'll still have ELE's values (though perhaps not the appropriate ones e.g. a default farm building template instead of the particular one for Ivarstead etc.).

Hope that helps.

Edited the OP to mention ETaC 13.4 incompatibility.

That's fair enough, hope all is well :)

Oh, I see! I didn't really know how these worked tbh, just assumed it was a very manual process :P

Thanks for your clear explanation and, of course, merged patches :)