Original Support Topic (feel free to create more specific support topics)

Kelmych

Question

Clear and Present Danger - A guide for modding Fallout 3

This thread is for reporting problems when using the "Clear and Present Danger guide for Fallout 3". This includes errors in the guide, problems in following the guide, problems with the mods included in the guide, and problems running Fallout 3 when following this guide.

Please post any problems such as these in this forum. It's also best to post them here vs. sending me a PM. Often I won't have an answer but the other readers of this forum might have a good answer.

The expanded instructions for Blackened explain how to change Blackened to use the new MMM merged plugin. It requires FO3Edit. Alternatively you can continue using the existing MMM without changing Blackened (but get the most recent version of whichever Blackened plugin you use).

The expanded instructions for Blackened explain how to change Blackened to use the new MMM merged plugin. It requires FO3Edit. Alternatively you can continue using the existing MMM without changing Blackened (but get the most recent version of whichever Blackened plugin you use).

I DID it the same way you mentioned it in your guide. But FO3Edit said that "Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp" is missing!

Which blackened plugin are you using? I tested the one for FWE, Project Beauty, and MMM.

OK, I used "Blackened FWE + MMM + EVE + Project Beauty.esp". Maybe that's the problem?

EDIT: Oh my, I should better read the description. I'm such an idiot!

Edited by Mikaal

FYI Kelmych, I have everything running with Midhras' ENB and the Forested Vurts, Xepha's Weather Mod,  NMC's  and the other suggested texture mods and the wasteland looks freaking awesome. The added sounds and in game music etc just makes things even better.

And stable and solid performance wise. Haven't had a single CTD. Even while blowing raiders away with a Plasma Rifle.

I have a 3GB EVGA GTX 780Ti...

I'll drop a link to a Screenie of Megaton taken from just outside Moriarty's here...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/libelstuff/Fallout3exe_DX9_20140930_110259_zps7e245f9f.png

Midhras' ENB might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I thought I'd try it on the principle that if the setup can handle that one it would handle anything, and so far so good.

Edited by Nozzer66

I'm also interested in getting reports from users with graphic cards that don't have as much VRAM and/or compute capability. I have a 4GB card, so it's hard for me to determine a set of Fallout 3 mods adequate for less capable systems. With cards like yours it's useful to get reports since they help verify that the overall guide suggestions seem reasonable.

Hello all,

I am not sure where to ask but it deals with this setup. Clear and Present Danger states on Comment on cleaning mods with FO3Edit. "When mod plugins are cleaned with FO3Edit, the mods should be cleaned individually, and when FO3Edit is closed the plugin should saved and Backup Plugins should be ticked".

The first one I have to clean is FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition. My question is do I clean each .esp/.esm (I think there is like 12) at a time or select them within the mod and clean them all at once? Thank you.

All plugins must be cleaned individually. Start FO3Edit and open a plugin in FO3Edit, clean it and close FO3Edit saving the plugin if it needed cleaning. Repeat until all the plugins are complete. Running LOOT before cleaning will tell you which plugins need cleaning.

I didn't include the names of each dirty plugin since I provided that information to LOOT and they incorporated it into their masterlist.

Thanks for the help on my post. I have run into another issue. I am at the part where I am installing Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/15653/? I see there is an optional file on the mod page, FWE compatibility patch. Do I need to download this? The guide doesn't say to d/l it or not to. Lastly before I install Unified HUD Project, is Clear and Present Danger compatibile with Imps more coplex needs? Where should it go in the install order if so? Opinions on the mod? Thank you again..

Edited by D1Z4STR