Mythic Dawn: Gateway to Oblivion WIP

hishutup

Yeah, I should add something for nehrim.

The guide is in a very strange place its really awkward and I need to fix it but it does say incomplete at the top.

The first third is updated for the most part.

I wanted to get another section done but there were a few things stopping me but we'll see what I can muster up

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Hishi

I really love Mod Organizer, and I've been working slowly through your program for Oblivion and making my own notes about how to make adjustments for MO, things that don't work at all, workarounds, stuff like that. I was wondering, would you like to make a sub-forum for Mod Organizer support with OTEP (that's my vote on name :D ) those of us who use MO or have trouble could paste our notes and solutions there for each other and maybe you'd be able to make use of those notes yourself in your guide if you wanted ot make a "use at your own risk, collected solutions for MO" guide or something? Same could be said for LOOT although it's pretty self-explanatory and just... works no different really than BOSS.

I know there's an Oblivion MO support forum category. My idea is that in posting what I find here for you, you could later add them to your guide whenever/ifever you wanted to and they'd be collected specially for you in one spot, and specifically apply to your program guide.

I'd be more than happy to post what notes I have on how I'm making MO work for me with Oblivion.

I've said this countless times, mod organizer doesn't work with oblivion.

I cannot get OBSE, MO and OR to all hook appropriately.

There are too many workarounds for oblivion modding. I am not going to support it until there is proper support of it.

I still haven't got around to updating it

Hey Hishi

I really love Mod Organizer, and I've been working slowly through your program for Oblivion and making my own notes about how to make adjustments for MO, things that don't work at all, workarounds, stuff like that. I was wondering, would you like to make a sub-forum for Mod Organizer support with OTEP (that's my vote on name :D ) those of us who use MO or have trouble could paste our notes and solutions there for each other and maybe you'd be able to make use of those notes yourself in your guide if you wanted ot make a "use at your own risk, collected solutions for MO" guide or something? Same could be said for LOOT although it's pretty self-explanatory and just... works no different really than BOSS.

I know there's an Oblivion MO support forum category. My idea is that in posting what I find here for you, you could later add them to your guide whenever/ifever you wanted to and they'd be collected specially for you in one spot, and specifically apply to your program guide.

I'd be more than happy to post what notes I have on how I'm making MO work for me with Oblivion.

If you want to make a guide that incorporates MO in an Oblivion environment, go for it.

@hishutup's setup has given him grief, I suspect it is because his Oblivion is a Steam version whereas my is a disc version. I have no difficulty in running Oblivion through MO.

Oblivion has slipped way down in my list of priorities but I'll chime in when I think I can offer something.

If MO handled things correctly then it wouldnt be hard to switch but at the time of this posting, it doesnt.

I've been out of oblivion for quite awhile, when it sounds like something that I am interesting in, I'll go through and update. If mo is an option at that time then Ill take yet another look.

WB also has some pretty cool stuff once you look at it.

If there was a reliable and legal way to have people switch to the dvd version then I would, but at the moment Steam is the only way to obtain a copy.

I took a look at NMM and it cant do anything reliably.

hishutup hello, nice to meet you. is the first time I write in this forum but I was really impressed by your guide, as well as making demands, I would tell you what I have integrated with your work in the hope, perhaps, of worthwhile somehow.

as following list, are the mods that use in addition to your driving, and It's never caused me any problems:

- book tracker Obse

- Fundament and bundlement (it's suggested even by authors of OOO)

- Pluggy

- Enhanced Economy (realism setting, with .ini tweak!!)

- Harvest nearby flora (i know, it's not realistic but i find it very useful)

- Maskar's oblivion overhaul: i found it very useful and integrate a very large amount of mod in one

- Red sonia

- Streamline (i disable because of obge reloaded every function, exept the save function... because i fear the save game corruption without streamline)

- Waalx animals and creatures (only the esm and the esp... so only creature diversity and some change in the land... plus two compatibility file with unique landscape and only a fix with tes4edit in the yellow vampire eye)

- plus some adult mod that i understand why you don't have integrate in your guide

I only remove from your guide:

- some mod that change the weapon (not the armour!): this mods are the only thing that cause crash in morroblivion, without that it's all works perfectly with you guide!

- weapon of morrowind: this for the fact that i have morroblivion, so if i want morrowind armour and weapon, i simply go to morrowind ;)

- deadly reflex and unnecessary violence (this is only for my preference..)

And there's some request:

what i like of this game are the diversity of creatures and the additional quest so:

there are some additionally quest mod that you know that can work perfectly with your guide?

I love the fact that you integrate some quest and companion mod (i think you've done a very great selection of some of the best one)

Do you think that (for example) integration of the stranded light integrated (with no gameplay change) can be, for example, a very good mod?

the other mod that i have in mind to integrate are:

- malevolent

- desert of anequina

- gates to aesgaard episode 2 (with delayer)

- midas magic

- the romancing of eyja

- servant of the dawn

- the dungeons of ivellon

- knight of the white stallion

- lost paladines of the divines

- blood and mud

- the ayled steps

- daggerfall memories: the liberation of cybiades

- fight for castle ravempride

- the sentient weapon

do you think this is a good list? do you know of some incompatibility with your guide or with this mod?

Thanks for the answer, i hope that i'm of some use :)

Edited by rossimi

If you want to make a guide that incorporates MO in an Oblivion environment, go for it.

@hishutup's setup has given him grief, I suspect it is because his Oblivion is a Steam version whereas my is a disc version. I have no difficulty in running Oblivion through MO.

Oblivion has slipped way down in my list of priorities but I'll chime in when I think I can offer something.

I suppose I will have to consider making my own guide.  I felt that collaborating with Hishi was more in line with the STEP principles of collaboration. It was in that spirit I offered to share my MO tips and other notes. I'll withdraw that offer now, with apologies for the offence I obviously caused.

MO works fine for me also with Oblivion Steam GOTY version, and I got OR working as well. I've got around a hundred or so pages of careful installation and setup notes which follow the STEP guide for Skyrim format very closely, even the inclusion of ENBoost for Oblivion and LOOT use, along with their preference for MO. I also have meticulous test-by-test troubleshooting notes for things that didn't work out of the box, and precise benchmark results in between every stage or major mod to pinpoint performance hit approximations. Since my installation included the use of the Morroblivion mods, I wasn't sure it was appropriate to the STEP ethos. But oh my goodness, the gorgeousness of OR water in Seyda Neen and the beaches of Pelagiad in Morrowind! :woot:

Thanks for the suggestion! ::D:  It would be a shame to keep all this data private. I'll put some effort into learning how to go about that.

I don't think any offence was taken by anyone! We're all fairly easy-going here.

Regarding the process of making, or sharing on, a guide, you have no doubt seen that they are on a wiki that can be freely edited. Every user can login to the wiki and create and edit wikis and you can do what ever you like with them. (obviously there are some restrictions)

I suppose I will have to consider making my own guide.  I felt that collaborating with Hishi was more in line with the STEP principles of collaboration. It was in that spirit I offered to share my MO tips and other notes. I'll withdraw that offer now, with apologies for the offence I obviously caused.

MO works fine for me also with Oblivion Steam GOTY version, and I got OR working as well. I've got around a hundred or so pages of careful installation and setup notes which follow the STEP guide for Skyrim format very closely, even the inclusion of ENBoost for Oblivion and LOOT use, along with their preference for MO. I also have meticulous test-by-test troubleshooting notes for things that didn't work out of the box, and precise benchmark results in between every stage or major mod to pinpoint performance hit approximations. Since my installation included the use of the Morroblivion mods, I wasn't sure it was appropriate to the STEP ethos. But oh my goodness, the gorgeousness of OR water in Seyda Neen and the beaches of Pelagiad in Morrowind! :woot:

Thanks for the suggestion! ::D:  It would be a shame to keep all this data private. I'll put some effort into learning how to go about that.

You can do what you please. If you want to collaborate then shoot me a pm. I just kinda fell out of Oblivion for awhile and the guide is in the super awkward 3 partial revisions.

On the other side, competition is always good.

I was going to switch to LOOT but MO just isn't something that is going to work. I know my way around MO and it just doesn't hook correctly.

I used alternate start as my .dll-less OBSE tester and every time MO's VFS worked OBSE didn't. Then every time OBSE worked MO's VFS didn't.

As far as I know for Oblivion for MO

*Archive Invalidation may be funky (don't know, as I sorta brute-forced it and it works)

*OBSE plugins do not worked if installed inside MO

*It is recommended to use the Script Extender workaround

I'm still experimenting with Oblivion.

I added you to the old discussion. 

*OBSE plugins do not worked if installed inside MO

Thats why I said .dll-less. If the scripting is broken then whats the point of MO

*It is recommended to use the Script Extender workaround

It doesnt hook correctly.

OR requires the overlay to be disabled anyhow.

Ok, so it seems the problem lies in an incompatibility with the Steam version. I'm using the disc, so there's no way I can experiment.

Exactly. The disc version just works for me really well. Yes there are one or two minor things to do, but I have no issue.

Dear Hishutup,

Thank you for your guide. It is very well written. I have followed most of the steps and got a good working Modded Oblivion. I have one small problem. I cant able to start some mods that require Menu Que Addon (Hud Bars, Dynamic Map, Minimap) . I have steam edition. I have tried with both obse 021 version and valve written obse version that works with steam. Is there any workaround to start those mods?

Regards,

Edited by mehmetkuc