Mythic Dawn: Gateway to Oblivion WIP

hishutup

Dude did you ever get the chance to test what I described with UL and roads of cyrodiil ? The broken patches with tears everywhere?

Edit: dude, please update the ini tweak section to incorporate Oblivion Reloaded 1.6.0's requirements and recommendations.

Another edit: I had another question, this time regarding the FCOM installation. I was looking at some other installation guides and pretty much all of them instruct to rename the item bsa file from Francesco's to have "FCOM" at the front of the filename. What is the reasoning behind not doing this? UPDATE: It's probably because the BAIN installer checks to see if FCOM is the installation you're doing, right?

I had another issue, though, when with a complete FCOM installation done... I keep running into alive "Dead Captive" NPCs. Like in the Fatback Cave.

Edited by AmeerHM

Dude? Try hish, hishy, hishutup

When someone uses the term dude in a thread, no one knows who they are talking to.

If it was geared toward me...

Sorry, I've been busy with other things such as school, testing, witcher3, etc.

If you want to fix something go ahead just leave a note so that I can verify it.

Dude? Try hish, hishy, hishutup

When someone uses the term dude in a thread, no one knows who they are talking to.

If it was geared toward me...

Sorry, I've been busy with other things such as school, testing, witcher3, etc.

If you want to fix something go ahead just leave a note so that I can verify it.

Don't worry about it, man.

I've literally been modding oblivion for a full month and a half now lol and it's one issue that keeps coming up when I've finished the entire guide... This: https://imgur.com/viCb5MV

I've asked Alenet from OR and made a post on the Tes4LodGen nexus page but the author has long since replied to any posts.

This issue is only prevalent with the files that Tes4LodGen produces and without them, I don't see any multicoloured or black reflections. I don't even know where to begin thinking what this could be. Which kind of file would be responsible for how reflections of structures look? What do you recommend?

If I can't get the game running without any blaring faults this time, I'm actually considering just giving up and playing through a different video game. Help me, Hishy!

Either I'm a total idiot, or Oblivion for PC is one finicky little monster. 

I'm and experienced Skyrim and Fallout Modder, and got Oblivion for a steal ($5 for GOTY on disk) so I said "WHOO HOOO!!! I can finally play this great game!" Nope. Not at all. 

So I'm following your guide, almost step by step. I'm ignoring a lot of the LARGER texture packs, and some of the overhauls, like FCOM, because I've read that there may be problems with them and Morroblivion, which I intend on installing.... IF I can ever get past the main menu with the .ini tweaks you're suggesting. So some information: 

AMD FX-8120, overclocked to 4.1ghz from 3.1ghz (it's been stable for about 2 years now, so YAY!!!) 

8gb Kingston Hyper-X DDR3 RAM

EVGA GTX 960 4gb

120gb SSD (For Elder Scrolls games, strictly)

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, stripped of all non-essential Windows services and software

So. I install some mods. I get all of the OBSE mods in and working fine. The patches and fixes work fine. When I start installing the UI mods is where I start getting issues. Especially with DarkDarN (it's sooo sexy :3). Basically, any time I have to change the .ini in \My Games\Oblivion, I can't get to the main menu. If I go back out, delete it, and let the launcher remake with default settings? I'm FINE. I can change screen resolution to 1920x1080, and I'm still ok. But if I do anything else? Back to freezing on launch. 

So, this is a non-steam version. I'm using Wrye Bash, not MO. Basically following the guide to the letter.

What am I doing wrong!?!?!

That sounds like some issue with the fonts.

I would look to see if those fonts actually exist to start with.

On a side note, the guide is in a very awkward position because there is like 3 partial rewrites in it.

I keep losing time/interest.

I'm copying and pasting what the fonts are supposed to say in .ini directly from the mod author's page. I would think they would exist. Lol

But it even happens whenever I don't make changes to fonts. It's ANY edit in oblivion.ini, except screen resolution. I use Notepad++ if that makes a difference.

Edited by Matriga

I think I got it. I went with a fresh install, loaded in with OBSE and the tester to make sure it was working, installed DarkDarN and copied and pasted the fonts settings right off the nexus page, made the other .ini tweaks, then set oblivion.ini as read only. So far so good.

Yo Hishy,

I fixed a lot of bad water reflections (yellow, green, blue and black) when Tes4LodGen is run by removing the Graphic Improvement Project from my game.

Might be worth adding a note to the guide that the GIP causes these issues. Took me two damn hours to roll back all the texture replacers to find the offending article... So happy it's gone now, though.

I hope you're still alive and somewhat interested in this game, lol.

Edited by AmeerHM

Same, I wish I could actually add to the guide. I've finally built a stable game after a lot of trial and error. Around 2 months of reinstalling the game with and without different mods and I finally have a game that has crashed zero times and works really well.

The problem with removing GIP is that it has some amazing textures. 

One way is to probably just delete the meshes.

I wanted to work on it but OR working on some stuff with ENBoost which may fix some issues with CTDs which is something that I am going to wait for.

I'm curious, are you planning on changing the guide significantly in the future, in such a way that we would need to make a fresh install? 

I'm looking for an excuse to reinstall the game so I could install Nehrim :innocent:

Edit: Actually, I made a backup of the whole Oblivion folder and the documents folder, so its safe for me to reinstall ::):

Edited by dreamer1986

I'm curious, are you planning on changing the guide significantly in the future, in such a way that we would need to make a fresh install? 

I'm looking for an excuse to reinstall the game so I could install Nehrim :innocent:

Edit: Actually, I made a backup of the whole Oblivion folder and the documents folder, so its safe for me to reinstall ::):

The guide is very much complete albeit a few minor issues that most of us are aware of, so if you experience anything unusual, post it here and we'll help.

In regards to it being updated, Hishutup's on an unofficial hiatus until OR Is updated with ENB support.

I've spent 2 months modding this game into playability lol, so I think it I can help with any issues you may experience with an install of THIS guide.

The guide is very much complete albeit a few minor issues that most of us are aware of, so if you experience anything unusual, post it here and we'll help.

In regards to it being updated, Hishutup's on an unofficial hiatus until OR Is updated with ENB support.

I've spent 2 months modding this game into playability lol, so I think it I can help with any issues you may experience with an install of THIS guide.

Actually, I did install the game with this guide, and played quite a bit :D . But I wanted to play Nehrim, and was thinking about uninstalling the game, and reinstalling it for Nehrim. But I simply made a backup of the game, and now I can enjoy Nehrim, and get back to playing Mythic Dawn when I'm done :) .